Robe in cabin question..

srsh1

Slippers are not included unless you are Elite or in a Suite

Regardless of someone saying they get them every cruise, slippers are not an Elite benefit.

If someone can supply the URL for the Princess web-site that says slippers are an Elite benefit, I'll eat these bytes ...

i've never gotten slippers, i feel short-changed!

i seem to always get the oft-dried and shrunken robes and they are too small. :o

I've never been in a suite but as an elite level passenger when requested we did receive slippers. Although since we bring our slippahs (AKA flip flops) from home to wear in our cabin & around the ship, we haven't requested the Princess slippers recently. ;)

You may be in luck on your next cruise...our recent cruises on the Crown had the new waffle weave type of robes! :D They're full length, roomy & are much more comfortable than the over-laundered, thin, clingy, short ones in the past.

Edited by Astro Flyer

If you book a suite, you receive "Upgraded terry shawl bathrobes & Slippers". If you're an Elite not in a suite you receive the same bathrobe that everyone else receives - not the "upgraded terry shawl bathrobe" and no slippers.

That must be the main reason to book a suite. I just have to have that upgraded bathrobe and slippers. How could I possibly cruise without them?:rolleyes:

You may be in luck on your next cruise...our recent cruises on the Crown had the new waffle weave type of robes! :D They're full length, roomy & are much more comfortable than the over-laundered, thin, clingy, short ones in the past.

Had the new waffle weave robes on the Coral in December and Emerald in February....much much better than the old ones;)

Had the new waffle weave robes on the Coral in December and Emerald in February....much much better than the old ones;)

Hopefully soon the new robes will be fleetwide because they're definitely much much better & they must have been popular because the gift shop was sold out of them. For $45 it's a souvenir reminder of a cruise that I'd use at home while waiting for my next cruise. :)

i'll find out in less than a month!

if the slippers are one size fits few like the old robes, i don't need to ask for them. oh goodness, i had a vision of me in a too-small robe and too-big slippers. no one needs to see that!

Just got off the Emerald Baltic cruise. Elite status. (Not a suite) Did not ask for slippers but they were waiting on the bed in nice shoe sleeves. Best was the full sized soft robes hanging in the closet. Those robes were $70 in the ship's store.

Pre cruise we stayed at a Marriott in London..got slippers

Post cruise we stayed at a Marriott in Paris..got slippers

Guess what souvenirs I brought home from Europe..LOL

Edited by BRANDEE

Just got off the Emerald Baltic cruise. Elite status. (Not a suite) Did not ask for slippers but they were waiting on the bed in nice shoe sleeves. Best was the full sized soft robes hanging in the closet. Those robes were $70 in the ship's store.

Souvenirs

Maybe tinea,im gueesing.Haha.:eek:

Edited by mrs and mrs

Those robes were $45 on my cruise & are still available to preorder on the Princess website for that price.

Waffle Bathrobe

Lightweight cotton waffle robe with embroidered Princess Cruises logo. Available in white. One size fits all.

Item #5007 - $45.00

Edited by Astro Flyer

Those robes were $45 on my cruise & are still available to preorder on the Princess website for that price.

Waffle Bathrobe

Lightweight cotton waffle robe with embroidered Princess Cruises logo. Available in white. One size fits all.

Item #5007 - $45.00

The robes in our room weren't the lightweight waffles..they were brand new terry cloth. In the ships store there were two robes to choose from..the lightweight for $45 and the terry for $70. If anyone tried to "accidentally " take them home..not only a $140 charge..but needed another suitcase.

Since our cruise did have some colder weather a nice thick terry was nice..but I do prefer the waffle lightweight.