Past guest party

wild hogs

Be aware that with gold members no longer attending the party skews much older and has been renamed the Passed Guest Wake :)

On the Glory's Journey cruises there were over 600 plats and diamonds filling up the main floor of the theater. Many were also B2B for the 21 days. I don't recall it was similar to a wake. Perhaps when you just have a small # of pax attending?

I just went to Platinum /diamond party last Saturday on the Pride. It couldn't of been more different than the one I did last June and last August on the Splendor. The one on the Pride was just like the old past guest party when is was for anyone who sailed previously. (with 100's of people) It was held in the theater and there were app and drinks with a band on the stage.

Last summer its seemed like there might of been 50 people that showed held in a small lounge. There were contests such as guess the baby pic of the crew member whose pic it is and a few other such things. There was a tub of beer and other drinks that could be ordered.

Amazing how much the party has changed in a few months, unless the party is done to the number of platinum's and diamonds on board. I also don't remember which day it was held on the Splendor but don't think it was done the last day.

Edited by sunshine002

The last three cruises I have been on, the past guest party was the last night at 5pm. Those ships were the Pride, Paradise and Conquest.

seems like an odd time for the party. Wasn't the fun farewell party at that time and cancelled due to low attendance?

Bill

I think the size of the room is determined by the number of guests. On the Breeze in November, there were probably 300 of us and it was held in a large lounge. I can't remember which one but it was crowded. It was anything but a wake. It was loud and fun with Matt Meacham as the CD. There were games and the liquor was flowing. MY DH thought it would be a good idea to have as many as he could in the hour and 1/2. Start packing before you go just in case you do the same. :eek: Go early because we went on time and it was full and hopping. There were plenty of servers so no problem getting appetizers or drinks like in the past when it had way too many people. They did check our invitations when we entered.

seems like an odd time for the party. Wasn't the fun farewell party at that time and cancelled due to low attendance?

Bill

Sure was! I wondered if maybe this party is next on the chopping block. Or, maybe they are just trying to keep attendance down. The parties I have been to lately, just like those Fun Farewell parties I used to attend, were packed. Anytime you have free drinks, you will draw people. Ever try yelling "FREE BEER" in the middle of a crowd? :D

I am going on the freedom and it will be my 1st platinum cruise. When is the past guest party if anybody remembers?

Really not much to it. Watered down drinks and an old film. Was more funwhen the Golds went too. They are party people!!!

On the Magic it was held on the last sea day in the comedy club with red and white checked tablecloths (picnic). The premade drinks were strong and you could order other drinks. There was an abundance of food and it was delicious.

Sure was! I wondered if maybe this party is next on the chopping block. Or, maybe they are just trying to keep attendance down. The parties I have been to lately, just like those Fun Farewell parties I used to attend, were packed. Anytime you have free drinks, you will draw people. Ever try yelling "FREE BEER" in the middle of a crowd? :D

I cant imagine they would get rid of this one but after whittling down invitees so much over the years who knows.

They way they have done this has increased average age of attendees quite a bit so it is a very subdued affair.

It's a big improvement over the old Past Guest parties. The crowd is small and manageable, the drinks are more plentiful, and the food is better.

On Glory they let us bring our non-platinum kids.

Last year on the pride the platinum and diamond party was alot of fun maybe 100 people. Not water down drinks we had full size MARGARITAS...It was not a wake at all. It was a lot better than in the past when there are to many people to even get one drink.

I plan on getting some exercise too walking to the tub :)