Suite amenities list changes

cheeseclan

The other day i was checking the suite amenities and they said that there was now bottled water delivered daily. They also said that there was luggage valet. I did call the luggage department and they said that it was a mistake since they had no idea what i was talking about.

Now both of these things are off the amenities list. I do not know if they were on there too early, waiting until club class comes out, or if it was never to be on there and someone screwed up.

I had the lists printed out from the other day so i will talk to the CC person on the Regal when we are on there in a couple of weeks. Let you all know what i find out.

Looks like they removed the luggage valet and the bottled water in the .pdf that I just downloaded.

I have an email into Customer Relations asking why they removed the corsage on the first formal night. Paying more than $21K for a cruise and Princess can't afford 2 carnations. :mad:

Also asked how they will implement Club Dining on the Pacific Princess since that ship has only Traditional Dining.

The other day i was checking the suite amenities and they said that there was now bottled water delivered daily. They also said that there was luggage valet. I did call the luggage department and they said that it was a mistake since they had no idea what i was talking about.

Now both of these things are off the amenities list. I do not know if they were on there too early, waiting until club class comes out, or if it was never to be on there and someone screwed up.

I had the lists printed out from the other day so i will talk to the CC person on the Regal when we are on there in a couple of weeks. Let you all know what i find out.

Appreciate you doing that

Wally8: the other day it had the daily water, but as of today it was gone. I just looked again and it is still gone on the princess site under suite amenities. Where are you seeing it?

I would like to print it out.

In the last three PH suites, it was next day laundry for us but others on CC have said that they got same day laundry.

You have the choice. The default is next day, but same day service is offered. You just need to tell your steward and/or mark it for same day on the order form.

We normally use next day, but we have certainly had same day service, though you have to get it in early.

We leave in a week for our cruise on the Regal. I will find out as much as i can about the new suite amenities and the club class minis while on board.

When i return home, i will sit down and post all about it. Now if i can actually remember to do it since i am getting older:p and the memory is going.

As requested, I went back to check again on the suite amenities and the page format and content has changed and the daily water bottle is now gone as is the original page from which I read, Sorry about that,

Wally (Bob fr TX)

Express same-day laundry service used to be a suite perk, but was taken away a few years ago. Now, according to the ever changeable suite perks page it appears to have returned...for now.

We've sailed in suites onboard Royal Caribbean's Allure and Oasis and can tell you Princess has a long way to go to reach the level of service and perks RCI provides its suite guests. They recently increased their suite offerings and we're looking forward to enjoying them on the Anthem in July.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Express same-day laundry service used to be a suite perk, but was taken away a few years ago.

e have always had same day laundry service as a suite benefit and, to the best of my knowledge it was never taken away.

However, unless you ask for same day, it will come back next day.

If you want it back the same day then you must get your steward to take it down early and it will normally be back before dinner.

Sometimes near the end of the cruise our steward has warned us that because of the number of Elites on board, they are no longer getting next day service and same day service might be difficult to achieve for us.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

In the last three PH suites, it was next day laundry for us but others on CC have said that they got same day laundry.

We were in a VS in January on the CB and got same day laundry service. When we got back from dinner it was hanging in the closet.

Edited by DebJ14

We were in a grand suite on the Grand earlier this month. There was no canvas Princess shopping bag like we have had in every suite on several Princess ships. The cabin steward brought us one of the blue ones that were always in the cabins other than full suites. He said Princess is going away with free shopping bags.

Also, there was no computer in the Grand suite like there was on a previous cruise 18 months ago.

We were in a grand suite on the Grand earlier this month. There was no canvas Princess shopping bag like we have had in every suite on several Princess ships. The cabin steward brought us one of the blue ones that were always in the cabins other than full suites. He said Princess is going away with free shopping bags.

Also, there was no computer in the Grand suite like there was on a previous cruise 18 months ago.

Hope the shopping bag is available for purchase in the shop-think it's Calypso Cove. I like buying different printed designs of shopping bags-makes it easier when sorting and tidying, I can sort into categories more easily.

I crochet king-sized rugs, and have 2 identical bags storing the yarn to be crocheted, once I've sorted the balls into the colours I've decided to use. Makes things easier for me.

If I see anyone with a new design, I politely ask where they bought it, they're always delighted to help.

Pardon me for tacking this question on to this thread, but I didn't want to start a new one and since this is a suite amenity-related question, I hope this as good a place as any to ask: For the complimentary embarkation evening specialty restaurant offer, does one have to make a reservation? And, if so, how far in advance should this be done?

Just off the Regal in our first suite with Princess Owners Suite we used or received. We didn't realize we needed to ask for some things each day.

We had the bar emptied and took 2 coffee cards (thanks cc). Never received any water and ice was twice daily same as mini.

Received first night specialty dinner. Booked with no issue once we told them we were in a suite.

Received Rose corsage first formal night. Didn't use as we had diner in our cabin.

Asked for and received diner menus but if we didn't ask we didn't get.

Laundry service used twice and it was 2 days each time and the bag wasn't returned the second time because we only had 2 days left of the cruise which was fine.

Sabatini's for breakfast was used only once not any better than MD for us. Just not as crowded.

Lounge was rarely maned but that was fine she really wasn't any help. When asked a question we got I don't know. She needs practice guess she may be new and it must be boring sitting there 2 hours twice a day calling the dine line for reservations etc. Which if you call anywhere from your suite you get quick service. In the mini's we get the same service but sometimes a little slower. I could get juice all day but the coffee machine wasn't always working when I went. The pastries were hard by 6-7:00 think they get put out uncovered very early. I go to the IC for my first coffee by about 5:00 so not sure when these are put out. Didn't try the little sandwiches I saw there one day because they didn't appeal to me.

Getting on and off the ship was the same as always nothing special. On NCL you are walked to security from the line when your ready to leave (within reason by 11 I think last time).

In short loved the cabin space mainly tub & shower set up. Still the same scratchy towels & bedding as mini last fall. Balcony was great as it was an aft corner and we had wonderful weather so it was used. Glad we took the offer and gave this a try but don't think we would ever spend the extra on this upgrade. We like the full sofa and have plenty of space in our mini choices.

As with everything my thoughts are simply that my thoughts above is the items we received on our last trip. Having only done NCL suites in the past didn't really use everything I think. Which would be my own fault as the perk list is everywhere. Back to a mini in April.

Late Bloomer - We are on the June 3 Regal embarkation. Off topic but could you please advise me which were the formal nights? We are trying to plan our evenings.

Also, if you have any princess patters to post in a new thread that would be great. If its easier you can email me at decamp303atgmaildotcom.

Again, sorry about off topic.

latebloomer56; thanks for your review of your suite. I have not been on Princess; but have booked family suite to Alaska. Your comments pretty much match those who have stayed in Princess suites; regardless of ship. It does sound like Royal Caribbean and NCL (have stayed in suites on these lines); do a better job taking care of the suite guests; having more perks for the money you spend. Again, thanks

One other thing changed too. Complimentary Thermal Suite was a perk on all ships except Royal or Regal. Now they list that you do get a complimentary pass to the Enclave as a perk on those 2 ships.

I printed out an amenities list on 5/4/16 and the bottled water and luggage valet were there then. It's not right to publish something and then delete it shortly after - poor customer service! :cool:

One other thing changed too. Complimentary Thermal Suite was a perk on all ships except Royal or Regal. Now they list that you do get a complimentary pass to the Enclave as a perk on those 2 ships.

I printed out an amenities list on 5/4/16 and the bottled water and luggage valet were there then. It's not right to publish something and then delete it shortly after - poor customer service! :cool:

Go-Bucks,

I noticed that, as well. However, I am thinking that is a typo, too. I've done the Enclave three times on the Royal/Regal and it is capacity controlled. If they did open it to suites, then they wouldn't be able to sell many other passes. Plus, it doesn't say The Enclave, as it is called on those ships. I am thinking that it is supposed to say that it is 'excluded on' the Royal and Regal, like it said before. Otherwise, why say it at all?

We will see, but I won't be surprised.

Safe Journeys. Paul