Harmony wont take our 5 year old in Junior Suite

Hi All,

My wife and I along with her parents have a booking on Harmony in Mid August. We have a Junior suite and they have a Balcony Double. Due to circumstances, We have decided to take our 5 year old son and rang today and were told no triple occupancy was available in either rooms and that we would have to book a single occupancy cabin!! We booked direct with RCCL Spain but now, they are suddenly developing a customer care problem.

The cruise is not sold out but this seems extortionate. Anybody any ideas how to proceed??

Help!

Sounds like muster stations for your location must be at capacity. Any other locations available> That is not something they can/will budge on. Keep checking, maybe somebody will cancel...

Good luck.

Not all JS have occupancy for more than 2 people as not all have sofa bed / pullman bed

They may also be unable to accomodate you if there is too many people booked in a certain part of the ship which would therefore break lifeboat regulations

Hi All,

My wife and I along with her parents have a booking on Harmony in Mid August. We have a Junior suite and they have a Balcony Double. Due to circumstances, We have decided to take our 5 year old son and rang today and were told no triple occupancy was available in either rooms and that we would have to book a single occupancy cabin!! We booked direct with RCCL Spain but now, they are suddenly developing a customer care problem.

The cruise is not sold out but this seems extortionate. Anybody any ideas how to proceed??

Help!

Since the cruise is not sold out, what about switching to a family balcony cabin or a cabin with a bunk? Certainly they should be able to switch you. I definitely wouldn't book a separate cabin as a solo for your 5 year old. There are several cabins that accommodate a third or even fourth person easily.

Can you cancel? rebook or maybe even ask to transfer to another date? I am not familiar with the booking conditions for RCI in spain

the 3/4 berths are limited even on the huge ships, and especially harmony

I know because we tried to get one for Allure last year to no avail!.

We have recently taken to booking late to get the bargains, but that nearly always means booking 2 cabins for 2!, no good I know when you have an odd No. to book.

Good luck

Hi All,

Help!

You can look at the deck plans on Royal's website to see if your cabin has a sofabed. If not, you are SOL. It is not the cruiseline's fault if this is the situation.

If you don't know how to do that, post your cabin number and one of us will do it for you. :)

Rather than suggesting that you book an additional cabin, I'm surprised that they didn't discuss what three-person cabins were available. Have you looked at that option? I agree with others that there's no sense in trying to convince them to change their minds on cabin occupancy issues.

You can look at the deck plans on Royal's website to see if your cabin has a sofabed. If not, you are SOL. It is not the cruiseline's fault if this is the situation.

If you don't know how to do that, post your cabin number and one of us will do it for you. :)

Even if it has a sofa bed, if other cabins in the lifeboat station filled such that the lifeboat is to capacity, they will not be able to put the extra person in. They know that not all cabins will sail at their max capacity, so they don't have a "bed for seat" match to 100%.

If you are on the aug 14th sailing there are almost no cabins left and none that sleep more than 2. Not much you or they can do at this point.

Exactly, there´s no triple occupancy in any category left for the Aug 14th cruise on the Harmony.

You can easily try it yourself on the RCI website to book a triple occupancy cabin. You may want to check whether there is something available for the departures from Civitavecchia (Aug 11th/18th) - but I assume you have your flights booked already.

steamboats

Even if it has a sofa bed, if other cabins in the lifeboat station filled such that the lifeboat is to capacity, they will not be able to put the extra person in. They know that not all cabins will sail at their max capacity, so they don't have a "bed for seat" match to 100%.

One step at a time. First, let's check the easiest answer.

One step at a time. First, let's check the easiest answer.

Exactly. Better to make sure the first answer was correct and then move on from there. Not all CSR's are created equal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'd suggest avoiding getting a third cabin, because they'll hit you with the single supplement. Family balcony looks like it should work for you.

I'd also suggest calling again, and trying a different person, or getting a TA to do it.

I guess it's after final payment, so you cancel and re-book another ship or line. With so many people involved, it's probably not an option. I'd get on Royal Caribbean.com, and do a sample booking to see what rooms pop up then call about switching these. But you may have some price changes.

Edited by knittinggirl

I guess it's after final payment ... I'd get on Royal Caribbean.com, and do a sample booking to see what rooms pop up then call about switching these.

The OP is obviously talking about the Aug 14th cruise of the Harmony. There is no cabin with triple occupation avaible in any category.

As the OP booked with RCI Barcelona the final payment shouldn´t be due yet (in Europe we have 30 days).

steamboats