Interesting promotion for Europe 2017

DaveOKC

I just searched ...the 6/4/17 Koningsdam 7 day Norse Legends sailing is included....if you have the offer. I searched the sailings we would be interested in but the costs are about $1500/pp more than without. We'll pass.

that is extremely interesting... his exact words were : The June 4, 2017 7-day Norse Legends is not part of this promotion.

but at $1500 more PP, it is not worth it.

Just booked the Aug 6,2017 Konnigsdam with the promo. We did not have enough frequent flyer miles so would have to buy air anyway. With the OBC from the travel agency we still will have a few hundred dollars more using the promo than without it and that is figuring the beverage card value at less than half the amount they quote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We are considering a 2017 European cruise but could use the following help. We are crushing on HAL this August and believe that there are incentive/ deals to book a future cruise while on board- does anyone know the deals offered on board, will it be better than, word than or the same as the new brochure promotion.

Here's a problem I'm running into:

Looking at the Zuiderdam July 30, 2017 cruise shows $5,499 online for a Neptune guarantee. The printed brochure shows $5,699. But when I login to perform a dummy booking the price jumps to $6,699.

Jdg

Looking at the Zuiderdam July 30, 2017 cruise shows $5,499 online for a Neptune guarantee. The printed brochure shows $5,699. But when I login to perform a dummy booking the price jumps to $6,699.

Jdg

Try online booking without using your Mariner ID. I bet you will see one of the lower numbers. What this then means is that the $6,699 price is for your cabin WITH the promotional package.

Try online booking without using your Mariner ID. I bet you will see one of the lower numbers. What this then means is that the $6,699 price is for your cabin WITH the promotional package.

The issue is that the printed offer brochure is showing $5,699 -- which is $200 higher than the non-promotion price of 5,499. I believe the offer printed brochure's price includes the promotion, does it not?

jdg

I looked it up in my brochure. What its says is $5,699 for SUITES. The way HAL lists things, this means the lowest level suite, which would be a Signature Suite (not a Neptune) on the Zuiderdam.

Does this make sense?

I looked it up in my brochure. What its says is $5,699 for SUITES. The way HAL lists things, this means the lowest level suite, which would be a Signature Suite (not a Neptune) on the Zuiderdam.

Does this make sense?

Yep: that was the disconnect. Thanks.

Jdg

Looked like a good deal except the price went up $1600 for an anticipated benefit of $1100 since we would not use the airfare. Guess I'll wait a little while and see if anything else comes along.

My feeling as well. Not worth having to rely on the airfare, which is too early to book. Plus, I figure we will see some other promotions in the future on Europe for 2017.

My feeling as well. Not worth having to rely on the airfare, which is too early to book. Plus, I figure we will see some other promotions in the future on Europe for 2017.

Since I did not rate the promo, and it appears from the roll call that we are interested in the same sailing, it is nice to know that I am not particularly missing out on a good deal. Thanks.

I got the brochure in the mail early this week. As I was already booked on a Baltics cruise on Norwegian Getaway for September 2017, I thought I would look to see if HAL had a good substitute. (I would prefer to sail in Europe on a ship that looks like it belongs in Europe rather than on one that was clearly designed to sail in the Caribbean.) I found the perfect itinerary and called my PCC to book. $2,199 per person for an interior on the website, buy my PCC tells me that to get the promotion, it would be $3,299. Obviously, I didn't book the promotion, but I did book the cruise on Zuiderdam. Well played, HAL, well played.

BTW, my PCC tells me to pay attention in July, as she is anticipating a new, desirable promotion at that time.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

Please someone...Anyone...Post the Promo Code

Brochure says: Promo(s) PC/RH/PU. But it also says Mariner ID must be presented at time of booking, so it may be limited to certain people who got the brochure.

Just booked the Aug 6,2017 Konnigsdam with the promo. We did not have enough frequent flyer miles so would have to buy air anyway. With the OBC from the travel agency we still will have a few hundred dollars more using the promo than without it and that is figuring the beverage card value at less than half the amount they quote.

QUOTE]

Hi madera,

I have a temp hold with Holland on the 21 day Northern Isles and Viking Saga- Aug 6,2017 Konigsdam. I am looking at a VA or VC room. The air won't be available until Oct. I'm wondering about the Holland air, too.We already have a deposit from 2012 for a future cruise.

Are you doing the 14 or 21 day? Did you get a better deal with a TA than the Holland price? I'm trying to figure out if the promo is worth it. The regular beverage package is $45 a day not the $50 as per the promo. The last time we were on a DAM ship, we could carry on board all the wine we wanted. Now its 1 bottle pp Thanks:)

QUOTE]

Hi madera,

I have a temp hold with Holland on the 21 day Northern Isles and Viking Saga- Aug 6,2017 Konigsdam. I am looking at a VA or VC room. The air won't be available until Oct. I'm wondering about the Holland air, too.We already have a deposit from 2012 for a future cruise.

Are you doing the 14 or 21 day? Did you get a better deal with a TA than the Holland price? I'm trying to figure out if the promo is worth it. The regular beverage package is $45 a day not the $50 as per the promo. The last time we were on a DAM ship, we could carry on board all the wine we wanted. Now its 1 bottle pp Thanks:)

Hi... We are doing only the 14 night cruise.. We too had a future cruise deposit and used it to book. We used our miles for trips this year so was interested in the air. Our big box TA told me we could go online or thru them after 9/24/16 to book air. We also received additional OBC from the big box TA in addition to HAL. Since we paid a higher pp price due to promo our TA increased their OBC another $250. I did calculations on price with and without promos and it was worth taking the promo for us.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by madera1

Please someone...Anyone...Post the Promo Code

This is the Promo code Campaign ID: HEP1620EU BUT it will do you no good if your Mariner number has not been attached to the promotion. NOT everyone qualifies for this promo unless you received the email and or flyer in the mail. Even having the code will not get you the offer. If it makes you feel better I think very few people are benefiting from it especially if you are booked already the additional cost far out weighs the additional benefits in what I have seen.

Bruce mentioned July...YES Explore4 will be returning unknown yet if the name will stay the same but it will be what has been offered in late summer into the fall for the last few years :)

Edited by LAFFNVEGAS

This is the Promo code Campaign ID: HEP1620EU BUT it will do you no good if your Mariner number has not been attached to the promotion. NOT everyone qualifies for this promo unless you received the email and or flyer in the mail. Even having the code will not get you the offer. If it makes you feel better I think very few people are benefiting from it especially if you are booked already the additional cost far out weighs the additional benefits in what I have seen.

Bruce mentioned July...YES Explore4 will be returning unknown yet if the name will stay the same but it will be what has been offered in late summer into the fall for the last few years :)

Thanks for the "heads up" on both of these promotions.

The bad thing about the VIP Early Booking one is that we are not able to book airfare this far out, so it makes it tough to book the cruise - HAL really did not think this one through IMO (all too common lately - remember the Shore Excursion promotion last year?).

Dave

Thanks for the "heads up" on both of these promotions.

The bad thing about the VIP Early Booking one is that we are not able to book airfare this far out, so it makes it tough to book the cruise - HAL really did not think this one through IMO (all too common lately - remember the Shore Excursion promotion last year?).

Dave

And HAL sometimes forgets that boards like Cruise Critic exist. A 'super double secret' private offer won't stay private long. :( . A fill-in for my regular PCC was 'surprised' I knew about the promotion since my Mariner number was not linked. I detected a slight sigh when I mentioned I read about it on Cruise Critic.

Dennis