Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?

mscdivina2016

Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?  

413 members have voted

1. 1. Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?

• NO
    • Yes but only with adult supervision at all times
    • Yes but with Adults only times for the pool
    • Yes, but not in the pool
    • yes, but have an attendant on duty who is not tipped

Does this mean NCL should ban loud, obnoxious adults as well?

It's not "kids" that are the problem. If someone has a problem with kids, that's their own issue.

Behavior? That's a different story all together. There are plenty of adults that are much more rude and annoying than my two kids are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Posh no. Spa has a hydro therapy pool (giant jacuzzi with hot bubbling fresh water).

So, really... telling people they can substitute the Haven for Posh or the spa does not really give them a similar alternative, right? That's like telling them to stay in their cabin.

Does this mean NCL should ban loud, obnoxious adults as well?

It's not "kids" that are the problem. If someone has a problem with kids, that's their own issue.

Behavior? That's a different story all together. There are plenty of adults that are much more rude and annoying than my two kids are.

Sadly this is true. While kids can be active and loud, they are not "drunk loud".

I do not mind kids having fun. I enjoy that. But if kids or adults become so loud that my headphones cannot block the noise it is worrisome. Fortunately, I have not encountered that.

So, really... telling people they can substitute the Haven for Posh or the spa does not really give them a similar alternative, right? That's like telling them to stay in their cabin.

The person who asked the question (Justaddvodka68) was looking for adult-only areas on the mega-ships. I gave examples to suit the question.

I never claimed that they were a Haven substitute.

If the Haven attendant didn't do anything, did you escalate your issue further up the chain of command? If you did and they did nothing, then I would suggest a letter/email to corporate advising them that the ship's personnel is not making an effort to make sure all passengers have a great experience in the Haven.

And that would address your issue at that time how?? Do you expect a free cruise later, after sending the letter? A letter does not fix the issue right then and there.

Like having road service for your car and you experience a break down in the middle of no where and can't get service. Sure you can speak to the phone operator, than their supervisor, but sending a letter later??:rolleyes:

We loved the Haven on the Gem a few years back. But we book during school season. Doing this we had a couple of younger children but they were supervised. A little loud having fun but hey it was their vacation also and nothing over the top.

That said we were told by another couple who were on the week prior some horror stories as it was the week before school started.

So pick your times if you don't mind children taking over pools & hot tub (even adult only areas) go in the summer. If you want a quieter trip pick a time they are in school for the most part.

Ever try a TA either spring or fall repo cruises have very few if any kids or even college kids (loud drinking types).

Edited by latebloomer56
spelling

And that would address your issue at that time how?? Do you expect a free cruise later, after sending the letter? A letter does not fix the issue right then and there.

Like having road service for your car and you experience a break down in the middle of no where and can't get service. Sure you can speak to the phone operator, than their supervisor, but sending a letter later??:rolleyes:

Well, if one has exhausted every avenue in trying to resolve an issue with the children and the cruise line does nothing (not saying that the children were being nothing more than children [we weren't on the cruise so we don't know the extent of the behavior], which could be why it was not corrected in the first place), at least by voicing concerns to corporate, possibly the cruise line will address the issues on future sailings and when and if the person comes back, there will be a more enjoyable experience in the Haven and the person is doing a good thing for future cruisers as well. And no, they should not expect anything in return, except for possibly "thank you for bringing this to our attention."

I think, not saying that the poster I responded to is one, a lot of folks get totally upset if a child raises their voice or acts like a child. I don't like unruly children, but I've got no problem with children being children and that means voices are raised, they run, they splash, etc. Some folks just need to remember what it was like to be a child on vacation and give them a little slack.

If someone does nothing, they are part of the problem, not the solution!!!:rolleyes:

Posh is my favourite place to be. There's an elevator from Posh down to the pool if you need to cool off. They do have the misters fixed in Posh now so you can cool off there too. The views are fantastic, always a breeze unlike the Haven and the bar service is fantastic.

I can't wait to get to Posh for my TA in a few weeks. It's my happy place, along with the W Barcelona, and I get to have both soon!

Edited by SuiteCruiser

Well, if one has exhausted every avenue in trying to resolve an issue with the children and the cruise line does nothing (not saying that the children were being nothing more than children [we weren't on the cruise so we don't know the extent of the behavior], which could be why it was not corrected in the first place), at least by voicing concerns to corporate, possibly the cruise line will address the issues on future sailings and when and if the person comes back, there will be a more enjoyable experience in the Haven and the person is doing a good thing for future cruisers as well. And no, they should not expect anything in return, except for possibly "thank you for bringing this to our attention."

I think, not saying that the poster I responded to is one, a lot of folks get totally upset if a child raises their voice or acts like a child. I don't like unruly children, but I've got no problem with children being children and that means voices are raised, they run, they splash, etc. Some folks just need to remember what it was like to be a child on vacation and give them a little slack.

If someone does nothing, they are part of the problem, not the solution!!!:rolleyes:

Well said!

The real question is: should parents who can't manage their children be allowed in the

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Let's take this one step farther-should parents who can not ( or will not) manage their children be allowed on the ship. I have seen an au pair taking children to dinner but I wonder how many families can afford to do this. So I guess we just have to say yes to children.

Posh is my favourite place to be. There's an elevator from Posh down to the pool if you need to cool off. They do have the misters fixed in Posh now so you can cool off there too. The views are fantastic, always a breeze unlike the Haven and the bar service is fantastic.

I can't wait to get to Posh for my TA in a few weeks. It's my happy place, along with the W Barcelona, and I get to have both soon!

If you can get it.

Don't you have to practically RUN to get one of the 100 Posh passes.?

Sadly this is true. While kids can be active and loud, they are not "drunk loud".

I do not mind kids having fun. I enjoy that. But if kids or adults become so loud that my headphones cannot block the noise it is worrisome. Fortunately, I have not encountered that.

I'm completely the opposite. I would much rather hear adults being loud than the high-pitched screeching that children seem to favor these days. It makes me want to jump overboard!

If you can get it.

Don't you have to practically RUN to get one of the 100 Posh passes.?

If you're in the Haven, it's included. It's different than the way Vibe is on BA, GA and Escape. They sell around 20 passes per week for people not in the Haven

Edited by SuiteCruiser

What is Posh please?

Posh is a private area of the ship for Haven passengers. There is a lot of comfortable seating, loungers and there is a bar with amazing bar service. You look over the ocean and the main pool deck.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

Let's take this one step farther-should parents who can not ( or will not) manage their children be allowed on the ship. I have seen an au pair taking children to dinner but I wonder how many families can afford to do this. So I guess we just have to say yes to children.

What is Au Pair?

Posh is a private area of the ship for Haven passengers. There is a lot of comfortable seating, loungers and there is a bar with amazing bar service. You look over the ocean and the main pool deck.

Sounds wonderful, but the Getaway does not have one does it? Otherwise I missed out!

If you're in the Haven, it's included. It's different than the way Vibe is on BA, GA and Escape. They sell around 20 passes per week for people not in the Haven

OK, I got confused with Posh and Vibe.

Thanks for clarifying. So Posh is adults only?

Thank you! Between Haven, spa (w/passes purchased) and POSH, (included on Epic with Haven, right?)... I think we will have great options.

I'm completely the opposite. I would much rather hear adults being loud than the high-pitched screeching that children seem to favor these days. It makes me want to jump overboard!

I'm the same. Honestly, the noise makes me so tense it's 99% of the reason I ever end up in these threads (I am "childfree" but not a kid hater.) I was at a zoo today and many of the kids (6-8 year olds, not toddlers) were doing that screech thing, and I was wondering how I ever spent so many years doing the Disney parks when that noise makes me want to pop a Xanax and get a neck massage. Are kids of the snowflake generation just given more free rein to scream like maniacs in public now or did my hearing just get more sensitive? I have no idea. Had some kids scream like that through all our MDR dinner on Disney (again, circa 8 years old, not toddlers), parents looked on adoringly. Never again on DCL.

(I do take some responsibility for my own sanity--earbuds with good isolation and a white noise app on my phone. Unfortunately this means my situational awareness is somewhat reduced due to not being able to hear ANYTHING that's going on around me.)

Edited by AdoraBelle

Why would parents even bring their kids on vacation if they don't actually want to spend time with them? Why not just leave them home with an Au Pair in the first place?