Menu Rotation: How Often?

harryw

They rotated it in The Terrace every 7 days. SOOOOO Boring.

Surely you don't eat there every night.

Between the specialties, MDR and Terrace, there is plenty of variety IMO (and I am a picky eater :))

Not to mention that even if they rotate it every 7 days, there is usually more than 1 item I like - so next time I can get another dish that I didn't try first time around.

Whatever problems Oceania may have, food is not one of them :D

The MDR does rotate every 14 days and The Terrace often has items on their buffet that mirror what is being offered in the MDR along with other grill fare, etc.

Terrace will also have 'theme' night every once in a while, especially if some local delicacy has been obtained in a port. Recall fresh fish being grilled in Terraces that was caught that day by locals, also a fresh oyster night.

You won't be bored with the food!

They rotated it in The Terrace every 7 days. SOOOOO Boring.

I found that the Terrace also served many items that were on the main dining rooms and TOSCANA and Red Ginger. Even if they served the same things exactly every day... there are literally hundreds of possible options...

I was on Marina for 33 days and never ran out out of wonderful and new options.

If you have very structured tastes and opinions /immiganation on food I can see that a person might not be as adventurous and creative.

As a foodie I absolutely loved the Terrace...many times better than the Main dining room... and the options....wow

I recall one evening Having a great Veal Oscar, added a Trimbal of smoked forest mushrooms and a croute of escargot in a burgundy reduction grilled tomatoes and eggplant added a salad composed of spinach,Romane, and added bay scallops.....

We ended up eating about 70% of your meals there because you had everything the MDR had, and bits of what all the specialties had.... a feast of the senses and combinations not possible in any 1 or even 2 other options

The only days we eat lunch on board is on sea days. That has been between 1 day and 6 days for us on different cruises. If it is a sea day, we often eat breakfast in the MDR, love those lamb chops for breakfast, which means a lite lunch at Waves.

We are foodies, so when in port, when our tour facilitates it, we often choose a really nice restaurant specializing in local specialties. That two hour lunch with wine may leave very little room for dinner. Those nights we might go to the Terrace for a lite dinner.

Between the Specialties, and the La Reserve with on an O ship, Privee at least once perhaps, that ends up leaving limited nights for the Terrace or MDR. So it's difficult to become bored with the menu with so many selections.

We prefer to share tables, both in the Specialties and the MDR, for the casual conversation , with a leisurely meal, with fellow traveler. Unless we're just tired and want to finish quickly, we choose not to go with the jump up and down, everyone eating at their own pace thing, at dinner in the Buffet line in the Terrace. Others, like eating their 3-4 course meal in 26 minutes and then moving on to other things have a different view of this , of course,. Eating a leisurely 1 1/2 hour -2 hour meal is painful for some. So it's great there are plenty of options, with great food, to fit people's preferences :D

I had one of the BEST dinners at The Terrace on Riviera during our Barcelona to Istanbul cruise. Had a late night departure from Alanya, Turkey and elected to dine al fresco. Same food as the MDR plus the fresh grilled lamb chops, jumbo shrimp, etc. I echo the others that the dining choices on Riviera or Marina offer plenty of variety.