Interesting promotion for Europe 2017

DaveOKC

Can anyone tell me if any of the Prinsendam cruises in July and August of 2017 qualify for this promotion?

The brochure says ALL Europe cruises.. Thus, they are not necessarily found in the promo mailer is how I understand the promo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We too received the brochure today. It shows Prnsendam 20 day Iceland, Greenland Scotland Explorer round trip from Amsterdam leaving on Aug. 18 2017. Inside cabin from $6499pp and Suites from $11499pp. I hope you can go! :)

Are you aware that the current price for the 2016 cruise leaving 3 August is $4799 for inside cabin and $7999pp for suites? I don't see anything to get excited about.

I was initially excited by the perks but disappointed by the rates in the brochure. Not convinced it is real early booking benefit but time will tell what pricing they can sustain in 2017.

As a Canadion, anything you charge US on board to credit card costs exchange plus 2 1/2%. So do a careful comparison. It may be a good deal.

Just talked to my PCC. The Europe cruise I am looking at for 2017 is the same price with or without the package described in my first post.

I also compared the fare to the 2016 sailing (same ship and category) and the 2017 price was just a bit higher.

Just FYI.

When we get these offers we do the math. The place our own dollar value on included items. Once in a while a good one comes along.

Then we compare to see how competitive the offer is with other cruise lines.

There is one cruise line that consistently sends us offers that include free air. We no longer bother looking at them any more. The first five or six times we checked it was simply a 'bundled' offer with limited savings.

Are you aware that the current price for the 2016 cruise leaving 3 August is $4799 for inside cabin and $7999pp for suites? I don't see anything to get excited about.

This is typical: the pricing often decreases as you get closer to the sail date. You have to weigh paying now a price that may be significantly higher plus the promo benefits than what you will see next year.

A tough choice for some, a great promo for of HAL's bottom lime.

Such is business.

Someone mentioned that this VIP Early booking promotion was good on the transatlantics, so I checked one out. 13 days Rome to Fort Lauderdale in Oct., 2017.

I got a price for the Signature Suite using my HAL ID and it was $3699. Thought this was high, so I logged out and tried it without my ID, now $2299!!! $1400 pp difference on a package that is worth about $1600 pp to me as I calculated it. A bit of a savings, but not enough IMO to have to use their flights, especially since I cannot book them until late 2016.

Checked a second one - 14 day Baltic in Sept, 2017. Vista suite on the Koningsdam. $5599 with promotion, $4199 without. Cost $1400 pp to get about $1800 in perks to me.

Sure seems that everyone has to do their homework on this deal.

Edited by DaveOKC

As a Canadion, anything you charge US on board to credit card costs exchange plus 2 1/2%. So do a careful comparison. It may be a good deal.

Exchange rate, yes, but there are several Canadian credit cards that do not charge a transaction fee.

This is typical: the pricing often decreases as you get closer to the sail date. You have to weigh paying now a price that may be significantly higher plus the promo benefits than what you will see next year.

A tough choice for some, a great promo for of HAL's bottom lime.

Such is business.

One benefit of booking early is that you have better options on the specific cabins you may want.

One benefit of booking early is that you have better options on the specific cabins you may want.

That is true!

I prefer the monetary options over cabin location options, though.

As a non-fussy pax, I adore guarantees, but I thoroughly understand this is an important consideration of some.

Can anyone tell me what the price of a vista suite for the 20 day Prinsendam Scotland, Iceland, Greenland on 8/17 is?

You mean different from the listing at the HAL website? You need to call in with the Promo code to get the prices under the pormo.

Can anyone tell me what the price of a vista suite for the 20 day Prinsendam Scotland, Iceland, Greenland on 8/17 is?

$7999 is the posted price for the least expensive one. When I put in my Mariner number it jumps to $9499 (since you get the package mentioned in post #1). For $3000 more (for 2), the package is a better deal IMO for a 20 day cruise, but you need to review it for yourself.

I checked with my PCC if the 6/4/17 Norse Legends on the Koningsdam was eligible for the package promo and he said it was not. I did not get the code and just asked for it so I am not sure if that is why I got the answer I did.

I checked with my PCC if the 6/4/17 Norse Legends on the Koningsdam was eligible for the package promo and he said it was not. I did not get the code and just asked for it so I am not sure if that is why I got the answer I did.

I just searched ...the 6/4/17 Koningsdam 7 day Norse Legends sailing is included....if you have the offer. I searched the sailings we would be interested in but the costs are about $1500/pp more than without. We'll pass.