Live from the Westerdam-Join the "Pearls of the Pacific" gang's South Pacific Cruise

kazu

So many sea days!!! I feel very relaxed. I made some posts and added some photos to my blog (see my signature) during a quick 24 hour internet purchase. Time is up!!! Ack![emoji47]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love your sunrise pictures! Thanks for sharing them.

So many sea days!!! I feel very relaxed. I made some posts and added some photos to my blog (see my signature) during a quick 24 hour internet purchase. Time is up!!! Ack![emoji47]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reminder - I had forgotten that I have your blog bookmarked.:o Just spent some time happily catching up. Great photos!

They have changed the On Location to have the shows at 6 pm and 8pm so that there is time for the Pool Party tonight.

A surprise pool party with free drinks from 9 - 10:30 for patience with the weather.

How does everyone fit in the Lido mid ship if we can't get off? LOL.

Watched from the pinnacle bar to see the first few guests go ashore after the entertainment came aboard. Was hoping Mario would crawl down the gang plank and roll on the ground as he demonstrated before the show last night. Didn't hear announcement about being able to set foot on land but I can wait until the am. Weather looks gray and gloomy but temp is much nicer than cruising from Southampton to Miami in late October/early November. I don't know how many on board are going to sign up for next years cruise on Maasdam but that is the *ad* in tomorrow's On Location for the FCC. Resisted thanking Captain for bday card. Fun to see so many of the entertainers out on the Lido. Good food, weak drinks.

Watched from the pinnacle bar to see the first few guests go ashore after the entertainment came aboard. Was hoping Mario would crawl down the gang plank and roll on the ground as he demonstrated before the show last night. Didn't hear announcement about being able to set foot on land but I can wait until the am. Weather looks gray and gloomy but temp is much nicer than cruising from Southampton to Miami in late October/early November. I don't know how many on board are going to sign up for next years cruise on Maasdam but that is the *ad* in tomorrow's On Location for the FCC. Resisted thanking Captain for bday card. Fun to see so many of the entertainers out on the Lido. Good food, weak drinks.

The Eagle has landed :) :)

We are on Terra Firma.

Lots of crew heading off very happy!!!! The party that they held was very nice. They brought performers on board and they were very good. We didn't hear any announcement but we were at Le Cirque.

I snuck over to the Pinnacle Bar as we kept seeing lights and thought we were making it, but we didn't want to get our hopes up. We were there. I was a tad boisterous when I came back, I confess.

Captain was at the Lido party and announced we were on Terra Firma and was very boisterous. Can't blame him a bit since I already was.

Now, to see the weather tomorrow. We have a tour with Bruno (L'Equestrian Bleu) to go to the marae (archaeological site), Pearl farms, coral gardens a motu for lunch, etc. Hoping that the weather will improve. He wants to wait until tomorrow to "call it" so off we will go in the hopes it happens.

Fingers crossed. It seems much better now although it is still raining, but not as hard and I can deal with rain - it's better than snow - just no thunderstorms or lightening please!

I tried to get some pics of the party and a bit of video. I will post later once I have previewed it. Most of it is probably not good, sadly. Too crowded.

Whoever said HAL rolls up the carpet at 9:30 a.m. Was very wrong as far as this cruise is concerned. We are facing the port and there are a pile of people getting off. I suspect they want to touch Terra Firma. We will wait until tomorrow as we have a very early start - despite my best plans.

Hallelujah !!! We are here :) :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The pool party was very popular as you might expect with free drinks. It was also very warm and humid with the cover closed. They did open it a few feet but that just let the rain in.

e67960539a16b3e36a69381c22a7f2ef.jpg

The free drinks

705e93cb22ec8dc975da9d8e29679426.jpg

237c4c7d2ffecf4a607358c20c239282.jpg

a15226e39cb67984ba3d4ac2db55d054.jpg

Captain van Eerten

We were on the Westerdam cruise prior to yours...the 21 day Panama Canal. We had a lot of individual entertainers but saw very little of the Westerdam singers and dancers. I think they did four shows over the three week period, not what we were accustomed to and the shows were not very good. From looking at your posts, they are performing the same shows (on our cruise many cruisers either didn't go, or walked out).

What do those 12 performers do on your cruise? On our cruise I saw them one night doing line-dancing at the pool and I think they taught a dance class. This seems to be the new production company but I don't know what we should expect. Usually on a 7 day cruise, I have identified with at least one of the singers and dancers and go to the shows. This group for me lacked charisma but also had few opportunities to relate to the audience.

Well, I am a tad behind so, before. I forget,, let me start of with today''s on Locations & menus...

debab74105c640a4e809c3b5f33901fa.jpg

7969a9acecd37e2ea2f3526f98fb5ef0.jpg

4dc3abaea73f8afc3471de92be6fceae.jpg

b2eaa2aae30d9d9bc59e1356a697bee3.jpg

098ec92ebfb32c69caa08b973e2e1a79.jpg

There were already some great pics done of the pool. Party last night.

Here''s a few more for anyone it may interest.

60652a85175851eff7aa12e2bcdea3f3.jpg

4c558e5e3404905e0ac2f0aa66baf245.jpg

Our Hawaiian performers/troupe were really enjoying the music.

https://vimeo.com/163502630

https://vimeo.com/163503102

The bar tenders were having fun.

A couple more pics and a video -- Not clear enough but you will get the idea.

8c2ae0ca4109c42003658546fb86fede.jpg

I give up. Can't get the other one loaded. Will try later. off. To happy hour.& dinner.

59e8241e852b4560f4627bac5733a030.jpg

https://vimeo.com/163505268

So, the. Story on today. We did get to Bora. Bora but our private excursion was cancelled with Bruno (L'Excrusion Bleu)).

Ok, kazu''s little vent. I had emailed him last night as I saw the forecast.. His reply. Not good, we'll see tomorrow. So I kept the email on early this a.m. And nothing. By then I had decided that it wasn''t safe IMO. And polled our participants. A few of us headed off to get the scoop from Bruno.. He arrived and declared it cancelled. So, why did we have to walk to the Shell. Station in the pouring rain??? Why didn't he just email me. If. He wasn't. Refunding the deposit on the spot???? Coming by Internet. Kazu was not a happy camper this morning.

HAL also cancelled every one of. Their shore excursions.. Sadly, the weather for Bora Bora looks. The same tomorrow. Two highlights of this trip were. The tour with Bruno. And with Patrick tomorrow in Bora Bora. Crossing my fingers that the weatherman is wrong. Captain Van Eerten. Is attempting a bit of a different strategy to get to the lagoon earlier and avoid. The swell so we can tender. Time will tell.

But Bora Bora port knew they had a captive audience and really went out of their way to show us a good time.

ec8734b371577ba45326918e6ff825ff.jpg

766e2e158364e796b3c4dd46aa21e426.jpg

71e80ebe1be805e767f8bf3b629c19d9.jpg

https://vimeo.com/163515576

We got this fellow a couple of nights ago - he is hanging by a vent. And he hasn't been dismantled. Not a stranger to most of you, but his guy has a Malita!!! (That's Bali for leia).

32c1fe778e8f0a306d347b3f6cc9d674.jpg

I wore the leia to dinner tonight and the placed it around the monkey tonight. I got the leia as a gift after I bought my flowers. Yes, this port has a gorgeous market including flowers.

ec464c517f26516f2742dbf818d45a53.jpg

Nice to give the lonely orchid some company - LOL

ea284a440993a472930649112fa643c8.jpg

$10 US in the lovely market today. Something had to go right ;)

So, the. Story on today. We did get to Bora. Bora but our private excursion was cancelled with Bruno (L'Excrusion Bleu)).

Ok, kazu''s little vent. I had emailed him last night as I saw the forecast.. His reply. Not good, we'll see tomorrow. So I kept the email on early this a.m. And nothing. By then I had decided that it wasn''t safe IMO. And polled our participants. A few of us headed off to get the scoop from Bruno.. He arrived and declared it cancelled. So, why did we have to walk to the Shell. Station in the pouring rain??? Why didn't he just email me. If. He wasn't. Refunding the deposit on the spot???? Coming by Internet. Kazu was not a happy camper this morning.

HAL also cancelled every one of. Their shore excursions.. Sadly, the weather for Bora Bora looks. The same tomorrow. Two highlights of this trip were. The tour with Bruno. And with Patrick tomorrow in Bora Bora. Crossing my fingers that the weatherman is wrong. Captain Van Eerten. Is attempting a bit of a different strategy to get to the lagoon earlier and avoid. The swell so we can tender. Time will tell.

But Bora Bora port knew they had a captive audience and really went out of their way to show us a good time.

You might like to change today's earlier location to Raiatea. Bora Bora is in sight now at 10:20 pm.

People will be confused as you referred to both places as Bora Bora.

The market place was really nice. So many wonderful fruits, flowers, vegetables - artisans works upstairs. But my focus was on the real marketplace.

106ddcc0f76b9656a5dd6661e98f5976.jpg

6cbff2df3b8620ddfa6fbaf70706579e.jpg

Well shoot, two hours later and only a few uploads are working. I have to hit the hay in case we can do our tour tomorrow (not holding my breath). I will continue.