New menu on Oasis of the Seas

Cruising on the Oasis on the July 23rd sailing and I am a vegetarian. The previous menu included several vegetarian choices including the fruit soups :) but the new menu seems to offer very few choices for a vegetarian. Pretty bummed out at this point

I agree, I feel the same.

Cruising on the Oasis on the July 23rd sailing and I am a vegetarian. The previous menu included several vegetarian choices including the fruit soups :) but the new menu seems to offer very few choices for a vegetarian. Pretty bummed out at this point

Speak to the Maitre D each night for the next night. My daughter has to be gluten free and they were great about adapting meals and desserts for her. I am sure they can figure something out for you. I have heard of them bringing in Indian dishes that are not on the menu for vegetarians. They also made different veges each night instead of the dreaded gluten carbs. Since 5% of the US population is vegetarian or vegan, that is much higher than the 1% with celiac. I aware that the cruise ships cater to many people other that US citizens, but those ships sailing from the US do have a high percentage of US passengers.

I hope they roll these out to Allure before my September cruise, they look like a nice change.

I go on Allure on July 24th. I can let you know when I get back if no one else has posted. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the new menu offerings.

There are 6 entrees and 1 "local influence" entree each night in addition to the 4 "always available" items. I think some think they are repetitive because the "always available" items are listed with the other entrees. On the old menus they were listed by themselves.

Testing them on one ship and getting feedback before rolling them out to the whole fleet IMHO is a good idea.

On the old menus there was an entree salad every day. They're all gone. There was also at least one dish with shellfish as well. I saw complementary lobster tail one night and a shrimp dish another. No crab at all. There also used to be two hot soups and one cold. Now it's just french onion and another hot soup (yes day 2 has watermelon gazpacho, but that's it for fruit soups).