Complimentary bottle of bubbly in Aqua rooms?

arsesta

Hi all! Will be getting on the Reflection in about a month for a Eastern med cruise. Excited about Aqua class room and was looking forward to that complimentary bottle of bubbly in our room. Just checked Celebrity website today but this was taken out of the room description. Anyone in Aqua class rooms recently that can report back? Is that gone too in addition to the bottles of water??? What else have they cut out? Thanks!

It is still there! Don't worry.

The only thing that is rubish (a word used before) is the website.

You can basically say that you have all the CC perks plus the once listed under AQ - with the exception of lunch at embarkation in MDR.

Hi all! Will be getting on the Reflection in about a month for a Eastern med cruise. Excited about Aqua class room and was looking forward to that complimentary bottle of bubbly in our room. Just checked Celebrity website today but this was taken out of the room description. Anyone in Aqua class rooms recently that can report back? Is that gone too in addition to the bottles of water??? What else have they cut out? Thanks!

We had the sparkling wine in Aqua on our cruise in May (and it wasn't listed as an amenity then either). Despite it being called "rubbish", we are easy to please and enjoy this perk. Nothing else has been eliminated that we noticed. We did get fresh flowers in our stateroom and that was totally unexpected. Maybe that was some kind of loyalty perk, I don't know.

Edited by El Crucero

The wine you get is something like this stuff. Note the price.

J Roget Brut

(5 Reviews)

California Champagne & Sparkling Wine Sparkling Wine

$ 4.04

$ 4.49

750ml

per bottle

This sparkler is medium-dry with crisp fruit flavors. The aromas of apple and pear are balanced with a bouquet of toasty yeast notes and floral nuances.

DON

The bottle of sparkling wine is not worth much dollarwise but is nice to receive.

Ask your steward to have it iced for you and have it with pre-dinner apps on your verandah one night. Just call room service for some cheeses and some shrimp.

Nibble a shrimp while your wife nibbles your ear. You might not make it to dinner that night! All because of that free bottle of sparkling wine!

As WestLakeGirl says, we order in breakfast room service and make mimosas on our first sea day.

The other thing many do not know is that you can bring it with you to Blu and ask the Sommelier to exchange it on a different bottle of wine. It has a 'value' of around $40, so if you order a $50 bottle, you only have to pay the $10 (+ grats). It is a nice way to try a different wine that is only available by the bottle.

It isn't my "cup of tea" by itself, but some like it.....I don't refer to it as "rubbish" tho.....:cool:

As WestLakeGirl says, we order in breakfast room service and make mimosas on our first sea day.

The other thing many do not know is that you can bring it with you to Blu and ask the Sommelier to exchange it on a different bottle of wine. It has a 'value' of around $40, so if you order a $50 bottle, you only have to pay the $10 (+ grats). It is a nice way to try a different wine that is only available by the bottle.

It isn't my "cup of tea" by itself, but some like it.....I don't refer to it as "rubbish" tho.....:cool:

I never knew this, thanks for letting us know. We never get the drink package.

My main complaint about the bubbly is you have to drink it all when you open it. If I exchange in BLU for relatively decent bottle of wine and have it during dinner, that would work for me.

I do think it's a nice gesture and please don't give Celebrity any ideas because this will turn out like the bottle water.

We had the fizz on Eclipse in June, as stated by others, we waited a couple of nights and then asked the Sommelier in Blu if we could swap it.

No problem.

We also didnt care for the cold tea, so our room attendant brought us a jug of water each day instead. This was very welcome as the daily comp water has gone.

Enjoy your cruise!

Jen

Thanks for your tip.

The other thing many do not know is that you can bring it with you to Blu and ask the Sommelier to exchange it on a different bottle of wine. It has a 'value' of around $40, so if you order a $50 bottle, you only have to pay the $10 (+ grats).

Our experience over many cruises is that the value of the sparkling wine is $28 plus or minus a couple of dollars depending on the sommelier...it's not fixed, in fact, I believe they aren't actually supposed to do it so they are doing you a favor. We had one cruise where the sommelier would only do an equal exchange...for a bottle of house red or white.

I would suggest that if you want to exchange the bottle in the dining room, you ask the first night (without the bottle in hand) and then if the sommelier says says OK...bring it the second night. Also, don't leave the bottle in the ice or water...the label will come off and then it has no value for trading.

Our experience over many cruises is that the value of the sparkling wine is $28 plus or minus a couple of dollars depending on the sommelier...it's not fixed, in fact, I believe they aren't actually supposed to do it so they are doing you a favor. We had one cruise where the sommelier would only do an equal exchange...for a bottle of house red or white.

I would suggest that if you want to exchange the bottle in the dining room, you ask the first night (without the bottle in hand) and then if the sommelier says says OK...bring it the second night.

Also, don't leave the bottle in the ice or water...the label will come off and then it has no value for trading.

You are right! Often overlooked. Thanks.