Harmony still a "construction site"

Can it be used on existing bookings?

We had already booked for the Navigator (through a TA) before the debacle.

I spoke to RC yesterday amending something for our July cruise on Navigator, I asked them would I be able to apply the credit towards it (at the time expecting 15%) even though it was paid in full, they said as long as the credit said any sailing we would be able to apply it and would receive it back to card as cruise was already paid

So I reckon all the cheerleaders for Royal who poo poo-ed the complaints and complainants should now accept they were wrong. No company would contemplate giving 50% of cost back to all on a sailing unless there had been something seriously amiss!

I was on the 3 nighter. I expected a few issues, but for me a working cabin toilet would have been nice - especially as reported twice a day, every day, and I was sharing the cabin with a friend. Aside from that the Aqua Show was abandoned - not sure what the problem was there. .

Have been offered 25% of fare back as Future Cruise Credit - not impressed.

So I reckon all the cheerleaders for Royal who poo poo-ed the complaints and complainants should now accept they were wrong. No company would contemplate giving 50% of cost back to all on a sailing unless there had been something seriously amiss!

Yes, they can turn in their rose-colored glasses now. :)

I didn't see any cheerleaders for Royal poo poo-ing the complaints or complainants. To whom are you referring?

I sincerely hope that among the 13K plus views of this thread some were Royal execs and that in some way the exposure (really, it is just a reposting of a news article that was seen by millions) helped to gain compensation for those on the first two short sailings. Likely a slim shot, but the compensation is a win for those guests on board the two short sailings.

I was on the 3 nighter. I expected a few issues, but for me a working cabin toilet would have been nice - especially as reported twice a day, every day, and I was sharing the cabin with a friend. Aside from that the Aqua Show was abandoned - not sure what the problem was there. .

Have been offered 25% of fare back as Future Cruise Credit - not impressed.

Fair comment.

The FCC only has value if you can use it. They know many passengers will not use them.

Why would you book another cruise with a company that charges passengers to sail on an unfinished ship ??

Sorry and JMO - a cash rebate should have been offered.

Annie

I'll book pre-inaugural cruises going forward. 50% off is a good deal. :cool:

Really??

If I had been seriously inconvenienced on that cruise, RCI would lose all my future cruise business.

One good thing is they have now admitted in writing that the ship was not ready - more ammo for the lawyers.

Annie

Fair comment.

The FCC only has value if you can use it. They know many passengers will not use them.

Why would you book another cruise with a company that charges passengers to sail on an unfinished ship ??

Sorry and JMO - a cash rebate should have been offered.

Annie

Really??

If I had been seriously inconvenienced on that cruise, RCI would lose all my future cruise business.

One good thing is they have now admitted in writing that the ship was not ready - more ammo for the lawyers.

Annie

Were you on either cruise?

Were you on either cruise?

No I wasn't but I know people who were. They state they will not sail RC again and their future cruises are booked with other lines.

All said and done if I was a European, I would invoke consumer regulations. You were sold a product that the vendor knew was not ready.

Cash refund is the appropriate remedy.

Annie

Edited by anniegb

I was on the 3 day voyage. We had no real issues. I feel the 25% future cruise credit is more than fair for the majority of people to make up for the fact that some facilities like the aqua theatre weren't working.

If people had specific issues with their cabins or bathrooms etc then I think they should make a case and be offered a percentage back in cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very few, if any passengers were "seriously inconvenienced", sure there were some ongoing works that effected less than 10% of the ship, so the 50% value is very fair.

I understand what some might say they were sold an unfinished ship, but we paid final payments before the unfinished bits became apparent, so what we were sold was the intention of a finished ship.

Royal have accepted they have not achieved the standard they set for themselves and offered a FFC payment accordingly.

I fail to understand why anyone would not happily use the FCC.

I also ask how many might have changed their mind and cancelled the booked cruise had they been made aware of the small situations in advance, I suspect very few.

We personally were not really effected by any serious situation and have been lucky enough to stay on board for the sailing down to Barcelona, which has been with any incident. As such am grateful to Royal for recognizing the small inconveniences we did notice on the first sailings, Therefore Royal is still my preferred cruise line, and I will be happy to spend my FCC on my already booked Harmony TA.

Really??

Annie

Edited by ChipLondon

Very few, if any passengers were "seriously inconvenienced", sure there were some ongoing works that effected less than 10% of the ship, so the 50% value is very fair.

I understand what some might say they were sold an unfinished ship, but we paid final payments before the unfinished bits became apparent, so what we were sold was the intention of a finished ship.

Royal have accepted they have not achieved the standard they set for themselves and offered a FFC payment accordingly.

I fail to understand why anyone would not happily use the FCC.

I also ask how many might have changed their mind and cancelled the booked cruise had they been made aware of the small situations in advance, I suspect very few.

We personally were not really effected by any serious situation and have been lucky enough to stay on board for the sailing down to Barcelona, which has been with any incident. As such am grateful to Royal for recognizing the small inconveniences we did notice on the first sailings, Therefore Royal is still my preferred cruise line, and I will be happy to spend my FCC on my already booked Harmony TA.

Agree with Chip...

We were on the 4 and the 3 day and we did have some issues...shower stopping a couple of times just after applying a liberal dollop of soap :(, problems with non flushing loo. We were sad to the Aqua theatre which we were really looking forward to as we had never been on Oasis class before. Taking everything into consideration we think for the inconveniences we suffered the 50% & 25% offered is fair and probably generous.

We have sailed RCI for some years now and I have always found them to be fair and considered in their dealings with us, which is why we will remain Loyal to Royal. We have had a few problems over the years which is going to happen after 30 or so cruises / holidays but on each occassion our concerns have been listened to and appropriately dealt with by polite and friendly staff.

In Michael Bayleys' letter, RCI accepted there were failings and have offered fair compensation in our opinion, we are very happy with the outcome.

Well done Royal, a proactive and positive move, IMHO :)

Jean

Edited by Jeannie333333

Quote:

Originally Posted by April_2000

You're welcome. Do post back on this thread to let us know how Royal responds to your complaints.

For Info.

Mkh999

Thanks for the update mkh999. I received a telephone call from Michael Bayley's office last night and after some discussion decided to accept the 50% voucher offer. I did ask if it could be used to cover the cost of a mini cruise of just 2 to 4 nights and was told that yes, there was no minimum priced cruise you had to book, nor minmum number of days you had to sail. I might just book a short break for my son and his partner and use the certificate toward that.

Now happy to draw a line under this matter.

I suppose the other "lesson" from all of this is: do your homework rather than not and then WHINING about your own mistake later.

Lesson is don't book a brand new ship on it's first sailing. But Royal holds the ball of accountability here. They ultimately can decide to cancel if a ship is not ready, and the last few years they are happy to take people's money. Even those that saw no problem will benefit from the compensation which, ultimately, I side with the paying guests and not the corporation so I am happy for them all. So just because it's not a great decision to be first on a ship doesn't mean the issues are the guests fault.

Really??

Annie

If you honestly think a lawyer will win a case in this instance from RCL, your more than delirious!......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...ammo????? Give me a break Edited by Thetrail

No I wasn't but I know people who were. They state they will not sail RC again and their future cruises are booked with other lines.

All said and done if I was a European, I would invoke consumer regulations. You were sold a product that the vendor knew was not ready.

Cash refund is the appropriate remedy.

Annie

Posters should be REQUIRED to state a disclaimer as to whether or not they were on a sailing before they are allowed to boldly state what should or should not be done.

Edited by beachnative