Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I wouldn't expect them to leave on thanksgiving day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't I mean within a few days so we can spend some time in New York first sorry I didn't make that clear.

We done a transatlantic from Malaga to San juan a few years ago then flew up to Nyc and it was Thanksgiving. We had 4 nights and flew home o black Friday

Sent from my E5823 using Forums mobile app

Sounds fab Ncl escape is sailing on the 25th of November and we looked at that sailing but we would rather do anthem so are impatiently waiting for the itineraries [emoji51]

Adventure will be sailing out of Southampton for the UK summer season until November 5th 2018, when she does the TA via Boston/New York back to Miami arriving 18th Nov.

Some very good prices at the moment in the UK for the TA, around half those for the near identical crossing on Celebrity Silhouette!.

Forget any reference to Adventure above! Silly me should of course be Navigator, my bad.

Wish Adventure would stay in Florida and send Jersey an Oasis class. The only way i would take a cruise out of NJ is if i lived within 50 miles of the port or wanted to do a Canadian coastal cruise.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Wish Adventure would stay in Florida and send Jersey an Oasis class. The only way i would take a cruise out of NJ is if i lived within 50 miles of the port or wanted to do a Canadian coastal cruise.

Totally agree.

I agree about the port, but Oasis class can't get under the bridge I don't think? And if I lived there I'd rather be on Adventure than Anthem.

I agree Oasis class cannot get under the bridge.

Is there a ship where the stacks can go down? I don't know why I think that there a ship like that, no one I asked knew. Still if it is Oasis class, it still wouldn't make it. But is there a ship with retractable stacks?

Is there a ship where the stacks can go down? I don't know why I think that there a ship like that, no one I asked knew. Still if it is Oasis class, it still wouldn't make it. But is there a ship with retractable stacks?

Oasis class has retractable stacks. However, I get the impression that those were for one-time use to get under the Great Belt bridge in Europe and it's not as easy as electric windows in a car.

The Quantum has retractable stacks so I am guessing the Anthem does as well. They don't retract them to clear the Verrazano Narrows Bridge tho.

Do the prices for summer 2018 seem higher than normal, or is it just me, of course I'm looking at Harmony

A few examples we have seen:

We booked a Crown Loft on Oasis on April 2, 2016 for a cruise on January 21, 2018. Price was $5,678 for 2 all in with D discount. It's almost April 2, 2017 and that Crown Loft for January 20, 2019 is over $7500.

We booked a balcony on Oasis on August 17, 2016 for a cruise on August 13, 2017. Price was a little under $2100 for 2. A balcony on the August 12, 2018 Oasis is about $2600 for 2.

Prices do seem higher than last year, especially JS and up.

mac_tlc

Does anyone know if the Brilliance will still be doing 4 and 5 day trips out of Tampa the end of 2018 or are they switching to 7 night sailings? I know they are doing a couple of 7 night ones this year.

Yes. Brilliance doing 4/5/5 nighters. Rhapsody doing the 7 nighters out of TPA

As I am not a fan of the larger ships, I'm anxiously awaiting the Adventure itineraries - it will be nice to have a Voyager class ship back in Bayonne. Based on the other releases (which I have not been following) anyone have any idea what time she will open up in EST?

We are about 70 miles away and love sailing out of NJ. There is something to be said about driving to the port, handing them any big bags and rolling your carry-on bags on board with no airports involved. We don't do it often but do love the convenience.

Do the prices for summer 2018 seem higher than normal, or is it just me, of course I'm looking at Harmony

Yes, it sure looks that way, and it's not just the summer itineraries. Two of us were on Harmony last month in an L1 Loft for less than $4800 total, and that deal came with $300 in OBC. It was booked about 20 months in advance though. Was hoping the 2018 - 2019 Harmony or Symphony prices would be similar, but no such luck, at least not that I've seen yet.

Thanks I was thinking that they might do 7 night trips from Sept-Dec until the RH comes over in December

Brilliance will be due for dry dock in 2018, I'm guessing she will go at some point during that time.

There wasn't any indication in the press release that Brilliance would do the 7 nighters but I agree with you.

Checked on a 4 night Symphony sailing yesterday. Over $6,000 for a GS. Decided to try Celebrity for 2018.

Yes, it sure looks that way, and it's not just the summer itineraries. Two of us were on Harmony last month in an L1 Loft for less than $4800 total, and that deal came with $300 in OBC. It was booked about 20 months in advance though. Was hoping the 2018 - 2019 Harmony or Symphony prices would be similar, but no such luck, at least not that I've seen yet.

Brilliance will be due for dry dock in 2018, I'm guessing she will go at some point during that time.

There wasn't any indication in the press release that Brilliance would do the 7 nighters but I agree with you.

Hopefully we will know in a few days