Just curious what you use to keep time in port?

NoJolt4U

There is ships time and there is port time. If your phone is on airplane mode it will stay on your current time but possibly prevent you from seeing the time you may need. They sell dual time zone watches as an option as well. Or do most just set a regular watch to ships time and ignore what clocks say and just go by your watch? Just curious how most keep track to be back on board in time.

A old fashion watch that I have to set manually is my tried and true. Besides that I would use my Samsung gear 2 which syncs to my phone which is in airplane mode once I set sail which prevents my watch from updating to what time my phone finds

I have a very ugly big pink plastic watch I buckle on the strap of my beach bag. Easy to check time and ugly enough nobody wants to snatch it.

Yep, this. Found a basic watch on clearance that goes on my shore bag. Always set to ship's time, because that's what counts!

i just looked at my phone to make sure this was possible. I have a Samsung note 5 and in the settings you can turn off/on for the time to set automatically. Meaning, if you turn this selection off it asks you to set the time that you want and it will stay at that time until you turn the automatically change time back on.

i just looked at my phone to make sure this was possible. I have a Samsung note 5 and in the settings you can turn off/on for the time to set automatically. Meaning, if you turn this selection off it asks you to set the time that you want and it will stay at that time until you turn the automatically change time back on.

I have a Galaxy S6 and you can do the same. There is a built in widget for the clock that you can also display on your screen with dual times for a lot of cities. So between the manual adjustment and that widget I should be good to go. I don't really enjoy wearing a watch and have not owned one that works in years so I think this will be my way to go.

my watch which is set to ships time

Same here which is always the time of your home port. Even though your Captain may occasionally give you the local time as a courtesy' date=' the ship's time never changes on closed loop crui[/i']ses.:)

Wow, can't really believe this question. If you have new technology, i phone 6 or better/comparable there is no need to set anything. Ours change times automatically with the ships/time zone we cross into. When you dock the time on the ship is the same as the port and vice versa. Never have had a problem with our i phones.

Wow, can't really believe this question. If you have new technology, i phone 6 or better/comparable there is no need to set anything. Ours change times automatically with the ships/time zone we cross into. When you dock the time on the ship is the same as the port and vice versa. Never have had a problem with our i phones.

The ship always stays on ship's time which is the same as it was when you left port such as Miami. It will NOT change time to match the local time where the ship docks throughout the cruise. The issue becomes when what you describe happens - the phone automatically adjusts to local time which on Carnival will be incorrect. Other cruise lines may go on local port time, but Carnival does not. Wear a watch or Fitbit type thing and you won't have an issue.

All the cruises I've been on - the ship changes time with the time zones! There's a notification the evening the time is changing to move your clock forward or back - this happened on our round trip cruise to Hawaii, Western Caribbean, Transatlantic cruises - various European ports - I have no idea what you guys are talking about saying the ships time never changes??? This would only happen if you don't change time zones. We've cruised Carnival and Princess.

Same here which is always the time of your home port. Even though your Captain may occasionally give you the local time as a courtesy, the ship's time never changes on closed loop cruises.:)

Yes it can. On the West Coast it changes an hour. HI changed three hours each way.

We use a watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We use our cell phones - the clocks on the ship, the TV and the phone always show the correct time where the ship is located! We use wake up calls for excursion days and it's the PORT time not the time at the home port. I don't understand where the confusion comes in -

There is ships time and there is port time. If your phone is on airplane mode it will stay on your current time but possibly prevent you from seeing the time you may need. They sell dual time zone watches as an option as well. Or do most just set a regular watch to ships time and ignore what clocks say and just go by your watch? Just curious how most keep track to be back on board in time.

This new invention called a watch

Same here which is always the time of your home port. Even though your Captain may occasionally give you the local time as a courtesy, the ship's time never changes on closed loop cruises.:)

Not always true. Alaska on Legend closed loop from Seattle the time changed twice during the cruise to local time, and then changed back to Seattle time. The changes were announced in Fun Times.

I use a clip-on watch like this one. It easily attaches to my bathing suit strap, handbag handle, or beach bag handle.

https://www.amazon.com/Watch-Pocket-compass-Light--Metal/dp/B009JVZO2A/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1470814157&sr=8-9&keywords=clip+on+watch