I'm going on a cruise, and I'm bringing something that...

mistyinca

We bring games to play. There are all kind of travel games out there. We also bring our own deck of cards.

It is amazing when you find a place too sit and play how many people you attract. Our groups have gone from just DH and myself to 10 to 12 people. It is really fun. That is not counting all the spectators standing around watching and cheering for a winner. Lots of fun.

That's a cool idea! Hmmmmmm I wonder if I should bring my Cards Against Humanity deck....if the Quest game is a bust, CAH will cure the raunchy deficit...

I got the clear plastic luggage tags from Cruise Critic, after doing a review of last cruise I even got one of them half price, would have been nice to get the whole order for half price but a dollar saved is a dollar saved/

I can only eat small amounts at a time so I bring a small box of pop up foil sheets to cover my sandwich or the part of my plate that I can't finish at the time but will finish in 30 mins to an hour.

Also I buy the very large ziploc bags from the dollar store. They are great for storing things that may drip or may be wet. And the bags are reusable and great for packing clothes when coming back. Sometimes we do laundry and these bags are good for our nicely folded clothes, you can even throw shoes in there to separate from the rest of your packed items. The uses are endless .

Command brand damage-Free Hooks/Hangars, in two sizes - .5 lb and 1 lb. They will hold whatever and when it is time to disembark they are easy peasy to remove with no damage to the wall.:D

Edited by sharkaymon

I've never tried this but plan on doing it on our next cruise in November. Two magnets, string and close pins.

Attach the string to the magnets and place on the wall in the cabin (almost like a cloth line). Then as I finish reading the Fun Times I can place them on the string with a close pin and its out of the way and can easily be taken down to place in my luggage on the last night of our cruise.

I've never tried this but plan on doing it on our next cruise in November. Two magnets, string and close pins.

Attach the string to the magnets and place on the wall in the cabin (almost like a cloth line). Then as I finish reading the Fun Times I can place them on the string with a close pin and its out of the way and can easily be taken down to place in my luggage on the last night of our cruise.

Why not just put them on the counter in a pile in the corner, in a drawer, or in your suitcase when you're done? Seems like an awful lot of work and a lot of visual clutter for papers. Plus then they will be "dented" where the clothespin was.

</script>"display:block; width:540px; height:250px" tabindex="1" dir="ltr">

HI Mistyinca :)

My cool item to bring along when sailing is probably considered a little outside

of the box. We bring a cruise journal. :)

This is a great idea! Thanks for suggesting it.

Why not just put them on the counter in a pile in the corner, in a drawer, or in your suitcase when you're done? Seems like an awful lot of work and a lot of visual clutter for papers. Plus then they will be "dented" where the clothespin was.

Because I saw someone use this idea for hanging their wet swim wear and thought that there had to be a better idea for it. I've always placed them in a drawer but thought hanging them on a line like photographs would be a cute idea. And how much trouble can it be to tie a string between two magnets and place them on a wall. If they do look cute and not cluttered I'll come back to this a photo.

Because I saw someone use this idea for hanging their wet swim wear and thought that there had to be a better idea for it. I've always placed them in a drawer but thought hanging them on a line like photographs would be a cute idea. And how much trouble can it be to tie a string between two magnets and place them on a wall. If they do look cute and not cluttered I'll come back to this a photo.

I am interested to see it!

Thanks. I see it on the Fry's website and just may order one. Thanks for the quick reply! :)

I'd reccomend a different one on the ship. I travel a lot, and many of the big ones like that that plug right in the wall are too heavy and fall out of the outlets.

I use a 6 port from amazon that has a 5 foot cord on it. the cord can be swapped for a shorter one (the old radio style one that looks like a figure 8) that way it can rest on the desk, and I use 1 foot cables so there's no birds nest of wires.

If you're going on an adventurous type of excursion, such as zip lining, kayaking or river tubing, and you wear glasses, bring some type of eyewear retainer, such as Chums or something similar. You definitely don't want to lose your glasses while on vacation.

Edited by beachbum53

That Poweradd 3.4a has a surge protector. From Carnival:

"Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution.

That would imply that only extension cords with surge protection aren't allowed. Power strips and outlet adaptors are not modified by the phrase in paragraphs after extension cords.

That would imply that only extension cords with surge protection aren't allowed. Power strips and outlet adaptors are not modified by the phrase in paragraphs after extension cords.

No. A surge protector is a surge protector no matter how you slice it. It means all inclusive. Such as all those things without surge protectors. It would be redundant to list them individually saying "without surge protection". They are all listed in the same sentence.

I think this was written before the cubes with SP became popular and they were only found on the big strips. I agree that they do need to go ahead and modify the wording as to make it more clear. But the mechanics of surge protection is the same no matter the shape of the unit.

Edited by firemanbobswife

What is pink noise? I've heaved heard that one before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Pink or White noise is the noise you would have heard if you tuned your old AM transistor radio in-between stations. It's kind of a droning noise. It's used mainly by people that work nights and sleep during the day. I blocks out outside noises like voice's, lawn mowers, kids playing outside below your window. Nowa days there are actually apps that you can download to use it. I use it in every hotel I sleep in.

It's a God Send for those of us who have worked nights that's for sure.

Edited by fitoldguyinspeedo

One thing I get is a very cheap watch to take onshore with me. Since cell phones will always change time to match your time zone and the ship may or may not do that, I take a watch onshore set to whatever time the ship is using that way we always know. I think the last one I bought was less than $10 at Walmart.

Large plastic clothes pins for securing beach towels on windy days and to hang clothes in the room to dry. They have these at dollar tree for a buck

https://www.dollartree.com/household/cleaning/laundry-cleaning/Essentials-Jumbo-Plastic-Clothespins-6-ct-Packs/500c501c506p336245/index.pro?method=search

Clothes pins (of any size) are handy for any travelling; I always keep some in my toiletry kit now. They're not only handy for hanging clothes to dry, but for pinning curtains closed in hotel or cruise ship balcony rooms to help keep the light out if you like to sleep in late (or take a mid-day nap).

One thing I get is a very cheap watch to take onshore with me. Since cell phones will always change time to match your time zone and the ship may or may not do that, I take a watch onshore set to whatever time the ship is using that way we always know. I think the last one I bought was less than $10 at Walmart.

I am always worried about my cell phone updating to local time and then getting confused in regard to what time I REALLY need to head back to the ship! Great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No. A surge protector is a surge protector no matter how you slice it. It means all inclusive. Such as all those things without surge protectors. It would be redundant to list them individually saying "without surge protection". They are all listed in the same sentence.

I think this was written before the cubes with SP became popular and they were only found on the big strips. I agree that they do need to go ahead and modify the wording as to make it more clear. But the mechanics of surge protection is the same no matter the shape of the unit.

Make it "more clear?" Perhaps they could go so far as to just make it clear! When separated by a comma the phrase in parentheses can serve to clarify only the word in front of it. in this case it is the cord, which is coupled with the adjective extension.

I travel with a Belkin three-outlet, two-USB compact power strip. It has never been confiscated, but if it ever is, I can cite Strunk and White at security!

Make it "more clear?" Perhaps they could go so far as to just make it clear! When separated by a comma the phrase in parentheses can serve to clarify only the word in front of it. in this case it is the cord, which is coupled with the adjective extension.

I travel with a Belkin three-outlet, two-USB compact power strip. It has never been confiscated, but if it ever is, I can cite Strunk and White at security!

Sorry, but it is not allowed. Please read through this thread and pay special attention to the posts and explanations made by Chengpk75. Also please click the links that are in the thread as well. There is some excellent information in there. Thank you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2347868

Edited by firemanbobswife

I think I might pick up one of these for my next cruise:

31mHj6JbY5L._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017XWL1K0/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1461506979&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=cubietime+alarm+clock&dpPl=1&dpID=31mHj6JbY5L&ref=plSrch

Never mind, it has surge protection, how the heck do you delete a post?

We got one of those .always needed

Just like you I love the cruise tags, I got these:

http://www.amazon.com/Cruisetags-Cruise-Ship-Luggage-Tags/dp/B007UXMQXO

For those looks at the USB hub, I love this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-Multi-Port-Samsung/dp/B00VH8ZW02

I match it up with these 1 foot cables, the entire set up charges all our phones and tablets and takes up almost no room:

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Premium-Android-Samsung-Motorola/dp/B00N8VHW72

Clothes Pins are also PERFECT to put a few on the bottom of the shower curtain to keep it from swaying into you and sticking. The shower gets small sometimes and you can notice it with the sway of the ship! Just use an toss the last morning! 50-100 for a dollar!

Also, I love to take the magnets with the clips on them. You can put them on the wall in the stateroom and hang your damp stuff there. It dries MUCH fast out there than in the bathroom!