Coffee in Princess ships

sellwingri

I'm cruising on the Coral in May after almost exclusively cruising on Royal Caribbean for many years. One thing I do remember is that the coffee on Princess was horrible. I like my coffee strong but if I recall, it was extremely weak.

Has it improved at all over the past few years? Is it possible to get strong coffee anywhere on. The ship?

Edited by sellwingri

The International Cafe on Grand Princess offers a regular brew and a dark roasted brew coffee. Hot coffee, I will drink the regular brew and when I do Ice coffee, I like the dark roasted.

Coffee both fresh brewed and regular coffee taste fine to me.

Yes, I agree with this. While we do not consider ourselves to be "coffee snobs", we do make our daily morning coffee fix from fresh-ground beans here at home, we found the coffee (however it is made, or where it is served) aboard the Grand on our last cruise to be quite acceptable. Others may not agree, but taste is subjective.

...VTX-Al

International Cafe, but there is a cost. You purchase the Cafe Selects card for around $35. It has 15 punches for espresso drinks and allows you to get unlimited brewed coffee and special teas for the entire cruise. The punches never expire and can be used on a future Princess cruise, but the "unlimited" coffee is only good for the single cruise. You can purchase brewed coffee by the cup if you only want a few cups. There may also be a coffee/espresso station at the indoor pool bar.

I'm cruising on the Coral in May after almost exclusively cruising on Royal Caribbean for many years. One thing I do remember is that the coffee on Princess was horrible. I like my coffee strong but if I recall, it was extremely weak.

Has it improved at all over the past few years? Is it possible to get strong coffee anywhere on. The ship?

We just got off the Sapphire and I agree. Their reg. coffee is bad. I purchased the coffee card and it included all the premium brew from the Intl. Cafe (which otherwise has a cost) and I think 15 speciality coffees like lattes, espressos, etc. If you like RCI coffee which is Seattles Best by comparison Princess coffee is awful. Get the coffee card. It's well worth it.

I've found a great improvement in the coffee in the last year.

So many people complained about it before that I'm kind of surprised Princess didn't mention the improved coffee in their advertising.

(Found the same thing on Celebrity - no notice, but coffee GREATLY improved!)

International Cafe, but there is a cost. You purchase the Cafe Selects card for around $35. It has 15 punches for espresso drinks and allows you to get unlimited brewed coffee and special teas for the entire cruise. The punches never expire and can be used on a future Princess cruise, but the "unlimited" coffee is only good for the single cruise. You can purchase brewed coffee by the cup if you only want a few cups. There may also be a coffee/espresso station at the indoor pool bar.

Nicely explained above.

ALSO .... If you buy the "liquor sticker" (All Inclusive Beverage Package), unlimited espresso, brewed coffee, and special teas are included along with any other drink $10 or less which almost all are. :)

Nicely explained above.

ALSO .... If you buy the "liquor sticker" (All Inclusive Beverage Package), unlimited espresso, brewed coffee, and special teas are included along with any other drink $10 or less which almost all are. :)

So if I read your post correctly, we're able to get our coffee for free from the International cafe since we've purchased the unlimited beverage package? If true, that's great! We plan to indulge in a Baileys and Coffee each morning like we do when we're in Las Vegas and strong coffee will help. Thanks for your help.

So if I read your post correctly, we're able to get our coffee for free from the International cafe since we've purchased the unlimited beverage package?

I'm not sure which ship you're on, but you can get

speciality coffees usually at the international cafe;

lido buffet (from the pool bar); Sabatini's and Crown

Grill.

Anytime you want 'plain' coffee, just order an americano with the AIBP.

So if I read your post correctly, we're able to get our coffee for free from the International cafe since we've purchased the unlimited beverage package? If true, that's great! We plan to indulge in a Baileys and Coffee each morning like we do when we're in Las Vegas and strong coffee will help. Thanks for your help.

Promise, it's true. Been there...done that! Enjoy! :D

If I have a coffee card can I use room service to deliver the IC brew or would I need to trek down to the café to use it?

If I have a coffee card can I use room service to deliver the IC brew or would I need to trek down to the café to use it?

Sorry but you need to go down to the IC to get it.

I don't even think room service could deliver the IC brew (or cappuccinos ,etc.), even if you were willing to pay for it. :(

I always bring my own coffee creamers to sweet up the coffee in the MDR. I usually bring a handful of these http://www.staples.com/International-Delight-Liquid-Irish-Creme-Creamer-Cups-192-Case/product_635895?cid=PS:GS:SBD:CB:DSA:10:43199:DSA:2464741&gclid=COyinrOg3MsCFZRlfgodzy8Fag The wait staff always look at me like I’m nuts when I use them. I sometimes also bring my own coffee mug because I don’t like the coffee cups they use in the MDR.

Sorry but you need to go down to the IC to get it.

I don't even think room service could deliver the IC brew (or cappuccinos ,etc.), even if you were willing to pay for it. :(

At dinner the waiters were kind enough to get it for me. When we were on the Island the head waiter at breakfast knew I had the card and just got me a carafe of brewed coffee in the mornings. Good guy.:)