Lobster Night in Buffet?

Hi all,

Will be going on the Oasis of the Seas shortly and I understand Lobster night is usually the second formal night in the MDR. Since i will be travelling with a 3 year old, I'm not too sure if he would be able to sit still and behave for 2 hours for dinner. Last thing I want is for my son to be disturbing other guests so we will possibly have to eat at the Windjammer. Does anyone know if they serve lobster at the buffet? Hoping i won't have to miss out on Lobster night! :(

Hi all,

Will be going on the Oasis of the Seas shortly and I understand Lobster night is usually the second formal night in the MDR. Since i will be travelling with a 3 year old, I'm not too sure if he would be able to sit still and behave for 2 hours for dinner. Last thing I want is for my son to be disturbing other guests so we will possibly have to eat at the Windjammer. Does anyone know if they serve lobster at the buffet? Hoping i won't have to miss out on Lobster night! :(

I have yet to see the lobster offered at the buffet. Can you maybe request your own table in the dining room on formal night? Not sure if you are doing traditional or my time dining.

We are doing My Time Dining. I'm just worried my little rugrat will disturb others:eek:

Some cruise lines will speed dinner for those traveling with kids. Also, on Disney the kids ate first and then the camp staff came to the dining room to pick them up.

We are doing My Time Dining. I'm just worried my little rugrat will disturb others:eek:

We've cruised with grandchildren this age..twice recently..Give MTD a try...We were very surprised at how easy this actually turned out.

Also any reason to not consider using the Nursery/Adventure Ocean...the staff there was amazing.

Some cruise lines will speed dinner for those traveling with kids. Also, on Disney the kids ate first and then the camp staff came to the dining room to pick them up.

The ship the OP is cruising on (RCI Oasis) also has this option...Family Dining.

No lobster tail in the buffet...ever.

Never say never.

I and several other people have made rare spottings of lobster tails in the Windjammer.

It is certainly not to be expected, but it does occur.

But you'll never read this.

Others may.

:D

Last thing I want is for my son to be disturbing other guests so we will possibly have to eat at the Windjammer. Does anyone know if they serve lobster at the buffet? Hoping i won't have to miss out on Lobster night! :(

No lobster in the buffet or people would eat all of it and look around for more. :D At least in the dining room there might be some restraint... :p:p:p

Please feel free to go to FN and have your lobster! There are always children in the dining room, not to worry. Dinner does not have to take 2 hours, goodness no - also, what do you do when you go to a restaurant at home? Bring along some crayons and coloring book, or let him watch a movie on the iPad (just suggesting). No one will mind.

Ask for a table for just your party that evening, and you can make the best of it. Tell your wait team that you are not sure how long junior will stay quiet, and could you have dinner quicker rather than lingering. If he starts to fuss, you'll deal with it.

Enjoy yourselves. :)

Never say never.

I and several other people have made rare spottings of lobster tails in the Windjammer.

But you'll never read this....

Yes, thought of you when I read the question. I know this was discussed not too long ago.

I don't think cb ever goes to the buffet, so not sure how she knows this for sure. She is a proponent of service in the dining room.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

When our son was a toddler, we would take a tablet with movies and bring headphones so the noise would not disturb others. Crayons and coloring book also worked well. Our meals were served quickly. Good luck.

Never say never.

Others may.

When I clicked on this thread, how did I know there would be an ignorant post by cb? Certain threads have just come to expect it. ;)

Hi all,

No lobster in the buffet.

We've found that when cruising with a little one, in addition to bringing small toys or an iPad for entertainment, it's good to keep something in the mouth!:p Our waiters were very good about bringing us 'toddler hors d'oeuvres' as soon as we sat down - a little plate with cheese, crackers, grapes, and apple slices. (Let them know in advance if you want this.)

We were amazed at how well our little one did with MDR dinners on 2 cruises. Our waiters expedited our service (8 at our table) and we were always out of there within 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 min. So don't be afraid to give it a try - the worst that can happen is you'll have to leave and go to the Windjammer. Hoping it will work for you!

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

The ship the OP is cruising on (RCI Oasis) also has this option...Family Dining.

Family Time dining was not available when I booked over the phone. RCI told me I would have to wait until I board and speak with the Maitre D. It's dependent on the amount of kids that participate in the Family Time Dining and may not have any available openings. :(

Never say never.

Others may.

At least she didn't CAPITALIZE "ever"this time ! Progress?...probably not. ;)

I don't think cb ever goes to the buffet, so not sure how she knows this for sure. She is a proponent of service in the dining room.

In order to go to the buffet on a ship one would first have to go to the ship.

To answer the OP we utilize the Windjammer for dinner more than we use the MDR. We have seen lobster several times but it is certainly not the norm.

Hi all,

Our dinners in the MDR lasted around 45 minutes or so. No need to take 2 hours. Lots of kids in there, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for all the suggestions.. if you see a little rugrat in the MDR during lobster night, surrounded by toys and electronics and still making a ruckus, i apologize in advance! I'll kick my husband out with my DS and eat their share of Lobster! :p

Thanks for all the suggestions.. if you see a little rugrat in the MDR during lobster night, surrounded by toys and electronics and still making a ruckus, i apologize in advance! I'll kick my husband out with my DS and eat their share of Lobster! :p

Now THAT'S a plan! ;)