Mouthwash for sale?

winowino

It's hard to pack enough items like mouthwash for a 7-day cruise. Does the Island Princess have such items for sale?

Really? I can see it being difficult to pack enough for 30 days, but 7? If you say so.

Yes, you can purchase all sorts of toiletries on board but the prices are outrageous. You could probably pay the luggage fees on an extra suitcase and buy them at home. Alternatively, consider a stop at a store before going to the ship if that is a possibility based on your transportation.

We always purchase it on the ship I just don't like to pack it just in case it may open.

Tony

I pack toiletries in plastic bottles in a ziplock bag and then a second ziplock bag, each sealed. I've never had a problem with anything leaking into the first bag, but the second one is there as a "just in case. These are all together in one big bag, not one bag per item.

my uncle jack makes a pretty good mouth wash. You might know him, his last name in daniels. He makes it available at many cruise ship establishments.

49 days...

lol.

My Uncle Jack makes a pretty good mouth wash. You might know him, his last name in Daniels. He makes it available at many cruise ship establishments.

49 days...

Yes we do know him,we also know his cousin,Jim last name Beam.But of course we use the bundy families mixture,from over the range,middle name Rum.:eek:

It's hard to pack enough items like mouthwash for a 7-day cruise. Does the Island Princess have such items for sale?

My local supermarket has a Travel Section in the Health & Beauty Aisle, with Travel-sized Haircare, Toiletries, and Dental Care Sets with loose items to be purchased individually. Even have hand sanitizer-but the price is better at another shop for me, will double-check tomorrow and compare the 2 prices. HTH.

We typically shop locally before the cruise for the "liquids" (shampoo, mouthwash, wine :D ). Even those standard-sized versions are often cheaper than the small items on-board but if you don't have time, the ship should have something in their shops.

I had to laugh, after sailing 25+ years, I have downsized to packing next to nothing in toiletries. Back when, you had to carry pretty much all your daily needs, but now, having fine tuned my packing, either its available on board, either complementary or in the shop, or stop on your way to the ship or pick it up in your first port of call. I used to pack as if I was going to the outback of siberia, but learned we are actually in civilization LOL.

You can purchase this on board or purchase a travel size item at home.

Keith

Ruby last week did NOT have mouthwash. Our travel mates were looking for it. Possibly sold out. But there was no spot for it.

I second packing in double Ziplocs and putting in luggage. With strict TSA rules I put any liquids that are not medically necessary in my luggage and don't mess around at the airport with pulling bottles out of carry on. Have not had any leaks yet through the double Baggie system. I did have one mess prior to double bagging.