Harmony still a "construction site"

We were on the 3 Nighter just to see if we liked the Oasis Class and was quickly convinced that the Radiance Class is our preferred Vessel

STILL

It was disappointing that only one of the three highly publicized Water Slides were open and didn't look like they were going to work anytime soon

Annoying that we couldn't see the Aqua Theatre in operation

Unacceptable that Toilets were open without running water

We were also turned away from the Windjammer as "Full" which is not good enough

and because I paid full price I would expect some FCC or OBC

What however I found more disturbing is the lack of sanitizing "gestapo" Previous cruises these crew members were everywhere ensuring that those hands were sanitized before entering any eating Establishment and boarding the ship. Surely this is just inviting Noro onto the ship

As a positive Grease was fantastic WEST END QUALITY

I really liked the Balcony Rooms with larger showers

Looking forward to a trouble free cruise on the Brilliance soon

I'm still onboard and the change on 29th once most of the contractors got off was amazing. All those who joined for the maiden cruise can't believe it's same ship as was described in the press.

It simply was they were working to a 29th May deadline and Royal gambled with adding in the 3/4nt preview cruises. (I knew they were preview as I'd booked the maiden trip many months before these extra were added).

If you got back onboard now you'd see it like just any other ship.

For those who sadly missed the Aquatheatre show I've posted some clips on my Twitter feed from last nights standing ovation premiere.

Edited by Single Cruiser

Thanks for the update Single Cruiser and glad to hear things are better now.

Just proves Royal were chasing a quick buck with complete disregard for the customer.

We shouldn't be surprised though, ive just been reading on another thread a post by Bobal who has just booked air travel for an early May17 cruise, only to find Royal are now selling cruises on the ship (Legend) with different dates to their booking! More disregard for us, the customers.

I am pleased for all those sailing on her now and in the future

but that really infuriates me that the two previous ones were sold as they were full price

I've heard this quite a few times. When you say full price what was it compared against? Only my 3nt and 4nt combined came to about 2/3rds of the cost of my current 7nt maiden cruise

It was about a 1/3 more than my 3nt and 4nt combined but then I booked it on day 1 release several months before the two preview cruises were announced

Yes so its hard to compare really

It will be interesting to see what line RC take with the complaints as I am sure there will be a few (Whispers on departure were that there were over 2000 from the first 4 days alone therefore 1/3 of the guests)

That's why I wouldn't comment on compensation. Not much in details.

Agreed. And the pictures included in the article didn't really look all that bad. One was a guy on a ladder looking at a light fixture. That could easily be seen on any cruise at any time. The "hole in the floor" looked like a drain that was supposed to be there, but perhaps didn't have the covering over it at the time the picture was taken. The only one that looked pretty bad to me was the one that looked like pieces of wood forming a crude walkway across an unfinished bit of floor. But it's hard to tell exactly where that is. I don't think it's an area guests are meant to walk through.

So, the "construction site" photos didn't seem all that bad. The claim that "Ninety percent of the kids attractions that it was marketed for have been shut for the whole cruise and are still being worked on" sounds like more of an issue, but as you say, there was no real detail of what was shut down.

The "hole in the floor" looked like a drain that was supposed to be there, but perhaps didn't have the covering over it at the time the picture was taken.

I can only comment on this one, but that was actually in both of the table tennis "pods" and remained like that for the duration of the cruise. When you have people running around, you could easily put your foot down it and trip.

You're welcome. :) Do post back on this thread to let us know how Royal responds to your complaints.

For Info.

From the desk of

Michael Bayley

President and CEO of Royal Caribbean International

Dear Martyn Hill

Thank you for being a part of the Southampton pre-inaugural sailing on Harmony of the Seas. We hope you gained a sense for why we are excited about our newest member of the fleet with her many incredible features introduced for the first time at sea.

On a ship of such scale and complexity, we were hopeful all work would be complete in time for your cruise and recognize there were simply too many projects still being completed during the voyage. Please accept our sincere apologies.

We'd like to have the opportunity to welcome you again, and to offer you our hospitality at the highest standard. We are offering each guest who sailed with us on the May 22, 2016 Harmony of the Seas cruise a Future Cruise Certificate for 50% of the cruise fare paid for that sailing. This certificate may be used for a future cruise on any Royal Caribbean ship within the next 18 months. Within the next two weeks, Future Cruise Certificates will be e-mailed or mailed to your address on file, or travel agent if you booked through them.

We are eager to have the opportunity to welcome you back onboard in the future, when we can deliver the experience at the high standards Royal Caribbean has become known for and that we expect of ourselves.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean.

Sincerely,

Michael Bayley

Michael Bayley

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International

Royal Caribbean

For Info.

From the desk of

Michael Bayley

Dear Martyn Hill

Thank you for being a part of the Southampton pre-inaugural sailing on Harmony of the Seas. We hope you gained a sense for why we are excited about our newest member of the fleet with her many incredible features introduced for the first time at sea.

On a ship of such scale and complexity, we were hopeful all work would be complete in time for your cruise and recognize there were simply too many projects still being completed during the voyage. Please accept our sincere apologies.

We'd like to have the opportunity to welcome you again, and to offer you our hospitality at the highest standard. We are offering each guest who sailed with us on the May 22, 2016 Harmony of the Seas cruise a Future Cruise Certificate for 50% of the cruise fare paid for that sailing. This certificate may be used for a future cruise on any Royal Caribbean ship within the next 18 months. Within the next two weeks, Future Cruise Certificates will be e-mailed or mailed to your address on file, or travel agent if you booked through them.

We are eager to have the opportunity to welcome you back onboard in the future, when we can deliver the experience at the high standards Royal Caribbean has become known for and that we expect of ourselves.

Sincerely,

Michael Bayley

Michael Bayley

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean

Just got the same email, which is much more than the 15% offered as we departed.

For Info.

From the desk of

Michael Bayley

Dear XXXXXX,

Sincerely,

Michael Bayley

Michael Bayley

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean

Extremely acceptable, IMO.