Harmony still a "construction site"

This is well beyond normal first cruise bugs; the ship simply is not ready for prime time. These cruises were sold as regular cruises and guests have a reasonable expectation for things to be ready.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-36389384

Just reinforces my viewpoint of

-No new ships for 6 months

-No ships out of drydock for 1 month

-No ships going to dry dock in 2 to 4 weeks.

Apply to all cruise lines

What do you think? I have heard of no compensation, but in this instance I feel some is due.

Sure hate to hear this. We sailed the 2nd sailing on Liberty out of dry dock w/ no issues but for Tidal Wave. It was a nice cruise. We're on the last cruise for Adventure before dry dock so I'll let you know how it goes.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

The Daily Mail report is very exaggerated, yes it is possible to take photos of some cables that are being used for maintainance, and sure I could find some areas that need minor attention. But the ship is amazing and the unsafe comments are just a joke. Would anyone consider their own homes unsafe when hovering.......NO.

On any ship on any day it would be possible to take the same photos, this is just sensational journalism.

Have just seen those photos in the Daily Mail and would not be too happy either .......

I'm sorry but I don't believe the "Safety glass was missing and children could just fall into the ocean" bit.

Sounds absolute BS

Sorry, hadn't read that one - ha ha ha ha ha - now that did make me laugh.

As if they'd risk anyone falling off the ship :rolleyes:

I agree re the hovering - it is called keeping the ship clean - but I do think those long trailing cables are just waiting for a H&S claim, as any business knows.

Yes but what the photos do not show is the crew members or workmen that are in the area using the equipment, Often in areas that are cordoned off by hazard tape. A zoom lense or cropping can easily change the truth, the old days of cameras never lying have gone.

Sorry, hadn't read that one - ha ha ha ha ha - now that did make me laugh.

As if they'd risk anyone falling off the ship :rolleyes:

I agree re the hovering - it is called keeping the ship clean - but I do think those long trailing cables are just waiting for a H&S claim, as any business knows.

But what is the point of a solarium with no pool:confused: I certainly would not set foot in there with nowhere to cool off. And have rethought my desire to sail her because of what I have seen on YouTube, and what is on those vids is no exaggeration. I saw the condition of the ship myself on Burk's Blog. And the missing glass and all the rest are absolutely true, his camera did not lie.

I was on first cruise of Navi after dry dock, no such major things were evident there. I think their new French shipyard was substandard and just didn't come through on time. Even though a few cosmetic things are to be expected, If I was a paying customer on one of these shakedowns, I would absolutely expect some financial consideration...brand new or not.

Edited by BecciBoo

Since you are posting so much about the harmony you must be on the ship. Why don't you provide all of us with your pics so we can see what a horrible time you are having

ChipLondon's comment that these photos could be duplicated on any ship, any day and labeling this as sensational journalism are patently absurd. I don't need to be on the ship to look at photos and call them unacceptable.

It is the mentality of "It's no big deal" and "Any day on a ship is better than a day at work" that allows companies to charge full fare for crap like this.

I'm sure in a few weeks or a month it will all be done.

Some of the stuff was more or less made up... the Zip Line is closed... hmm, I can see a wet floor... so the Zip Line was closed due to the weather... BTW it was up and running during the cruise.

The Adventure Ocean is closed and the guy in the background says they are opening at 2 pm. Maybe she should have passed by during the opening hours? Sure it´s not that nice that a room (Science Lab) is used for another purpose. But this is part of the Adventure Ocean program and not open all day long. It can be only used with the Youth Councelors.

Yes, I can understand the complaint that you can´t use a lot of stuff which was advertised as being brand new on the ship like the water slides.

But the ship being unsafe is nonsense.

steamboats

ChipLondon's comment that these photos could be duplicated on any ship, any day and labeling this as sensational journalism are patently absurd. I don't need to be on the ship to look at photos and call them unacceptable.

It is the mentality of "It's no big deal" and "Any day on a ship is better than a day at work" that allows companies to charge full fare for crap like this.

Just a thought but maybe your comments would carry more weight if you were actually on the ship.

We were also on the 4 day from Southampton. Yes there are contractors onboard and the aqua theatre wasn't open and there are some issues. As each day went by more items were sorted out and opened.

It is not a building site and looking at the Daily Mail the are just picking holes in everything, some people just want a refund!! These photos look like they were taken early in the morning when guests were not around.

We had a great time and the ship is fantastic. Great bar service,good meals in Chops Grille, Wonderland and 150. Definitely see Grease, Escape the Rubicon and the Abyss.

Go with an open mind and enjoy yourself.

Just a thought but maybe your comments would carry more weight if you were actually on the ship.

Probably. But I'm not. So I have to go with the published photos and form an opinion from them. It's subpar from what Royal Caribbean normally delivers. I am sure in a few weeks or a month things will be up to speed.

I'm sorry but I don't believe the "Safety glass was missing and children could just fall into the ocean" bit.

Sounds absolute BS

I can assure you that there was a glass panel missing near the crazy golf and it had two horizontal and two vertical scaffold poles with some yellow tape covering it. Not Bu** Shi*

Regards

Martyn

Thank you for your uninformed compliment. I maintain that those of us who are actually on the ship and have the ability to see the whole picture, will probably report the facts in a fairer way than those that read sensational headlines.

I never stated that some aspects were acceptable, but I do maintain that the images presented are not 24/7 and are not as bad as edited photos make them out to be.

You only have to see the bizarre thread titles here on CC and the numbers that view such threads to realise how a headline grabs attention.

Online reporting relies on attention grabbing headlines to feature paid advertising, on that basis I prefer to gather the facts. Many statements made about this ship are factually incorrect, but why allow that to get in the way of poor journalist standards.

Edited by ChipLondon

Thank you for your uninformed compliment. I maintain that those of us who are actually on the ship and have the ability to see the whole picture, will probably report the facts in a fairer way than those that read sensational headlines.

I never stated that some aspects were acceptable, but I do maintain that the images presented are not 24/7 and are not as bad as edited photos make them out to be.

You only have to see the bizarre thread titles here on CC and the numbers that view such threads to realise how a headline grabs attention.

Online reporting relies on attention grabbing headlines to feature paid advertising, on that basis I prefer to gather the facts. Many statements made about this ship are factually incorrect, but why allow that to get in the way of poor journalist standards.

I agree.

Too many people looking for compensation. Running to the press with there photos.

Even the Tv reports here in the Uk were polished up to make it look bad.

On Bbc news this morning the missing glass panel was shown. Scaffold poles, yes but no danger to the public.

It would be easier to jump the railings than fall through the gap.

I used the title in the article. Write a letter to their editorial staff if you are inclined. They quoted someone on board. Not sure what other thread titles you are referencing that you find bizarre but willing to hear you out uneeds that was juse a half herated swipe. I usually stick to useful and non vague titles.

First one (4 night) received 15% FCC, according to a post on FB.

We got 25% FCC after the Oasis TA straight after dry dock. I didn't think things were too bad, but a lot of people complained. I spent it on my Ovation cruise earlier this month. She most definitely was completed :)

No doubt some (or many) work still going on, but after watching some pictures from the four and three night cruises, I would say that some passengers may be suffering of "environmental depression": bad weather, low temperatures, everything looks gray and sad. I'm sure once it gets the Mediterranean, the attitude of the passengers will change dramatically.

Edited by Pipo