Ft. Lauderdale Hotels With Shuttles to Port?????

retdon

Help, what hotels/motels in Ft. Lauderdale offer shuttles to the port. Sailing 10/23 with a group, some folks need shuttles from airport to hotel pre-cruise then shuttle to cruise port on sailing date.

We drive and use ParkNGo, no problem for us but those who fly and do not rent a car need transportation to ship. Thanks CC Friends, I can always count on you. Linda

Cruiser Bruce is right but do you want a shuttle that is free or do they mind to pay?

In all honesty, a taxi fare from the airport to most FLL hotels is not expensive and can be easier than waiting for a shuttle to show up.

In the hotels that do have shuttles included in the fare, they need to book as soon as they arrive or they may not have one.

Our first hotel was based on a free shuttle. they no longer are as the cost to get from here to there is negligible is your hotel is in a good location. JMO

Help, what hotels/motels in Ft. Lauderdale offer shuttles to the port. Sailing 10/23 with a group, some folks need shuttles from airport to hotel pre-cruise then shuttle to cruise port on sailing date.

We drive and use ParkNGo, no problem for us but those who fly and do not rent a car need transportation to ship. Thanks CC Friends, I can always count on you. Linda

Marriott Courtyard, Plantation FL, has a free shuttle from airport and to cruise port. Plantation is 6-7 miles inland. Has great shopping and some good restaurants. The hotels in Plantation are usually a bit cheaper as well.

Edited by blizzardboy

As suggested, check out the Florida departure board. The airport, 17th St. hotel area, and port are so close to each other that even if a hotel doesn't have a shuttle service or if you have to pay for it, it's not that much. Taxi fare from the airport to the Embassy Suites on 17th runs me about $15. If you don't limit yourself to hotels that include shuttle service, you have a lot more possibilities in different price ranges.

Roz

Book one of the hotels17TH street area. That puts you a very short, inexpensive taxi ride from airport and across street vfm Port Everglades.

Edited by sail7seas

Springhill SUites in Dania Beach. Free shuttle from airport to hotel and also from hotel to pier. Free breakfast as well.

We also have stayed here & found the shuttle from the airport to involve a fairly long wait but to the port, we were the only ones on board.

We have stayed several times at the Ramada Inn. They have a free shuttle from the airport and one to the cruise port.

Scott & Karen

I I am going to FLL I don't want to stay in Plantation or Dania...... I want to stay in FLL> :)

We've saved over $100/night by staying at the Marriott or Renaissance in Plantation when compared to 6 miles away at the port. We also found one of the best locally owned bistros that we've found in SE Florida in Plantation. The Mustard Seed has unbelievable lunches and then white linen service for dinner. I hate getting gouged by the hotels at/near the port.

Greatly prefer a taxi from hotels near the port; it is < $20 with tip and can take multiple passengers, even though most hotels near the port will have a shuttle but some/most charge.

Plantation is a great place to stay and cheaper as mentioned. Usually arrive late afternoon so just need dinner and a place to sleep. Prefer the Hampton Inn which is 1 block from a huge mall, has a free shuttle from the airport and to the port plus decent parking prices.

We like Extended Stay America on 17th St. Free shuttle on demand from airport, and $4 shuttle to port. Pleasant hotel, lots of stores and restaurants nearby, and a short walk to the drawbridge with a great view of the port.

We've saved over $100/night by staying at the Marriott or Renaissance in Plantation when compared to 6 miles away at the port. We also found one of the best locally owned bistros that we've found in SE Florida in Plantation. The Mustard Seed has unbelievable lunches and then white linen service for dinner. I hate getting gouged by the hotels at/near the port.

Totally agree, especially after our last stay at Embassy Suites. Bugs crawling all over the window sheers, towel bar fell off the wall, mold and dirt in the bathroom, stale pastries in the breakfast buffet. I don't know how it gets such good reviews, we'll never stay there again. NOT worth over $400/night. :eek:

I would look for a hotel and not worry about cruise terminal transfer. On our first trip to FLL, we stayed at a hotel with transfers and it was total chaos trying to get on the list. The place was beautiful.....in photos only. People were less than cooperative. There was a cab outside and, $10 later, we were at the port. The better hotels seem to not offer shuttles to the port.

That is great if it works for you. I love watching the ships sail away in gthe afternoon and sail in early morning watrching from my balcony directly acrtoss from Port Everglades. We have sampled so many FLL restaurants, there are many we return to again and againtion do nrst my hoqw lucky are we to have choicess. You can stay 'out of ftown and ohers can choose tto stay 'in town Everryone gefts to choose what they want. There is no right or wrong as long as you go where you want.. W qll get to choose howmuc h we Waato spend on our hote l cruise, dinner. et.c Safving that #100 mqy not be worth it g to me if I am no staying where I want.. i understand. We all spend our money in the wayw e want

Edited by sail7seas

That is great if it works for you. I love watching the ships sail away in gthe afternoon and sail in early morning there is a charge foerr that view included in the room rateswatrching from my balcony directly acrtoss from Port Everglades. We have sampled so many FLL restaurants, there are many we return to again and againtion do nrst my hoqw lucky are we to have choice?!. You can stay 'out of ftown and ogthers can chooseftto stay 'in townor miles out of FLL. Everryone gets to choose whrat they want. There is no right or wrong as long as you go where you want.. I

Edited by sail7seas

: What you call getting ""gouged, some of us call luxury, deluxe, comfort, PAMPERING Four plus stars etc. Gouged is in gthe eyes of the guest. i have never felt 'gouged on 17th streeet, FLL.My choice.

Some f us lilke Four Seasons and some likeMarriott better. :shrug:

What is un believable about Muastard Seed's lunch?

Edited by sail7seas

Since we fly to our cruises three days prior, I prefer to be in the 17th Street area rather than being stuck out in the boonies. Good restaurants within walking distance and easy shopping for supplies.

When it comes to a shuttle, sometimes that is convenient and other times a taxi works well.

When I've compared the further out hotels and closer in there has only been about $10 difference. If there was $100 that would be worthwhile to me. I'm sure it varies on the time of year.

I'm talking January, but I book 10-11 months out. You can still book the Marriott North for $179 or the Courtyard for $174 (w/free shuttle). The Renaissance Plantation is $238 vs. $303 at the port. You do need to be a Marriott Rewards member which is free. I've not stayed at the Courtyard, but the other two are nice properties.

I'm a pretty loyal Marriott customer. Booking early is a big plus, especially for winter dates.