Toiletries

Sascol

1 tube of lotion, 1 small round cake of hand soap, and in the shower in a wall mounted dispenser - body wash and shampoo/conditioner.

Lots of complaints about the changes.

If you need more soap, just ask for it.

If the shampoo/conditioner doesn't seem like it would work for you, bring your own. The shampoo/conditioner is probably OK for most men, but women complain loud & long about it.

I bring my own conditioner and use the shampoo on the wall for the shampooing part of the rub a dub.

No, it is not separate shampoo and conditioner. It is one of those "combined" products, and it is rather crummy. But as others have noted, it is easy to bring your own in a travel size. The lotion is decent quality and your steward will supply more if needed.

There is one little round of soap, but you can get more. The body wash is OK, but certainly not very good quality.

There's one dispenser in the shower for body soap and one dispenser for shampoo and conditioner. As stated here, bring your own shampoo and conditioner if you're picky about your hair. I bring the small bars of soap home and use the body wash to wash my hands at the sink on board. I use the lotion to massage my feet and it's good lotion. I give my cabin steward an extra tip to leave me soap and lotion.

Edited by elliair

I never use the dispenser stuff. To me, it's tacky and I don't want to use something on the wall like its a public bathroom.

I now bring my own shampoo and conditioner in a small container and use the small bars of soap. I ask for extras so I have one at the sink and one for the shower.

a5221670dfbc37f3579d4a88b01e8749.jpg

Both DH and I always pack our own shampoo, conditioner, body wash and moisturizer. Love those small travel size specialty soaps from Bath & Body.

If you have time pre-cruise, or arriving a few days early, then swing by a CVS or supermarket and checkout the variety of travel size personal care products. Anything is better than the stuff provided on the ship.

Darcy

Are the items you mentioned provided in all cabins or do suites get upgraded products?

All suite and elite passenger receive a little gold bag with separate shampoo and conditioner, an emery board, cotton balls, q-tips, lotion, soap, loofah, eye mask, and shower cap. If you don't receive it, just ask your cabin steward.

Are the items you mentioned provided in all cabins or do suites get upgraded products?

Suites get upgraded products. Our cabin steward was so sweet, he gave us a package that they give to suite passengers. I brought it home and used it. Reminded me of being on a cruise.:p

All suite and elite passenger receive a little gold bag with separate shampoo and conditioner, an emery board, cotton balls, q-tips, lotion, soap, loofah, eye mask, and shower cap. If you don't receive it, just ask your cabin steward.

Since the advent of the public pump bottles, my little elite bag has never had shampoo and conditioner in it. Maybe it's different for elites in suites.

Since the advent of the public pump bottles, my little elite bag has never had shampoo and conditioner in it. Maybe it's different for elites in suites.

We had a balcony on the Grand in January, and another balcony on the Ruby in April. Both times we received a separate shampoo and conditioner. I bring them home and put them in the guest bathroom. Maybe the ship/ships that you were on ran out? Some of the cruises that we have been on have had over 1,000 elite members. I wonder how they stock so many of those little bags? I forgot to add that the bags also have fabric refresher spray in them.

The body wash is good for washing out socks. :)

Wow!! I thought I was the only one who used it for that. :D :D

Tony

I think I have learned another reason why I don't want to be trying

to sanitize a refillable water bottle in the cabin sink while on a cruise!

Edited by pablo222