Just off Liberty Updates!

Thanks, always fun to relive it.

I have the compasses BUT I can't pinkie promise to scan them all but I'll think about it.

Amy the cruise director goes on break soon so things might change around anyway. And Derek in the pub is only on one more sailing before his break.

I am so sorry to hear Amy is leaving early. I loved her zumba classes previously on LB. And she was so visable around the ship. Spoke with her several times. I've never cared for Derek's schtick, so will be interested in who is in the pub in two weeks. So far on LB and NV, I've never cared for the pub entertainer; hoping to end my streak!

I have the compasses BUT I can't pinkie promise to scan them all but I'll think about it. ��

Amy the cruise director goes on break soon so things might change around anyway. And Derek in the pub is only on one more sailing before his break.

Any idea how long Derek's break will be and if he is headed back to Liberty?

Just off as well.

The Tidal Wave is running and is a lot of fun. It takes about and hour per turn - at least it did on the first day it opened. You have to ride with two and the total combined weight must be less than 440 pounds. Definitely saw some turned away. It is worth doing.

My understanding is that the cruise director has taken another job and is leaving RCI. Just my understanding.

They didn't have the Saturday Night Fever show last week due to injuries to 3 performers. They had a comedian stand in and it didn't go over well with one lady.

I will try to write something up but packing for an early morning flight for work. Vacation is over now.

Just off as well.

The Tidal Wave is running and is a lot of fun. It takes about and hour per turn - at least it did on the first day it opened. You have to ride with two and the total combined weight must be less than 440 pounds. Definitely saw some turned away. It is worth doing.

My understanding is that the cruise director has taken another job and is leaving RCI. Just my understanding.

They didn't have the Saturday Night Fever show last week due to injuries to 3 performers. They had a comedian stand in and it didn't go over well with one lady.

I will try to write something up but packing for an early morning flight for work. Vacation is over now.

Oh, PLEASE come back and tell us how this particular lady behaved! ;) :D :eek:

Oh man - we board on 4/16/17 and I was hoping Derek would be on board! Guess it's good to know now, but seems odd that they wouldn't have negotiated him be there for Easter week?!?!? What will the adults do while the kids have so much fun!

Just off as well.

Thanks for the info. Any idea on what hours it was open and/or the wait for the other slides?

Thanks for the info. Any idea on what hours it was open and/or the wait for the other slides?

I can tell you that, when I was on (end of March), there was no significant wait for the other slides, at least at the times I tried them. There might be a handful of people waiting.

Don't know if the hour-long wait for the Tidal Wave will be typical, though, or if that was just because it finally opened, and anyone who wanted to try it on this sailing had to do so on the one day it was open.

Our family just got off yesterday too. It is hard to say what the "normal" will be for the Tidal Wave since it was only open the last two days and there was no communication that it was open. My husband somehow knew it was going to open at 9am on the last day (probably by asking a crew member). My daughter and him were able to go down 10 times and only waited in line for about 5 minutes each time. But I think that is because most people didn't know that it was open. As far as the other slides go, the wait times ranged from no wait to 20 minutes. The wait for the Flow Rider was usually the longest....sometimes 20-30 minutes.

Peeps - so very sorry for the delay. Came home to massive work he!! and a family matter that had to be dealt with. So much for my relaxation. I promise I have not forgotten the hordes who love reviews. Because I am one of that horde as well! ;)

Punch card was ready for purchase on Thursday I believe. $75 + 18% gratuity for 10 drinks. Good if you are planning on foo foo drinks since they averaged around $11 each.

Yep - too bad about Sat Night Fever - I was ACTUALLY going to see a show onboard. Which is definitely out of character for me. Oh well, I'll see it next time.

I have the compasses BUT I can't pinkie promise to scan them all but I'll think about it. ��

wolfgang........great to be with you two again. I have a great shot of your hubby in the pool in Falmouth, big smile, drink in one hand and a cigar in the other!

Our cruise director Amy, actually left with us. My understanding is that she will be taking a shore side job with Royal Caribbean, and will be living in Tampa. Got that at the Captains Corner Saturday morning.

We took in Saturday Night Fever the week before, and it is the best production that I have seen on a Freedom class ship.

I know that there were some people that have reported earlier that they were not too happy with the crew of the Liberty. I have to say, I saw none of that, actually, found the crew of the Liberty, under the command of Captain Rune Johnson, to be some of the best that I have experienced.

No hiccups, just a wonderful time, and, as always, fun to be around you two in the Suite Lounge!:D

Rick

Edited by rubrrick
changed verbage.