Ft. Lauderdale Hotels With Shuttles to Port?????

retdon

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania Beach several times. Free shuttle to and from airport, small fee shuttle to cruise port, free breakfast. Walking distance to adequate eating places, Walgreen's and wine shop. Not fancy, but has worked for us.

I'm talking January, but I book 10-11 months out. You can still book the Marriott North for $179 or the Courtyard for $174 (w/free shuttle). The Renaissance Plantation is $238 vs. $303 at the port. You do need to be a Marriott Rewards member which is free. I've not stayed at the Courtyard, but the other two are nice properties.

I'm a pretty loyal Marriott customer. Booking early is a big plus, especially for winter dates.

This thread has been interesting. I do a lot of research before we book hotels, because there are certain things that are essential for us.

This time we chose a hotel that doesn't have a shuttle service, but has other things -- near to shopping, well-reviewed restaurants nearby, good reviews. We were able to find a place that, even after paying for cab from airport and cab to port, came in cheaper for two nights than one night in any of the hotels usually recommended for Fort Lauderdale.

Since (like another poster upthread) we will be there for 3 nights, the saving is substantial. I already tested the service level at the hotel, and I'm fairly certain we will be more than happy with our choice.

When we went on our Panama canal sunfarer in 2014, we stayed at the Ramada, in part because of the free shuttle from the airport to hotel and from the hotel to Port Everglades. It was okay. Definitely not 5 star accommodation by any means but it was comfortable, clean enough and had HBO so we could watch the season premiere of Game of Thrones.

When we got there in the morning, we had to wait about an hour for our room to be ready so we could recover from the red eye from Vancouver to Toronto, then the rush to get to the flight to FLL.

It was a $20 cab ride to the Old Heidelberg restaurant, if I'm not mistaken.

It met our needs for a reasonable price. Note to self though, Americans call it Sweet Tea, when we Canucks know it as Iced Tea. I made that mistake in the bar.

Edited by Aegis1984

Note to self though, Americans call it Sweet Tea, when we Canucks know it as Iced Tea. I made that mistake in the bar.

Iced tea is unsweetened, and is served on ice.

Unless you're in the southern US. If you order "tea" down south, do not expect to get a nice, hot, cuppa. You will be served iced tea. And don't be surprised if it already has sugar in it, either. The sugar dissolves if it's added to the hot tea immediately after it's brewed, but won't dissolve in iced tea.

Down south you have to be very clear about what you are asking for if you want tea, iced tea, or iced tea without sugar already added.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd? I thought it would be fun to stay somewhere where there is lots to do....shopping, restaurants. Any opinions?

Very nice area. Try to get a room in the newer part of the hotel. The old part is nice, but I'd opt for the newer part.

We like the Hyatt Place near the port. We stayed at a hotel in Plantation that did not have a shuttle once. We couldn't get any closer hotels at a reasonable price. The cab fare from the airport to the hotel was around $35. That hotel did not have a free airport shuttle. It did have a shuttle to the port for $10 per person. I haven't looked at that area again since that cruise.

Help, what hotels/motels in Ft. Lauderdale offer shuttles to the port. Sailing 10/23 with a group, some folks need shuttles from airport to hotel pre-cruise then shuttle to cruise port on sailing date.

We drive and use ParkNGo, no problem for us but those who fly and do not rent a car need transportation to ship. Thanks CC Friends, I can always count on you. Linda

Simple solution which seems completely obvious to me - get on Tripadvisor to select some possible motels with good ratings. Then pick up the telephone and call them. Try it.

DON

When sailing from FtL a few years ago, like OP I was looking for a hotel with a free shuttle to the ship. Found it, but when we arrived mid afternoon the day before embarkation the earliest shuttle with space was close to 1:00 PM. We signed-up for it but then went downstairs the next morning around 9:30 am. Lobby filled with folks waiting for their earlier reservations. We want outside, hailed a cab and got to the port in less than 10 minutes. We were among the first to board and the taxi cost us all of $12 (split between two of us - $6 each) plus tip. Well worth paying for. Something to think about.

We are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn 180 SW 18th Avenue, Dania, in December for 1 night pre cruise. Was recommended by our travel agent in the UK Seems fine for 1 night. Apparently has a $10 shuttle to the ship Anyone stayed here?