Dietary need for Cider Vinegar

Is it possible to bring bottles of Braggs cider vinegar aboard? Or do you think I can request a cup of natural cider vinegar from the kitchen/room service every day? I don't know how to walk a bottle of vinegar into the ship from Venice. :p

Is it possible to bring bottles of Braggs cider vinegar aboard? Or do you think I can request a cup of natural cider vinegar from the kitchen/room service every day? I don't know how to walk a bottle of vinegar into the ship from Venice. :p

Contact [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse] about special dietary requirements.

I carry a small bottle of apple cider vinegar on every cruise. They do not have this on board. Before I started bringing my own I asked and got rice vinegar in a gallon bottle. I wrap the bottle in bubble wrap and put in my checked baggage. Make sure it is a new sealed bottle. That way no problem if they check it. You could carry it on I just don't want the weight. They can check it and see that it is vinegar.

I carry a small bottle of apple cider vinegar on every cruise. They do not have this on board. Before I started bringing my own I asked and got rice vinegar in a gallon bottle. I wrap the bottle in bubble wrap and put in my checked baggage. Make sure it is a new sealed bottle. That way no problem if they check it. You could carry it on I just don't want the weight. They can check it and see that it is vinegar.

wow. I cook a lot of Japanese and it would take me 4 or 5 months to go through a gallon of rice vinegar! :eek:

I would further suggest to the OP that they find a PLASTIC bottle of cider vinegar.

If you're going to have it in your checked luggage...just be aware that it may delay having your luggage delivered to your cabin...as you will be called down to open your luggage and verify the contents...no big deal...just be aware of this as they will usually call you on your cabin phone to advise you of this and where to come.

If you're going to have it in your checked luggage...just be aware that it may delay having your luggage delivered to your cabin...as you will be called down to open your luggage and verify the contents...no big deal...just be aware of this as they will usually call you on your cabin phone to advise you of this and where to come.

How about if I carry it on as wine? Or just carry it on sealed from the store in Venice? Am I overthinking this? It's just that cider vinegar is so good my health.

How about if I carry it on as wine? Or just carry it on sealed from the store in Venice? Am I overthinking this? It's just that cider vinegar is so good my health.

More than likely you may have no problem...don't spend too much time stressing over this..that's not good for your health. Relax and enjoy your cruise.

Cider vinegar and kelp pills were supposed to be a big weight loss thing in the 70's maybe? I don't know what the current interest in it is now.

It made me barf. I can't really think of a polite word. Vomit doesn't sound any better.....and I'm sure there is some other health thing that it is recommended for now. :D

And sure, you can bring it onboard.(as long as you are not bringing agricultural fertilizer at the same time) It is not as prohibited item. But they also won't have any available for you onboard. :-)

Edited by Coralc

My big reason for having apple cider vinegar . It helps with muscle cramps. Working out in the heat tends to cramp muscles. For some reason apple cider vinegar helps. We mix with apple juice and honey. Its refreshing and helps avoid those night time leg cramps. If you Google uses for apple cider vinegar you will find a lot of other uses, but this is the reason we carry it when going to the Caribbean. Apple juice and honey is available on board in the morning at the Windjammer or Room Service.

When pregnant with my first child in 1962, I read the very popular book "Dr Jarvis's " Arthritis and Folk Medicine ". He recommended cider vinegar in water for numerous things. Having had straight hair all of my life, I wanted my hopefully baby girl to have curly hair. He guaranteed babies would be born with curly hair if their expectant mother drank cider vinegar. I did, she did, and only forgave me a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have brought the plastic bottles of Eden Organics Cider Vinegar many many times in my checked luggage. Never had a problem. I wrap it in press n seal first and then put it in a ziploc freezer bag. I have never been sent to the naughty room. They are lighter than the glass bottles and smaller. I use up one bottle and then toss it in recycling.

Hope this helps!

Dee

It's supposed to help with many ailments, including ridding the body of lactic acid after exercising. Gastric reflux, blood sugar regulation, sinus or throat infections, digestion, migraines, depression, etc. It is an anti=inflammatory, anti=infective, and anit-oxidant. It balances the pH of the body.

It needs to be organic (cloudy), and you need to dissolve one or two teaspoonsful in a liquid such as water (otherwise the acetic acid can cause chemical burns to the throat and esophagus). I figure even if it doesn't help, there's no harm in taking it in limited quantities as long as I dilute it.

You need to be careful about drug interactions...particularly some heart and diabetic meds. Ensure you physician knows and you can always speak to a pharmacist as well.

Take the tablet formulation with plenty of water being careful not to get the pill "stuck" in the throat/esophagus as it can cause long term damage to the area.

Edited by wendychloecruiser

I'm sorry but I'm excited about natural apple cider vinegar.

However, I believe there's a rule against listing commercial sites...? I am in PA, I fly to Venice for a cruise in May, and I found an American company that can ship my product to my Venice hotel in advance within 40 days at an affordable price.

Bob, what am I allowed to say?

I believe naming travel agencies or travel websites is taboo. Tour companies in various ports, hotels, shuttle companies and even magnets for the cabin are listed. I ordered my cruise luggage tag holders from a company listed on Cruise Critic. I don't think you need to worry, and you're performing a service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I take 6 tablespoons everyday but I never bring it on the ship. I'm not eating very healthy anyway while on the cruise so I figure I can go a week without it.