Real sale??

No. Do they run deceptive pricing gimmicks - yes pretty much 24/7/365.

I could care less "how much a member makes that share's in the tips".... Whatever it is it's well earned considering the hours they put in.

Pretty sure you mean " I couldn't care less"..

Anyone remember the New Years Eve Sale of 2013? Wow, now that WAS a REAL sale! I think after a few hours they caught it though. But not before a lot of people booked cruises. We got an owner's suite on the Navigator for $3,100 for 3 people! It was an awesome cruise. :D

Love their booking policy, they don't send anyone to your house to force you to book a cruise

Kind of a crappy answer.

The OP had legit questions.

And it wasn't even about the booking policy that you have a crush on.....

Edited by matj2000

More often than not they are not "sales" in the classic sense of a discount. They are promotions to drive bookings. For the past few years all cruises I've watched have gone up when new promos roll out. Then prices fluctuate from there depending on how well the ship/week are selling.

I just look at the bottom line price and ignore any of the promos. Apply this to all lines and just track your cruise fare.

No. Do they run deceptive pricing gimmicks - yes pretty much 24/7/365.

I could care less "how much a member makes that share's in the tips".... Whatever it is it's well earned considering the hours they put in.

Yes but the real question is, how much less could you care?:p

Bill

Its not what they make but im trying to figure out if all the tip money is paid to them or does some of it fall threw the cracks?? I say pay the a wage forget about tips and add the cot to the price of the cruise this way the customer knows exactly what they are paying for also if you want to give someone alittle extra feel free to do so!!!

Its not what they make but im trying to figure out if all the tip money is paid to them or does some of it fall threw the cracks?? I say pay the a wage forget about tips and add the cot to the price of the cruise this way the customer knows exactly what they are paying for also if you want to give someone alittle extra feel free to do so!!!

So why don't you just ask the people that run the cruise line, the policy has only been in affect for over 40 years

Forget the "name". Look at the price for the cruise and cabin you want. If it's a price you want to pay, book the cruise. If it's not, don't.

Ha that is exactly how we book. Booked NCL Breakaway to Bermuda 7 days this year and Anthem next year to Canada/NE because the of the price. It came down to a decent deal, and a price we could afford for 3. Now we love the destinations and the ships as well so that was the cherry on top.

Edited by JAMESCC

So why don't you just ask the people that run the cruise line, the policy has only been in affect for over 40 years

That has not been the policy for 40 years.

I bet you they have changed tipping policy multiple times over the years.

They also probably would not tell you anything if you asked.

So, Great answer...........

Forget the "name". Look at the price for the cruise and cabin you want. If it's a price you want to pay, book the cruise. If it's not, don't.

Exactly! We don't cruise often but squiffywife has wanted to go on the Allure for some time. So I kept checking and sure enough found what I thought was a great deal. Searched around a bit and confirmed that the pricing was good. Booked a Central Park balcony stateroom on a true BOGOHO in April of 2015 for a January 2017 sailing. I now keep watching for any price drops and since purchase I haven't seen ANY deal that puts it lower than our booking.

OP, it sounds like you're looking for a deal but don't like what's being offered.

I consider the cost of a cruise vacation a major expenditure. Like any major expenditure I figure out what the best value is by doing research and finding out the "street price"- what is commonly being paid for what I want. Then I have a baseline to compare to, and can judge how good or bad a deal is. It takes a bit of work but it's worth it- our cruise is now over $1,000 less than the current free days offer. That savings has paid for my airfare.

I hope you find a deal that works for you.

More often than not they are not "sales" in the classic sense of a discount. They are promotions to drive bookings. For the past few years all cruises I've watched have gone up when new promos roll out. Then prices fluctuate from there depending on how well the ship/week are selling.

I just look at the bottom line price and ignore any of the promos. Apply this to all lines and just track your cruise fare.

I agree. It seems the only "savings" is when you book onboard. We have not seen any discounts for age, residence, or for being a C&A member. Whenever I see an advertised promotion and I call, the additional discount is never advantageous because it is rebooked based on the new increased base prices.

Haven't seen a real sale for a couple of years now. We cross our fingers that they will offer a last-minute discount for Florida residents - but they are usually new bookings only. :(

I'm sure it is a sale for someone. When I think about booking a cruise I think about my total cost first, then the itinerary, then the cruise line. My overall goal is to go on vacation so for me the Cruise line does not matter. Royal can call their promotions whatever they want but unless it is the right price for me I will not book with them. I'm actually sailing the Explorer of the Seas in a week and I ended up finding an excellent price when I booked back in August... I do not know what sale they might have been running at that time but all the sales after that priced my cruise/cabin at double the cost. I see many posts about these "sales" but, in my opinion, those that are most frustrated are those who are loyal to Royal.

• 1 month later...
The only time I ever saw a "real" sale is when they started the Bogo 1/2 off. the first few days it was a great deal until they caught on and jacked up pricing. Luckily I was able to get in on the deal before prices changed.

That's when I booked my next 2 cruises - I wasn't about to let that get by me without taking advantage of it. You just need to be patient, do your homework, and strike when the iron is hot. Apparently, the OP isn't familiar with the way RCI works .... or they're just looking for something to moan about. Either way, it doesn't look like they're getting the sympathy they were looking for.

Edited by ramja96

You are right about the first BOGOHO sale. I was on a 9 night Southern for the price of a 7 night Eastern on the Serenade booked 05/14. No different than department stores. When they advertise 50% off, then say intermediate sales may affect % off.