Promotions with Princess

Thechamp555

I have no experience with the promotions from Princess, but according to you.

Does Princess have sometimes promotions that would include the drinks package like Celebrity has most of the time ?

Thanks

Thechamp555

One just ended September 1st - called Sip and Sail

Now they have one called 3 for free - but no free drink package in this one - free gratuities, free OBC and free "upgrade"

I have no experience with the promotions from Princess, but according to you.

Does Princess have sometimes promotions that would include the drinks package like Celebrity has most of the time ?

Thanks

Thechamp555

It seems like they always have some sort of promotion going, and yes, some of them include a complimentary beverage package. As noted above, that one just ended.

The next time Sip n Sail comes out, a cruise in January of 2018 will not be covered. History tells us it will be offered on voyages from Fall 2018 through Spring 2019, just like the one that just ended was for cruises Fall 2017-Spring 2018.

Plenty of time to wait for the return of this promotion because the cruise we are looking to go only in January 2018.

10 days in Southern Carribean ...

Thechamp555

I don't know what type of cabin you're considering but the most recent promotion that included the all inclusive drink package was only valid for balcony, minisuite & full suite cabins.

My intentions was interior or balcony.

I will call them to learn more about the actual and future promotions.

Like many businesses, calling Princess doesn't always ensure receiving accurate information from their employees. I've read posts where some have received misinformation for the new promotion & hopefully you'll receive accurate information about future promotions but that's doubtful to me.

I receive advance notice several weeks in advance from posts on CC by those who are apparently TAs or when my TA emails me the advance notice information she receives from Princess. Although some things can be modified before a promotion begins such as the current one that originally said OBC was based on the length of the cruise & type of cabin booked and in reality it's only based on the length of the cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Now they have one called 3 for free - but no free drink package in this one - free gratuities, free OBC and free "upgrade"

Can you still get shareholder OBC on top of 3 For Free promo? It'd be one heck of a deal if you can.

You will not receive any information regarding future promos. You can find out which voyages are eligible for the current 3 for free by going to the Princess.com web site and searching for cruises that interest you. This would be a lot easier than calling.

Regarding the Sip & Sail promo that just ended, if my memory is correct you had to book a balcony cat. or higher to get the promo. Interiors were not included.

Can you still get shareholder OBC on top of 3 For Free promo? It'd be one heck of a deal if you can.

Yes and also military & FCD OBCs...that's a total of $950 for our 15-day cruise plus some from our TA & nearly $400 in free tips. :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

"Many" or even "most" of the promos don't include anything below a balcony. Sometimes they do but never for something like the beverage package.

Plenty of time to wait for the return of this promotion because the cruise we are looking to go only in January 2018.

10 days in Southern Carribean ...

Thechamp555

They do it once a year and it just ended. I previously booked and then rebooked it saving about $7500 for the drink packagc cheers

Yes they do. But these promotions are offered only on a limited time and coverage.

You can check the earlier posts which sale may be of your interest, or wait for forthcoming ones.

I have contacted Princess and their response was that they don't know when it will be back. Maybe the next Black friday :) ??

Int will be a wait and see, no problem !

If you wait for this particular promotion, better plan on the end of 2018 to 2019. There's already a good promotion.... Princess has offered this last year for 2016/1, in July, they offered it for 201/18. If you wait, you very likely won't get it and lose this very good promotion. But if you want to wait, by all means.... I personally wouldn't wait for something that may or may not be offered again.

I have contacted Princess and their response was that they don't know when it will be back. Maybe the next Black friday :) ??

Int will be a wait and see, no problem !

Even if they have the promotion scheduled they are not going to tell you as that would mean you might hold off booking (and in the meantime find a cruise on another line). They want you to lock in your money with them by booking now.

I've never seen the Sip & Sail promo for Princess sales in Australia. There's a current promo though that offers up to $1000 off EZAIR flights. As yet no one at Princess Australia can explain how it will work for us. They'll know in late October apparently, even though they're taking bookings based on that promo at the moment.

I booked a cruise a few months ago with Princess- if I switched to current promotion, cruise would actually cost $68 more-- When you decide to book, just put down the deposit to hold the cabin you want, and then keep watching for a better deal-- sometimes it really is a better deal, other times you are paying more for that deal---

-- When you decide to book, just put down the deposit to hold the cabin you want, and then keep watching for a better deal-- sometimes it really is a better deal, other times you are paying more for that deal---

That's the beauty of current 3 For Three promo. Deposit is only $200 and fully refundable up to final payment date. Risk free + you lock up the perks, cabin location and price. There is no reason to wait.