Interesting promotion for Europe 2017

DaveOKC

I just received a "VIP Early Booking Bonus offer" from HAL. Good ONLY for 2017 European cruises and must book by June 30, 2016.

It seems to be very "loaded" with perks, including:

1. Free Signature Beverage Package

2. Free gratuities (hotel service charge)

3. $1600 air credit (for 2 people)

4. Up to $400 in On Board Credit (for 2 people) - amounts varies by cabin category

5. Suite guests also receive 100 free Internet minutes plus a Dine-a-round package.

I think this is the best package of perks I have seen from HAL.

We got this promo on Saturday and had already been looking at a particular cruise. Plan to phone our big box travel this week and book a cruise on the new ship for August 2017! We have never used Hal's air but with this promo may try it. For those who have used the air, can we elect to fly in a couple of days early?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just received a "VIP Early Booking Bonus offer" from HAL. Good ONLY for 2017 European cruises and must book by June 30, 2016.

4. Up to $400 in On Board Credit (for 2 people) - amounts varies by cabin category

5. Suite guests also receive 100 free Internet minutes plus a Dine-a-round package.

Be very careful when booking a cruise using this promotion. In order to receive those "loaded" perks, you will pay a substantial premium in cruise fare. Each case is unique, but this "loaded" deal really isn't that spectacular. It's a case of buyer beware. Check prices on the website before making a cruise reservation.

I directly compared the 14 Day Voyage to the Midnight Sun for the Early Booking Bonus vs the regular fare. The early booking bonus costs $1200 more than the regular Verandah fare. For that extra $1200 you get $200 OBC, $800 in airfare allowance if you use HAL air about $170 in gratuities and the beverage package worth $700 if you would spend that much on drinks that cost less than $8 each.

It saves maybe $700 if you use the HAL air and find the beverage package appealing.

For me it would be about the same cost with the bonus package or without.

We got this promo on Saturday and had already been looking at a particular cruise. Plan to phone our big box travel this week and book a cruise on the new ship for August 2017! We have never used Hal's air but with this promo may try it. For those who have used the air, can we elect to fly in a couple of days early?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, we have used HAL's air several times and flew in a couple of days ahead of time. We found that HAL's air was the least expensive way to:) book the air, especially on cruises when you embark at one port in Europe and debark in another port.

I was initially excited by the perks but disappointed by the rates in the brochure. Not convinced it is real early booking benefit but time will tell what pricing they can sustain in 2017.

In order to receive those "loaded" perks, you will pay a substantial premium in cruise fare. ... It's a case of buyer beware.

As is any purchase, even plastic cups at the dollar store.

If HAL didn't have a different price when including all these things they would literally be giving away the farm and would have no ability to stay in business.

As another user said it's good to assume the value of all the different pieces. If the price goes up $1200 and you get $800 off air, $170 in gratuities and $200 onboard credits you pretty much break even (close to it).

The biggest deciding factors on "is it worth it" would seem to be:

1. Do you purchase items where the beverage package would benefit you

2. Do you have enough air miles to make your flight free? (if so, buying air with a discount would be rather dumb :) )

But back to the original point... caveat emptor applies whether you're buying a house, manicure or holiday wrapping paper. If someone does not purchase invoilved international vacations with both eyes open it may be best they seek out an 'adult' and have them walk them through the process ;)

Is there a promo code for this? Not seeing it on the HAL website. Thanks.

Is there a promo code for this? Not seeing it on the HAL website. Thanks.

It's a "Campaign promotion" that attaches to some Mariner numbers based on what they have stated future travel interests are.

Not sure if you can call and ask for it if it's not associated with your number. I know they will usually extend it if you have friends/family that have it available to them though

I directly compared the 14 Day Voyage to the Midnight Sun for the Early Booking Bonus vs the regular fare. The early booking bonus costs $1200 more than the regular Verandah fare. For that extra $1200 you get $200 OBC, $800 in airfare allowance if you use HAL air about $170 in gratuities and the beverage package worth $700 if you would spend that much on drinks that cost less than $8 each.

It saves maybe $700 if you use the HAL air and find the beverage package appealing.

For me it would be about the same cost with the bonus package or without.

Thanks for doing the pricing comparison. As usual, very interesting to see the "deal".

I was initially excited by the perks but disappointed by the rates in the brochure. Not convinced it is real early booking benefit but time will tell what pricing they can sustain in 2017.

I admit that they do seem a bit high to me, but really not much more than the same 2016 cruises. Remember, you can always book the cruise and if a better price comes along later, rebook at the lower price (before final payment date of course). I did this on my Dec. cruise about 8 months ago and now the price has DOUBLED since I booked!

If you see a deal that you are comfortable with, book it and then keep watching. Make your final decision closer to the final payment date.

I received a promotional brochure and it was all over it. Many Europe cruises listed.

I posted this since I did not see it on the website either. I would call and ask for it.

Guess I should have checked the mail first :( - we also got the brochure today. I think the offer looks very good. If only my crystal ball was in better working condition to know what Oct 2017 will bring....

Be very careful when booking a cruise using this promotion. In order to receive those "loaded" perks, you will pay a substantial premium in cruise fare. Each case is unique, but this "loaded" deal really isn't that spectacular. It's a case of buyer beware. Check prices on the website before making a cruise reservation.

Not in our case. We got the promo today. For a suite on the 24 day Med, the price increase is a total of $200pp.

We are biting the hook for this "trick" promo.

Not in our case. We got the promo today. For a suite on the 24 day Med, the price increase is a total of $200pp.

We are biting the hook for this "trick" promo.

I'm guessing you will be asking to be re-fared? For $200 difference there are a lot of perks to be enjoyed.

I have contacted our TA. At first I thought the price was high for the cruise I was looking at but that was for a date in April. The October cruise is $1000 less pp for a Signature suite. I would much rather go to Europe at that time.

I'm guessing you will be asking to be re-fared? For $200 difference there are a lot of perks to be enjoyed.

I have contacted our TA. At first I thought the price was high for the cruise I was looking at but that was for a date in April. The October cruise is $1000 less pp for a Signature suite. I would much rather go to Europe at that time.

On the phone with the agent right now....

After spending quite a bit of time on the phone with our TA, who was on the phone with HAL, I have to say I agree with GlennG. After it was all over, we figure we might have saved 20% (probably less) against buying all the items separately. It may vary some on what cruise you book and what level cabin you get, and what airfare HAL can arrange. But it is not a great deal, that we can see. We passed.

You know, for the people in this thread, it ain't their first rodeo. Not comparing prices - heck, not knowing the approx. cost of any particular itinerary - is more of a newbie problem.

Can anyone tell me if any of the Prinsendam cruises in July and August of 2017 qualify for this promotion?

We too received the brochure today. It shows Prnsendam 20 day Iceland, Greenland Scotland Explorer round trip from Amsterdam leaving on Aug. 18 2017. Inside cabin from $6499pp and Suites from $11499pp. I hope you can go! :)