Aqua Class cabin location question...

heatherRN53

Considering an upgrade on Silhouette to an Aqua Class cabin. From what I can tell from looking at deck plans the Aqua Class cabins are on deck 11 and the pools are on deck 12 above. I am wondering if there are issues of noise transfer down to the cabins on deck 11. Just want to check before we seriously start looking at making a move. :D

Put the deck plans side by side to see what is above. We usually book 1552 becasue there is really nothing above. Below the hair salon is a nice location too.

I would never book beneath the pool or the gym, but that's just me.

Considering an upgrade on Silhouette to an Aqua Class cabin. From what I can tell from looking at deck plans the Aqua Class cabins are on deck 11 and the pools are on deck 12 above. I am wondering if there are issues of noise transfer down to the cabins on deck 11. Just want to check before we seriously start looking at making a move. :D

We were in Aqua 1606 on Equinox. We thought it was going to be a great cabin because of the extended balcony. However, noise from the pool band was a problem as was chair scraping from above. I am very sensitive to noise, though, so others may not have as much of a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The A2 cabins are actually located better on S class ships than the A1 cabins. We sailed just aft of the midship suites. No noise whatsoever and the cabin sizes really are all the same. I wouldn't ever consider booking a cabin under the pool or other public deck, especially if that deck above is not carpeted. They really cannot do anything about people with hard soled shoes walking overhead at any hour of the day or night or scraping chairs above your bed....so we just book elsewhere.

We have been in Eclipse Aqua 69 times, its under the pool area. We only have had occasional problems with noise. In the morning you could hear the sunbeds being sorted out, not a problem for us as we are early risers, and usually one of the first in Blu at breakfast. Evenings, pretty quiet apart from the occasional click clack of high heels from above!

Sometimes we could hear the music in the atrium if it was loud, but the biggest noise problem we had were serial door slammers next door, who seem to delight in making as much noise as possible.

As mentioned before on S-Class the A2s are actually better located than the A1s - we therefore always decline the free upgrade.

We have sailed in the staterooms below the Persian Garden (e.g. 1511) and it was great.

On our last cruise we were on the other side underneith the gym (1518). We sometimes heard the rythmic quiet thump of the treadmills - but it really did not bother us at all.

I once argues that Celebrity created Aqua Class (on S-Class ships) as a well to market cabins, with an inferior location, at higher prices. Pure genius. A majority of the AQ Cabins on S-Class vessels are directly under the pool deck which means they are subject to noise from crew and passengers moving chairs. Also, the design of the S-Class with the huge overhang of the pool deck..puts those same AQ Cabins in a big shadow with the ugly overhang above! While this is fine for those who want more shade, we do not find it desirable. Ironically, we think the Aqua cabins located aft of the pool area are in a much better position since they are 1 further deck removed from the overhang and have passenger cabins above. And these are categorized at a lower cabin class (A2). So we book those aft AQ cabins (numbers are usually in the 1600 range) and specify no-upgrade since there is no way we want to be upgraded to an AQ1 cabin.

Hank

Look at the Aqua cabins just aft of mid ship the have cabins above them. We have stayed in 1626, 1633, 1640, 1642 & 1644- no noise.

We just returned from staying in 1636. You can read my review on the Solstice Class Stateroom sticky. I hope others will remember to post their stateroom experiences on there.;)

We have been in Eclipse Aqua 69 times, its under the pool area. We only have had occasional problems with noise. In the morning you could hear the sunbeds being sorted out, not a problem for us as we are early risers, and usually one of the first in Blu at breakfast. Evenings, pretty quiet apart from the occasional click clack of high heels from above!

Sometimes we could hear the music in the atrium if it was loud, but the biggest noise problem we had were serial door slammers next door, who seem to delight in making as much noise as possible.

Amen! Slamming of doors and drawers. :(

• 8 months later...
Look at the Aqua cabins just aft of mid ship the have cabins above them. We have stayed in 1626, 1633, 1640, 1642 & 1644- no noise.

I am new to Celebrity and am looking for info on bed placement in the 1600 series AQ cabins. Presently have 1636 on Eclipse but now wonder if the bed is by the window or the bath. Hope some of you Celebrity experts can help.

I once argues that Celebrity created Aqua Class (on S-Class ships) as a well to market cabins, with an inferior location, at higher prices. Pure genius. A majority of the AQ Cabins on S-Class vessels are directly under the pool deck which means they are subject to noise from crew and passengers moving chairs. Also, the design of the S-Class with the huge overhang of the pool deck..puts those same AQ Cabins in a big shadow with the ugly overhang above! While this is fine for those who want more shade, we do not find it desirable. Ironically, we think the Aqua cabins located aft of the pool area are in a much better position since they are 1 further deck removed from the overhang and have passenger cabins above. And these are categorized at a lower cabin class (A2). So we book those aft AQ cabins (numbers are usually in the 1600 range) and specify no-upgrade since there is no way we want to be upgraded to an AQ1 cabin.

Hank

We love the A2 cabins with the overhang. It does not make the room dark, but it does shield you from unbearably heat and direct sunlight. We also have stayed beneath the buffet and beneath the solarium. No noise in either case.