Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?

mscdivina2016

Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?  

413 members have voted

1. 1. Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?

• NO
    • Yes but only with adult supervision at all times
    • Yes but with Adults only times for the pool
    • Yes, but not in the pool
    • yes, but have an attendant on duty who is not tipped

Mine were 2/$1 at Walmart. :p

(nobody in the Haven cared/judged/shamed at all)

I paid at least $32.99 for my Crocs so I hope there's a special section reserved for me. I'll make the kids sit in your area though since they do have the $3.99 Old Navy flip flops.

You and I are two peas in a pod! I live next door to a house with 5 young kids who are outside playing ALL the time (If I had 5 young kids they would be outside playing too, but I digress :)) I swear, their favorite thing to do is ride their bigwheels and bikes back and forth in front of my house SCREECHING at the top of their lungs. Not to each other, not to anyone in particular, just screeching. It is unbelievably grating and annoying. I can't figure out what they are trying to prove, or what the reason for the noise is, but it is constant and awful. I see that a lot on cruises, too; children running around the pool screeching to no one in particular. Parents, please try to teach your children not to screech!!!

I don't know why kids do this. My three and five year old granddaughters do it also. They screech, sometimes just because. Our daughter is quite wealthy and the kids are otherwise well behaved and courteous. Like fingers on a blackboard.

What someone pays doesn't dictate their behavior.

You might get obnoxious people (adults or kids) that paid full price for the DOS. You might get a family that saved for 2 years to get into the Haven who are wonderful people.

Words of wisdom.

Where is the LIKE button.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Two wheels, you're correct, I was judging them on bring so judgemental. Lol

I was just shocked that anyone thinks that paying full price in haven is what makes them acceptable.

Oh my, I hope I get to meet them on Oceania but I suspect that Cunard is more to their liking. Segregated by what you paid, perfect!🙄

I'll be wearing my Crocs and Kohl's clothing in the Haven too. I do so hope nobody mistakes me for one of those low paying riff raff folks because I am not wearing Chanel and Louboutin shoes. Should I make up special shirts stating we paid full fare so we're not confused with those other folks????

how would one even recognize such brands? are there people out there that really know this stuff? if so, wow. my brain's capacity can be used for greater good than knowing what brands of shoes look like.

after reading this i did a mental review of haven last week. i didnt notice anyone wearing anything bad at all. then again, i dont really look to judge that. i wonder what they thought of me with my cheap flip flops and older tshirt on my way to get in a hot tub :) thankfully i had on a US polo swim truck..whew

regarding the child question i did feel bad. one day a kid and dad were in the adult hot tub , no one was in the other. attendant made them get out. i dont think anyone complained either but i cannot be sure as i was watching from 2nd floor. for the record i had no idea how many kids were even in haven until i attended a dinner there. apparently zero come out for breakfast, which i had most days there. but in dinner they allllll came out. there were about 4 or 5 of them..horrors!!!:D

at no time did any child lessen my experience than haven. that being said, a friend was on a b2b and said the previous week there were many more.

I paid at least $32.99 for my Crocs so I hope there's a special section reserved for me. I'll make the kids sit in your area though since they do have the $3.99 Old Navy flip flops.

I got my Crocs off Kohl's clearance rack $14. :D

Edited by biker@sea

I got my Crocs off Kohl's clearance rack $14. :D

So you have riff raff Crocs while I am wearing full price Crocs. Sigh. Now I'll have no hope of "those people" knowing I paid full price for my ugly plastic shoes and my cruise. :mad::mad:

Your full-price Crocs don't have to socialize with those upsell Crocs.:p

The problem is that I will have no clue if I am socializing with pure Crocs or those upsell Crocs. Maybe NCL should make people wear a scarlet U so we will be able to recognize the riff raff.

Two wheels, you're correct, I was judging them on bring so judgemental. Lol

I was just shocked that anyone thinks that paying full price in haven is what makes them acceptable.

Oh my, I hope I get to meet them on Oceania but I suspect that Cunard is more to their liking. Segregated by what you paid, perfect![/quote

People down the street from me drive gorgeous expensive cars. Their house is something out of Better Homes and Gardens They are always on some type of fancy vacation. We are Facebook friends so I see all the pics. Last week drove by the house and they had a foreclosure paper and two warning tags from the water and electric company on their door .

Sometimes its all smoke and mirrors

Edited by babyher

The problem is that I will have no clue if I am socializing with pure Crocs or those upsell Crocs. Maybe NCL should make people wear a scarlet U so we will be able to recognize the riff raff.

um didnt you bring your portable blacklight? the butlers spray each door with invisible ink that easily washes away on the last day of the cruise. F or U

Full price

Upsell price

If I have 2 stars on my belly am I a better Sneech than a one star belly?

It is so funny most folks on here and I would put it at a very high percentage only do upsell haven. So I do not know why everyone thinks other wise.

Think about it everyone on here knows a lot about cruising and do multiple cruises a year.

They also know if they book a balcony room and wait till 2 weeks before the cruise they can get a heavily discounted haven room.

This is nothing to be ashamed of this is just smart.

They charge way too much for a haven non discounted. And to me it is not worth the price.

All of my suites have been discounted and if they were not I would be in a regular balcony like everyone else. Folks that say I would never go unless I had a haven room are not being honest.

The ones that go on and on about there butler service or get all crazy about there upsell are going to be real upset when the bidding starts. because this will take away a lot of the haven rooms that these folks can afford.

NCL knows this and they will make more money doing it.

Just like most folks on here did not even think about NCL until the UBP came out. Cause the drink prices now are way to expensive to have to pay full price.

Oh and I will add that I was a bit distracted by one of the most whiny, complaint laden individuals I have every encountered on a cruise ship. Whenever you saw this person coming, you knew they were heading to make a complaint to anyone in charge.

Oh and I will add that I was a bit distracted by one of the most whiny, complaint laden individuals I have every encountered on a cruise ship. Whenever you saw this person coming, you knew they were heading to make a complaint to anyone in charge.

wonder if it was the same guy during disembark that bitched about the family cutting in front of him in line. i'm not confrontational but i wanted to say 'you are such a whiny baby, how did you get out of guppies'

who really cares if they did cut in front of you. get your lazy ass to self disembark if you want out first.

wonder if it was the same guy during disembark that bitched about the family cutting in front of him in line. i'm not confrontational but i wanted to say 'you are such a whiny baby, how did you get out of guppies'

who really cares if they did cut in front of you. get your lazy ass to self disembark if you want out first.

I am not this guy. But, man, I hate line cutters. And it pisses me off when people just let them do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we disembarked Breakaway a few weeks ago I was at the top of the escalator and we were stopped I think because there were too many people down where the luggage is. Then when it started up they let a family go through first, I guess maybe Haven passengers. I didn't mind one bit, literally held us up 2 seconds, but the guy behind me was bitching. He was saying Oh special people and one of the guys in the group said I like to be special at least once in my life. The guy bitching was complaining when the line stopped the first time because he had a bus to catch to the airport. He was such a arrogant jerk this guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

When we disembarked Breakaway a few weeks ago I was at the top of the escalator and we were stopped I think because there were too many people down where the luggage is. Then when it started up they let a family go through first, I guess maybe Haven passengers. I didn't mind one bit, literally held us up 2 seconds, but the guy behind me was bitching. He was saying Oh special people and one of the guys in the group said I like to be special at least once in my life. The guy bitching was complaining when the line stopped the first time because he had a bus to catch to the airport. He was such a arrogant jerk this guy.

wow this guy was on your cruise too.

i didnt wanna muddle the waters but to be complete i have to. the family that 'cut the line' actually wheeled their wheelchair and 5 other family members to the haven lounge, saw there was no room then came back up 'front' near the stairs to the lower haven level. they parked grandma facing a wall because there was no other place to put her. to top if off when we did go to the elevator. the family wasnt ready to be mobile yet so the guy actually got to go in the 1st elevator while the 6 person family gathered their things. but did he actually go?

NO!!! he stood to the side of the elevator and said i have to wait for my family. i also wanted to note that the guy got there AFTER us so he was a line cutter too. but heck no would i point that out to him. i'm not that stupid.

i wouldnt have cared to be 1st or last. doesnt matter to me. as long as i avoided the wait snaking up and down hallways and on steps is all i cared about. the elevators and luggage areas were empty just after 9 when we got down there and the regular passenger 'snake line' was probably just 25% deep in capacity. didnt seem bad at all

if i ever do non haven id seriously consider walkoff. and pack appropriately

That is a CRAZY story. The guy that was annoying directly behind me had a very distinct jacket on. Like it was a yacht sailing jacket or Porsche jacket or maybe Polo jacket but I think it was something to do with Yacht racing. I thought to myself, this guy should have had a nice Haven room and had priority disembarkation. I was like what is this guy doing with us schlubs. Then he started bitching about having to get a bus to an Airport. Then he got mad because one family, just one went through the ropes and went down the escalator a half second before we did. This guy was a total jerk. He was the type a guy usually 2 or 3 times on a cruise I see abusing staff and I want to punch them in the mouth. It happens on every cruise, and I have to breath out and walk away. When I see someone abusing crew members on a cruise ship I get insanely pissed off.

Edited by JAMESCC

only time i saw abuse of crew is during haven send off. a woman made a rude statement or gesture to get the server over with sliders/drinks to her 'group'.

if i saw anything else that would bug me too. i saw everyone trying hard and all the negative posts on this forum did not apply to my cruise. i'm very happy and cannot wait to go back.