Harmony.... Southampton to Barcelona live blog

Excellent! Hope they have it on MJ next month.:)

I'm wondering if the menus they are using are the ones rumoured to be rolled out fleet wide or if these are just "the best of the best" that they have put together for the first few short sailings.

I guess we will get a good indication once the first 7 day cruise starts.

Hopefully you will have something new for the Majesty.:)

I'm wondering if the menus they are using are the ones rumoured to be rolled out fleet wide or if these are just "the best of the best" that they have put together for the first few short sailings.

I guess we will get a good indication once the first 7 day cruise starts.

Hopefully you will have something new for the Majesty.:)

Someone already reported a different menu sequence that did not start with Mojo, so they seem to be shaking it up a bit.

Are construction crews still working?, or is everything finished, up, and working.

Thanks for taking time away from your vacation to post all your information and pictures.

Why did it take so long to turn her around and head out to the channel to sea? We were watching at Mayflower Park. Boarding Navigator tomorrow!

She has to go up channel to turn in front of the container port where there is enough channel width to do a 180 degree turn, it takes between 30 and 45 minutes to complete.

So far I really like the Harmony menus - many fan favorites seem to be on offer. wondering if those are the "permanent" menus, or just being used for the European seaon until they get her to Florida and can obtain their "standard" provisioning???? I personally hope they stick :)

Can it be long before the traditionalists start a thread complaining about the "new" menus?

wondering if those are the "permanent" menus, or just being used for the European seaon until they get her to Florida and can obtain their "standard" provisioning???? I personally hope they stick :)

It´s not a matter of provisioning. They´ve used the "regular" menus on the Allure last year and actually I´ve been onboard the Splendour on a Med cruise when they implemented them there a couple of years ago. The only difference was no lobster on Med cruises and the Shrimp Gyoza turned into a Chicken Gyoza.

Hmm, I can see only a choice of 6 appetizers/soups/salads compared to 10 on the old ones, 3 classic entrées compared to 5. Number of daily changing entrées stays 6. So actually less choice. The dishes are more or less the same than before. This new menu is easier to get along with while the "old" one was not as clearly laid out than those "new" ones.

steamboats

Thank you for the Live review....any chance you could get a few pics of the Suite Sun Deck? I heard rumors that there is a Jacuzzi up there?

Thanks!

That would be awesome! I hope they put one on the Allure. We loved that place.

Thanks for the PIC's from the Harmony. How is the food and service and is most of the construction finished. We will be on her 14 July from Rome. There were some complaints on the first cruise about unfinished work - haven't heard anything negative on the current cruise - Southampton - Barcelona??? I've always had good experiences on RCI. Hope your having a great time - any comments on the Harmony cruise experience are appreciated.

Thanks for the PIC's from the Harmony. How is the food and service and is most of the construction finished. We will be on her 14 July from Rome. There were some complaints on the first cruise about unfinished work - haven't heard anything negative on the current cruise - Southampton - Barcelona??? I've always had good experiences on RCI. Hope your having a great time - any comments on the Harmony cruise experience are appreciated.

We are on the same cruise as you!! Likewise haven't seen any real negative posts about the current cruise so looks like all major works are completed and bugs worked out. Things should be fine by the time we sail - like you I have always had a good experience with Royal.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Having problems uploading pics to the forum. Great cruise so far. Excellent entertainment.

The grease show is superb! As good as going to the West End!

Has been clear blue skies since we left Southampton, Vigo tomorrow. Supposed to be 26 degrees!

Having problems uploading pics to the forum. Great cruise so far. Excellent entertainment.

The grease show is superb! As good as going to the West End!

Has been clear blue skies since we left Southampton, Vigo tomorrow. Supposed to be 26 degrees!

Thanks for the info.

Not the best web cam, but the best I can find.

It works on rotation, so be patient

http://www.crtvg.es/crtvg/camaras-web/vigo-mobil

Edited by bigeck

Bob, the onion tart is back.

Ahhhhhhh! I noticed that too and you beat me to it! Yay!! :D

To the OP, thank you for posting. The pictures are great. Lovely family.

Edited by jules815