My Time Dining - Am I Missing Something?

First of all, I know that I do not have to make advance reservations for dining, but after an absolutely horrible dining experience on NCL where we spent ages standing in line to get dinner, I feel happier to have a reservation to fall back on.

Dining reservations opened sometime yesterday PM for our next cruise. When I am trying to make reservations, there are times available in 15 minute slots from 5:30 to 6:30, nothing from 6:30 and 7:45 and then again in 15 minute slots from 7:45 to closing. Do they simply now seat people between 6:30 and 7:45 or are those slots already gone?

I have made reservations for the first three days and I am finding the process a little cumbersome. For every day I have to select the guests, the date and time, check out and then rinse and repeat. Can the reservations really only be done one by one or is there a quicker way of doing this?

Corinna

... I have made reservations for the first three days and I am finding the process a little cumbersome. For every day I have to select the guests, the date and time, check out and then rinse and repeat. Can the reservations really only be done one by one or is there a quicker way of doing this?

Corinna

I have not found a quicker way to make the reservation.

I have not found a quicker way to make the reservation.

Thanks. What a pain! I promised my husband that if My Time Dining works out for us on the Transatlantic then I am going to ask to change for the Transpacific cruise in April. Going through this process 24 times is going to get old really quick.

Corinna

How far in advance do dining reservations open? It's been a long time since we sailed RCCL.

Bon Voyage

Djp

No set time, all you can do is periodically check your Cruise Planner.

How far in advance do dining reservations open? It's been a long time since we sailed RCCL.

Bon Voyage

Djp

For this cruise, it opened up 92 days prior to sailing. We also have a cruise on Explorer for April and dining for this opened a couple of weeks ago.

Corinna

Thanks. What a pain! I promised my husband that if My Time Dining works out for us on the Transatlantic then I am going to ask to change for the Transpacific cruise in April. Going through this process 24 times is going to get old really quick.

Hard to believe no one has written a fold song about the trials and tribulations you have to endure in life...:p

In 2025 when I finally make Diamond + I'll be sitting all by myself in late traditional dining! I guess I'll be the last one to give it up :p

If it was just me, I would be joining you. I much prefer traditional dining. My husband feels different about this. So as I talked him into this bonus cruise, I thought I better humour him.

Corinna

We are trying MTD for the first time on the Harmony TA this fall. We both like traditional late dining. However, the Harmony was going to have DD. While some got into the DD classic they offered, we were too late booking to get that. When they did away with DD they moved us to MTD.

It will be interesting to see if we like it. DH will be happy if it shortens the time for dining.

We are on my time dining for our first cruise with our young son later this month. We plan to head down as soon as the restaurant opens - is it worth booking a time or does it tend to be easy to get a table that early?
In my experience, it is usually easy to get seated early, like within the first half-hour the restaurants are open. However, you might want to make a reservation for the first night, and then see how it goes, and if necessary, make reservations for the remaining nights.

We are trying MTD for the first time on the Harmony TA this fall. We both like traditional late dining. However, the Harmony was going to have DD. While some got into the DD classic they offered, we were too late booking to get that. When they did away with DD they moved us to MTD.

It will be interesting to see if we like it. DH will be happy if it shortens the time for dining.

It usually does.

I think that the TA will be a good place for you to try MTD. There is so much leisure/down time on a TA that there is less pressure with getting on and off the ship, getting back for a dinner time, etc. Much easier to "go with the flow".

I would love to have dinner one night with you guys. ;)

First of all, I know that I do not have to make advance reservations for dining, but after an absolutely horrible dining experience on NCL where we spent ages standing in line to get dinner, I feel happier to have a reservation to fall back on.

Dining reservations opened sometime yesterday PM for our next cruise. When I am trying to make reservations, there are times available in 15 minute slots from 5:30 to 6:30, nothing from 6:30 and 7:45 and then again in 15 minute slots from 7:45 to closing. Do they simply now seat people between 6:30 and 7:45 or are those slots already gone?

I have made reservations for the first three days and I am finding the process a little cumbersome. For every day I have to select the guests, the date and time, check out and then rinse and repeat. Can the reservations really only be done one by one or is there a quicker way of doing this?

Corinna

The people that come in between 5:30 and 6:30 need about 1 1/2 hrs to eat. I never knew they did that, though! We like to eat early.

I made my reservations earlier this week. You can select to display all days at once so you don't need to save/select each day. Then it took me to probably Day 6 of 12 before I noticed that after you select the names, there's a checkbox that appears underneath to select those people for all days. You still then had to select the time for each day--no option to just select the same time every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In my experience, it is usually easy to get seated early, like within the first half-hour the restaurants are open. However, you might want to make a reservation for the first night, and then see how it goes, and if necessary, make reservations for the remaining nights.

Thanks, I'm going to do as you say then decide about the rest of the trip once we are onboard. I'm expecting a time change as well so he might be happy eating slightly later since it will seem the same time to him, will see how that goes before booking any later nights

I made my reservations earlier this week. You can select to display all days at once so you don't need to save/select each day. Then it took me to probably Day 6 of 12 before I noticed that after you select the names, there's a checkbox that appears underneath to select those people for all days. You still then had to select the time for each day--no option to just select the same time every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks. I found this option and have now made my reservations.

Corinna

We are on my time dining for our first cruise with our young son later this month. We plan to head down as soon as the restaurant opens - is it worth booking a time or does it tend to be easy to get a table that early?

It depends on the ship. The only time we had to wait without a reservation was on an Oasis Class ship. Even then it wasn't every night. Haven't sailed a Quantum Class so I can't help there but never waited on Freedom or Radiance Class ships. We went anytime between 5:30 and 7:00pm. It could be the luck of the draw but who knows.

Edited by Big_G