ms Maasdam Sail-Away March 29, 2016

Boytjie

The Maasdam is scheduled to set sail at 16:00/4:00 PM EDT (subject to change as always).

The webcams are at:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

The Maasdam's 11-day Southern Caribbean itinerary:

Mar 29 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Mar 30 At Sea

Mar 31 At Sea

Apr 1 Philipsburg, Sint Maarten

Apr 2 Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis

Apr 3 Kingstown, St. Vincent and the Grenadines

Apr 4 Bridgetown, Barbados

Apr 5 Fort-De-France, Martinique

Apr 6 Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands

Apr 7 At Sea

Apr 8 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Apr 9 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

C6S11W.jpg

The Maasdam's 21-day Southern/Eastern Caribbean itinerary:

Mar 29 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Mar 30 At Sea

Mar 31 At Sea

Apr 1 Philipsburg, Sint Maarten

Apr 2 Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis

Apr 3 Kingstown, St. Vincent and the Grenadines

Apr 4 Bridgetown, Barbados

Apr 5 Fort-De-France, Martinique

Apr 6 Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands

Apr 7 At Sea

Apr 8 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Apr 9 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Apr 10 At Sea

Apr 11 At Sea

Apr 12 San Juan, Puerto Rico

Apr 13 Philipsburg, Sint Maarten

Apr 14 Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis

Apr 15 St. Johns, Antigua and Barbuda

Apr 16 St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.

Apr 17 At Sea

Apr 18 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Apr 19 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

C6Y21W.jpg

For my fellow sail-away addicts...

Since most of the Sail-away gang are on this roll call or are following it I would share some information. I spoke with the current Captain of the Westerdam this evening and expressed our disappointment with the lack of horn leaving FLL. His response was: someone who lives in that area wrote a very nasty email to the home office with major complaints about the noise. It reached the CEO who spoke with the Captain. Therefore, he will not be using the horns anymore. Told him how sad we all would be.

summerslope posted this on our roll call thread. It explains why we have been not hearing our usual wonderful toots.

The complainer is a real Scrooge. You live near a port and can't stand to hear the ships' horns?:confused::confused: Bah, humbug!

summerslope posted this on our roll call thread. It explains why we have been not hearing our usual wonderful toots.

The complainer is a real Scrooge. You live near a port and can't stand to hear the ships' horns?:confused::confused: Bah, humbug!

Sad. Real sad!

Roy

Sad. Real sad!

Roy

It's amazing that one miserable person:mad: can spoil things because you can tell the majority of the people in the condos love the horns.

BTW, thanks Roy for telling me how to quote from another thread. I bookmarked it but this was my first chance to use it.:)

:(

Very sad indeed.:(

What you said "you live near a port and can't stand to hear the ship's horns?"

Seriously, what is wrong with people. Ships make horn noises, deal with it. 99% of the people who live there look forward to cruise ship sail away. It must be someone new to the area. Maybe we should have all the ships make as much noise as possible and make the grouches leave. *evil grin*

This is my first sailaway in a long time. Been super busy with maritime school!! I have been busy learning what all the horn signals are.

I had to tune in to see my beloved Maasdam. As a job well done gift from my hubby, we are going on a 14 day Alaska cruise on the Maasdam in May before I have to report to the academy ship in June.

Anyone know who is Captain on Maasdam right now? I heard Ms. Catherine Williams earlier. She remains a role model for me.

You live near a port and can't stand to hear the ships' horns?:confused::confused: Bah, humbug!

Exactly! And I'll bet you ten dollars to a donut that the port was there LONG before the resident was. He/She HAD TO KNOW ships would be going in and out. It's the same as folks who build a house along the airport fence then gripe about the aircraft noise. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for them.