Incredible upgrade.

Toronto Guy

Has anyone ever been upgraded from an inside guarantee to concierge class? Just happened to me - I'm still in shock. Celebrity is a great cruise line. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several years ago got an upgrade from inside to Aqua for $100

Has anyone ever been upgraded from an inside guarantee to concierge class? Just happened to me - I'm still in shock. Celebrity is a great cruise line. ;)

Our first Celebrity cruise got a upgrade from a regular balcony to Aqua class. 😊. What happen was that I notice, after final payment,(hoping for a partial refund) our balcony went down in price. I called and was offered Upgraded room for xtra $200. We decline. A few days later I called back, wondering if they would at least give us a ship board credit. Told us no, but they would put us in Aqua class-- no extra charge. Took it and LOVE it. Well, they had as hook-- next cruise we book Aqua (price difference 2 1/2 years ago, was less than $400). Well, now we have a cruise scheduled for 2017--- this time AQUA class is too much extra ($1,200). However we did get a regular balcony on the slant. With this we have a drink pkg and a OBC of $650. So we will use this to pay for speciality restaurants. Will miss the BLU. But, we are happy with what we have--- and I hear we will have a great cabin and huge balcony.

I will keep watching to see if we can upgrade, buy don't want to give up my extras

I did book direct with Celebrity. Not sure. I think they oversold the guarantee cabins to fill the ship and the Oceanview cabins were sold out for a couple of months. Who knows.

Congrats to the OP. It is great when that happens.

That said, I don't feel we should refer to these as upgrades per se. When you book a guarantee cabin you are guaranteed that cabin level or above. So technically, no, you did not receive an upgrade you just got lucky in the room assignment pool. To me, a real upgrade is when you book a particular cabin and then for free (or perhaps a very low additional cost) you are offered a higher level cabin. That is a true upgrade. I know some may feel I am picking nits, but people get all excited reading these posts thinking Celebrity actually upgrades people. That is an exceedingly rare occurrence, and on the few occasions it does happen (and once in awhile it does, based on reading these boards) it is almost always someone brand new to Celebrity that they are trying to hook by showing them nicer cabins. GTY bookings always have the possibility of a higher level cabin by their nature. Just sayin'

Congrats to the OP. It is great when that happens.

That said, I don't feel we should refer to these as upgrades per se. When you book a guarantee cabin you are guaranteed that cabin level or above. So technically, no, you did not receive an upgrade you just got lucky in the room assignment pool. To me, a real upgrade is when you book a particular cabin and then for free (or perhaps a very low additional cost) you are offered a higher level cabin. That is a true upgrade. I know some may feel I am picking nits, but people get all excited reading these posts thinking Celebrity actually upgrades people. That is an exceedingly rare occurrence, and on the few occasions it does happen (and once in awhile it does, based on reading these boards) it is almost always someone brand new to Celebrity that they are trying to hook by showing them nicer cabins. GTY bookings always have the possibility of a higher level cabin by their nature. Just sayin'

Of course. But you usually don't book a guarantee and move up that many categories. I'm very thankful, Celebrity owes me nothing, but I do feel they treat their captains club members exceedingly well compared to the other cruise lines.

Edited by Toronto Guy

Our very first year we booked 2 1/2 months before our cruise when rooms were aplenty. We chose to book a guaranteed oceanview room and when we got our room assignment 2 days later we were in a veranda. It was a sweet surprise since it was our first time on a cruise.

Best we ever got was a 2D guarantee, and assigned a 1A, Loved it. Just recently we traded our AQ for one of the best S1 cabins, for $25 each, not a true upgrade, of course. Loved every minute in that suite. I love it when people get a good deal. Enjoy your cruise Toronto Guy.

Congrats! That is an awesome gty assignment. Can't get any better, enjoy!!!

On Enchantment went down so low I was able to upgrade to a D2 balcony QTY from our G Cat OV. When they assigned our cabin, they gave us a D1. I did not like the cabin so called and got it moved.

So very happy to have gone from an OV on Deck 4 to a D1 Balcony on Deck 7 so no add'l $$

Now why would a cruise line give you an upgrade when they just sold out that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk