an elite perk????

Knickearth

My wife and I have elite status :eek: but you only receive $25.00. It's per cabin if you are married.

Tony

Hubby and I are legally married and we got two $25 credits because we have different last names. We get two invites to the Captain's Circle party too.

Hubby and I are legally married and we got two $25 credits because we have different last names. We get two invites to the Captain's Circle party too.

That isn't the norm. It's usually based on household (mailing address) so I wouldn't discuss this too often.

not correct.

For a 20 day b2b booked as a single booking no. (two 10 day voyages), you will receive 2 cruise credits, 1 for each leg. Credits are doubled for full suites and single occupancy passengers.

I am actually saying the same thing here ... if a B2B is booked, even if under one booking number, it is 2 credits.

If it is sold as 1 cruise (not a B2B), you would only receive one credit.

Guess I need to start taking more 3 or 4 day cruises. Because these 25 and 28 days are getting me nowhere :( I'm Elite but only have 14 cruise as of now.

Last Caribbean season there were numerous 4 & 5 day cruises all B2B and there were many people taking advantage of them to achieve higher levels. They did away with them this coming season.

I can only wonder why. :D:rolleyes:

Edited by floridalover5623

Last Caribbean season there were numerous 4 & 5 day cruises all B2B and there were many people taking advantage of them to achieve higher levels. They did away with them this coming season.

It would have to be a b2b2b2b2b2b2b for me. Hate short cruises. ;)

It probably has more to do with how much money Princess makes rather than too much Captain's Circle "inflation".

It probably has more to do with how much money Princess makes rather than too much Captain's Circle "inflation".

I've heard it said many times that the shorter the cruise the more profitable they are for the cruise line. People tend to spend the most money the first few days- drinks, photo's, dining, tours, etc.

Maybe it doesn't apply to Princess. :confused:

I agree & a lack of bookings on too many 3-5 day cruises from FL & LA in early 2014 resulted in "free" cruises.

The cruise fare (not taxes/fees) was a cruise credit for another cruise later that year. Not only did they loose money on those cruises but also passengers booked multiple cruises (think 7 was the most I read about) to also reach higher Captain's Circle levels.

They seem to be selling better now since rotating itineraries resulting in less capacity for each itinerary & at a higher rate. From LA ships regularly rotate itineraries to destinations such as Hawaii, Mexico (7 & 10 day), Getaways (3-4 days) and 7 day Coastals. Based on the higher prices for the few roundtrip LA cruises to destinations such as the Panama Canal, South Pacific & Alaska, they are booking well despite higher prices.

Limiting itineraries seems to result in generally higher cruise fares with less flash sales (more demand than supply)...that's good for Princess (and my CCL shares) but not for passengers looking for affordable cruises. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Wow this is simple why can't you figure it out. If the cruise is only sold as a 20 day cruise 1 credit, its only 1 cruise. If the cruise is sold as a 10 day and another 10 day it will be 2 credits. Does not matter if you booked as a 20 day, you still get 2 credits.

We booked a 14 day cruise on the Majestic next spring. This cruise is also sold as two 7 day cruises. Our cruise personalizer already shows that we will get 2 cruise credits for that cruise. I have no idea if we will get another $25 on the second week but I doubt it.

[quote name='IECalCruiser']We booked a 14 day cruise on the Majestic next spring. This cruise is also sold as two 7 day cruises. Our cruise personalizer already shows that we will get 2 cruise credits for that cruise. I have no idea if we will get another $25 on the second week but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

As I recall like other complimentary OBCs (FCD, shareholder, military) you get loyalty OBC based on how you book which would be once for your 14 day booking but as you probably know will receive 2 minibar setups.

On our most recent b2b we exchanged the first minibar for Diet Coke & Dos Equis and for the 2nd minibar we called prior to the end of the first cruise to request coffee cards on the 2nd cruise. They were happy to do it that way versus bringing a minibar & having to exchange it for 2 coffee cards. Edited by Astro Flyer