Just off Radiance - address to write to guest relations with complaints?

Just off the Radiance and although we had a great cruise as far as weather, scenery, ports, and service in dining venues, I had several issues while on board the ship. Enough of them that I feel the need to write a letter about the problems I had.

I know I've seen the address on here to either email or write whoever it is that these things are addressed to, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. Does anyone have that info? Thanks in advance. :-)

Will also offer you a couple of phone numbers you may want to call to discuss your complaints with too.

Executive Guest Advocate.....(866) 440-7225

Post cruise customer service.....(800) 256-6649

Best of luck.

Would you be willing to expand on the issues you experienced? We leave in three weeks on the Southbound Alaska cruise on Radiance. I'm sorry it wasn't all you had hoped for.

I agree, going on the Radiance in January and it would be good to know what problems to potentially avoid

Just off the Radiance and although we had a great cruise as far as weather, scenery, ports, and service in dining venues, I had several issues while on board the ship. Enough of them that I feel the need to write a letter about the problems I had.

I know I've seen the address on here to either email or write whoever it is that these things are addressed to, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. Does anyone have that info? Thanks in advance. :-)

Sorry to read there were still problems on the Radiance. I was on the Hawaii to Vancouver sailing before it went into dry dock. I filled out a mid cruise survey onboard pointing out all the good staff we encountered. Then listed the displeasure of the things that did not go well. I received phone calls from staff acknowledging the problems and apologized. I also received a letter at the end of they cruise with an incentive to come back to RCCL in the future (totally a surprise). I read the first Alaska sailing had some bumps too. It will be worth letting them know so they can make improvements. It used to be my favorite RCCL ship. Now I'm not too much in a hurry to sail on this ship again without improvements.

We leave for a B2B to Alaska in a couple of weeks ---- definitely would like to hear about the "cons" that people have encountered on their recent trips. We have never had a bad experience on the Radiance --- curious to hear what has been happening recently.

A Handwritten Letter to:

Mr. Michael Bayley

President and CEO

Royal Caribbean International

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132-2096

is the best want to communicate the issues you want addressed.

Next would be a Typewritten Letter.

Last would be an email...

Dennis

A Handwritten Letter to:

Mr. Michael Bayley

President and CEO

Royal Caribbean International

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132-2096

is the best want to communicate the issues you want addressed.

Next would be a Typewritten Letter.

Last would be an email...

Dennis

It is 2016. I'd say it is the opposite way. Email provides proof of sending and a receipt can be requested. It is easy for an email to be handled by someone assigned to the executives office. You can easily track the timing of responses and follow ups.

A typewritten letter at least will be legible for any to read.

Handwritten is nice and has the personal touch for sure, but not sure it is expeditious to getting a problem resolved. Very easy to be lost in the shuffle unfortunately. Not many executives handle issues directed towards them these days.

We leave for a B2B to Alaska in a couple of weeks ---- definitely would like to hear about the "cons" that people have encountered on their recent trips. We have never had a bad experience on the Radiance --- curious to hear what has been happening recently.

I never had one on the Radiance before either. For a fair assessment of the current situation, the OP would be the best one to respond. Some of my issues may have been resolved in dry dock. I'd be interested in seeing what they say before sharing my experience (which of course will be blasted I'm sure. :rolleyes: )

Okay. Back home and somewhat settled in.

First issue, and to me what was the most annoying, may seem like a small thing. My son turned 14 when we were in Juneau, Alaska. I had pre-ordered a celebrations cake for him to surprise him when we had dinner in Giovanni's on his birthday. When I boarded the ship, per instructions from Crown and Anchor, I went to Guest Relations and specified that instead of delivering the cake to the dining room, it needed to be delivered to Giovanni's. They said that was no problem and assured me it would be done. Checked once more another morning and was told all was in place. Saturday (the 28th) the head waiter came up to me in the dining room and asked me if I'd like to have the cake brought to our table since it was my son's birthday. I told him, no, you do not have a cake for us, at least not now, because his birthday is tomorrow and it needs to be delivered to Giovanni's. He assured me that he would make the correction.

Sunday the 29th I again went down to Guest Relations to again state where and when I needed the cake delivered. We got off the ship in Juneau. When we got back on the ship around 3 p.m., our stateroom had been decorated and...you guessed it...there was the cake, so the surprise I had for my son was ruined. I called down to guest relations and told them they needed to have someone come get the cake. Ultimately, it was delivered to Giovanni's when we had dinner, but that wasn't the point.

There were several other issues and things that happened on the ship that basically made me think the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. Miscommunications as to what deck to get off the ship at. Being told one thing by one shore excursion staff person which was apparently not true and resulted in me having to get a cash advance to walk off the ship with the cash for the large credit I had on my seapass account rather than wait for them to refund it to my credit card.

The internet was AWFUL. It was marketed as VOOM, but it was incredibly slow and often not available. Now, I do understand that internet at sea is not going to be like it is at home, and it can be spotty. But that's not how they market it. Completely unacceptable and the slowest of any internet we've had on any of Royal's ships.

On the plus side, I have zero complaints about our stateroom, our stateroom attendant, the service and food in the main dining room, or any of the ports. I will say I felt that the food selection in the Windjammer was a bit limited, but what was there was good.

One other thing...and something I did not include on my letter. When we boarded the ship, our cabin was beautifully clean. However, the balcony was extremely dirty and had paint chips all over it, apparently from work that had been done overhead. Could not walk out there in stocking feet until it was cleaned the next morning. Later in the week, we also had a note left on our stateroom door that maintenance would be done on our balcony...and arrived back on the ship to find our balcony again covered in paint chips. Minor, I know, but it was just another annoyance.

One other thing...and something I did not include on my letter. When we boarded the ship, our cabin was beautifully clean. However, the balcony was extremely dirty and had paint chips all over it, apparently from work that had been done overhead. Could not walk out there in stocking feet until it was cleaned the next morning. Later in the week, we also had a note left on our stateroom door that maintenance would be done on our balcony...and arrived back on the ship to find our balcony again covered in paint chips. Minor, I know, but it was just another annoyance.

Liked reading you posts, we were on the Radiance for 67 days prior ti dry dock and had a lot of the same feelings as you, right hand did not know what left hand was doing. We were told things that were wrong, seemed lots of higher ups did not have it together. Although our cabin attendant Catalino and our waiter Jimmy were the best we have ever had, and that made up for all the rest of it.

I sailed on Radiance the week before you. I agree that the service was great on the ship. Our cabin steward, Sheryl, was wonderful as was all the waitstaff and all others we encountered. I will say that the ship itself is getting a little shabby. We had a JS and the chair in our cabin was badly in need of new upholstery (as well as many others on the ship) and it was definitely time to redo the bathroom! The Solarium is in bad need of a refurb. Hand rails had chipped paint with large sections missing paint, tiles need to be replaced, etc. Just really general upkeep. Even my husband noticed all the things that need to be redone. I have sailed on other older ships with RCCL and none were in need of a refurb like this one. So, that as a disappointment to me. Time for a total refurbishment.

What a disappointment that they couldn't get it right on the birthday surprise cake. I hope your son enjoyed his special day.

Glad you liked the MDR. That was one of our biggest pet-peeve on our April 20th sailing. Many of the items didn't match the Menu. Our tablemates insisted on being 1/2 hr. late and our waiter still brought out all the food at the time even though we ordered when we arrived. The Dining room Manager wouldn't let us change tables so we stopped going after 3 nights out of our 11 night cruise. I liked the Windjammer cook to order station and stir fry. I agree with you on the limitations. The Indian Executive Chef recently joined RCCL from Carnival. I thought he could do better like teach his staff how to cook. For example bacon (lol.. I know.. small thing but was horrible, hard and burnt every day LOL).

Many of the staff on our sailing wanted to get off the ship and it showed. Not all.. just some.

Our cabin toilet was broke the first 3 days. It took a lot of calls but they finally fixed a broken part. It kept running and overflowing. This can happen on any ship but they kept taking my call and no one showed up.

Did they just put Zoom on the Radiance during dry dock? it wasn't available for our sailing I don't think. Did they at least paint the pools and outside public areas? There was so much rust and chipped paint. Maybe they are still catching up on painting which is why there was paint on your balcony.

Here's another phone number to call. It was included in the inconvenience letter they gave me at the end of the cruise. It has 2 options - one for problems before the cruise and one for after. Customer Service 1-800-529-6918.

Cheryl - we had Catalino too. He was one of the best staff onboard.

Edited by iluvcruzin

Interesting to read as Radiance just spent 2 weeks in drydock the beginning of May for general maintenance. We were on there the end of April and the paint was flaking off the stanchions on our balcony and they looked to be haphazardly covered in about a half dozen coats of paint. I was hoping that was the type of maintenance they would have taken care of in drydock but sounds like they are still working on it.

What a disappointment that they couldn't get it right on the birthday surprise cake. I hope your son enjoyed his special day.

Glad you liked the MDR. That was one of our biggest pet-peeve on our April 20th sailing. Many of the items didn't match the Menu. Our tablemates insisted on being 1/2 hr. late and our waiter still brought out all the food at the time even though we ordered when we arrived. The Dining room Manager wouldn't let us change tables so we stopped going after 3 nights out of our 11 night cruise. I liked the Windjammer cook to order station and stir fry. I agree with you on the limitations. The Indian Executive Chef recently joined RCCL from Carnival. I thought he could do better like teach his staff how to cook. For example bacon (lol.. I know.. small thing but was horrible, hard and burnt every day LOL).

Many of the staff on our sailing wanted to get off the ship and it showed. Not all.. just some.

Our cabin toilet was broke the first 3 days. It took a lot of calls but they finally fixed a broken part. It kept running and overflowing. This can happen on any ship but they kept taking my call and no one showed up.

Did they just put Zoom on the Radiance during dry dock? it wasn't available for our sailing I don't think. Did they at least paint the pools and outside public areas? There was so much rust and chipped paint. Maybe they are still catching up on painting which is why there was paint on your balcony.

Here's another phone number to call. It was included in the inconvenience letter they gave me at the end of the cruise. It has 2 options - one for problems before the cruise and one for after. Customer Service 1-800-529-6918.

Cheryl - we had Catalino too. He was one of the best staff onboard.

LOL...I can tell you the bacon has NOT improved. As far as the VOOM internet, I'm not sure when they put it on but I pre-purchased it for our cruise a few weeks before. However, as I said, it was the worst internet I've ever had on a Royal ship.