bye bye george lopez

shof515

Sounds like a good business decision. Why pay for a name who never performs for you? Good comedy is good comedy and it doesn't matter who lends their name to the marquis IMO. What matters is the talent that actually performs.

Why does Carnival need the Lopez name on the club if he never performs there?

Sounds like a good business decision. Why pay for a name who never performs for you? Good comedy is good comedy and it doesn't matter who lends their name to the marquis IMO. What matters is the talent that actually performs.

Why does Carnival need the Lopez name on the club if he never performs there?

It added legitimacy when it was starting out.

Maybe we can get some good magicians and illusionists now. Some years back we saw a hypnotist that was insane.

I hope not.

The last time I saw a "magic show" on board ship (during our January cruise) it was really, ridiculously lame. Like..worse than a children's birthday party magician. UUUUGh no.

Great comedians can take that swearing /bathroom humor and make it great. Think Louis CK. The comedian on our last cruise was amazing! Mark Hawking was his name and I really enjoyed his adult shows.

I totally agree *coughcoughGeorgeCarlincoughcough*.

You can cuss up a storm just to cuss...or you can cuss as part of an intelligent, thoughtful conversation. More people cuss just to cuss,though.

And Kathy Griffin as the headline name on the comedy club?

giphy.gif

don't care either way. But, would like to hear comedians that don't have to rely on the "f" word in an 18+ show, just to get a laugh.

these types of statements piss me th e f__k off they are called adult comedy shows of you don't want to hear adult language don't go. My dw as my grandmother use to say. Wouldn't say **** if she had a mouthful has yet to find an adult comedy show offensive

Hi all

Since this thread is now just a comment on the comedians, I will throw in my 2cents.

I really appreciate how difficult stand up comedy is.

For this reason I feel that Carnival sometimes has to scrape the bottom of the barrel. I realize that everyone has different taste but it is not an issue of jokes being offensive. Too often they just aren't funny and it doesn't matter how many expletives are inserted, it won't make a bad joke funny.

Not a problem, nobody forced me to go and nobody is making me stay. :) It's a big ship, I just have to find entertainment more to my liking.

everyone have a great cruise

** my turn next week**getting excited here**

these types of statements piss me th e f__k off they are called adult comedy shows of you don't want to hear adult language don't go. My dw as my grandmother use to sayi. Wouldn't say **** if she had a mouthful has yet to find an adult comedy show offensive

You missed the entire point of my post, so your being pissed off means nothing to me.

Hi all

For this reason I feel that Carnival sometimes has to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

I'll let my a few of my friends (who are Carnival comedians) let them know they're the bottom of the barrel, as you put it. I'm sure they'll appreciate knowing that their hard work is considered sup-par.:eek::rolleyes:

The comedians on my last cruise out of Galveston were the highlight of the trip. I normally don't go the comedy shows but we arrived a full hour early to make sure we had a seat on their last night. I'm really looking forward to my next cruise to see what they offer.

Since the Lopez deal was for marketing purposes I don't expect it to make any difference at all.

Cool!:) Lopez is a nasty jerk. I lost my tolerance for him a few years ago and I hated seeing him connected to my cruise vacation experience.

Can't agree more.

I saw Lopez's videos where he spit so much hate and nastiness I despised that Carnival lowered their entertainment standards down so much by association with this jerk.

Never understood why Carnival associated themselves with such a racist and misogynist.

A little bit of irony, considering they dropped him for retweeting an image of El Chapo holding the severed head of another racist and misogynist.

I hope the comedy gets better, it IMO went down hill when the they teamed up with GL. It was much better before. I will also agree with others I would like to see a comedian who does not rely on the F word for their entire show. There is more to adult comedy than the F word, if you are not funny the F word is not going to save your act.

Would like to see some comedians who actually have material to use instead of asking audience members where they are from or what they do and then make fun of them.

I agree. A couple of minutes of that is fine, but we've been to shows where they spent the entire time talking to audience members that were seated up front. Maybe he was having fun, but I don't go to comedy shows to listen to a one-sided conversation (I typically can't hear what the person in the audience is even saying).

We've seen some great comedians on Carnival and hopefully will continue.

As far as Lopez is concerned, I've seen him once on TV. The guy comes across as a hateful racist and is not funny. I'm not talking about making fun of other races in jest - I've seen plenty of that in comedy shows - it's more than that - it's as if he is trying to stir up trouble.

I will miss singing to Low Rider, though.

While I practically live in the comedy club while on board, the uncoupling with GL will not bother me too much. I will miss the intro music that sets up his little video though.. "The low rider drives a little slower" :p