Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I don't think many others would have thought to inquire about GS either after managing to secure 1100. We've tried GS twice on long itineraries and overall, still prefer JS, although on a ship with a Suite Lounge I would happily take the higher category, especially for nearly the same price :cool:

Never had a Gs before. It would have been nice to try it. Might have got 1600 as I did book as they cone out. 1100 is usually the first cabin I ask for.

Can't complain, just have to slum it in 1100

Sent from my E5823 using Forums mobile app

Never had a Gs before. It would have been nice to try it. Might have got 1600 as I did book as they cone out. 1100 is usually the first cabin I ask for.

I got 9256 right under you...

I originally booked one of those GSs for $3950 and thought my DW would be ecstatic. After looking at the video of the cabin on YouTube she asked me if I could change it to a regular cabin on the aft. I was surprised that 9256 was still there.

Been married over 30 years and I still never know what is really going on in her head. It keeps our marriage exciting and fresh....[emoji2]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I don't think many others would have thought to inquire about GS either after managing to secure 1100. We've tried GS twice on long itineraries and overall, still prefer JS, although on a ship with a Suite Lounge I would happily take the higher category, especially for nearly the same price :cool:

Laura thought GS on her fall Jewel TA was to much shade. Preferred her aft JS the week before. The suite party was nice, though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I've heard 1600 is a bit odd

Here is 1600 on Serenade....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

It is a bit odd shaped for a room. Ironically, these are friends of ours and we were on this sailing with them in Dec 2013 on Serenade from NOLA. Our room was down the hall.

The main reason they thought it was odd was so much space in the entryway that really wasn't usable space. She was also surprised that there wasn't more closet space. As usual, JSs have bigger closets. I think she had closet envy of ours. It's a nice room, but an odd shape.

Edited by internetwhiz

We ended up swapping our Symphony booking out of Barcelona on 7/1 to leaving out of Rome instead on 6/21. Got the same room (1 floor up) and saved $500. Very happy indeed. Now booked in 11729.

We were waffling over Symphony and if we will enjoy a boat that big. We do really like Freedom class, but wondering if that much bigger will put us over the edge like many. But we figured that with such a port heavy itinerary it won't matter much and will give us a good taste for Oasis class when we may want to sail them later with more sea days.

I think the roll out is March 27th. I am waiting for it to roll out also.

Also waiting for the New England cruises to come out. I would love to see the Itineraries prior to the release to I can know which one I want to book. Is there any site or area where the itineraries would be available like the day before release? I've looked at the Loyal to you site and it just says it's coming..

1100 is a JS, and 1600 is a GS. 1100 is a regular-shaped JS cabin, perhaps a little larger because of its location, (with the extra-large balcony as a bonus).

1600 doesn't seem large for a GS. I guess it's that hallway. Sure wish I had more knowledge about primo cabins. I keep jotting them down.

I booked a studio from Barcelona before I knew they were going to offer some sailings from Rome. Oh well, at least I got one.

Have you seen the prices for the studio cabins on the Jewel? Over $2300 plus fees - the standard inside cabins are priced hundreds less. But the new cabin categories are "whacked". How can they justify deck 2 being $141 more than deck 3 - both forward :confused: I was considering moving to Jewel once the sailings were released but the pricing is outrageous.......and only having 3 studio cabins on the ship doesn't help.[/q

Studio cabins - whenever I have checked always are more than a regular inside. Don't know why anyone would book one and be 'squished"?

GS are priced as the JS, or vice versa on many of the Brilliance's newly released sail dates. Perhaps they are attempting to move folks to the GS cabins or maybe it's a glitch. Having said this, there is a large gap in price between a balcony and a JS. Approx. $2100, which seems very odd. As a suggestion, if you have a JS booked, keep an eye out for decreases as I think it will eventually occur. In the meantime, we selected GS1600 as we wanted a corner aft and given that 1100 was priced the same as 1600, we went for the space and the suite perks that comes w/ it.

I booked a studio from Barcelona before I knew they were going to offer some sailings from Rome. Oh well, at least I got one.

Have you seen the prices for the studio cabins on the Jewel? Over $2300 plus fees - the standard inside cabins are priced hundreds less. But the new cabin categories are "whacked". How can they justify deck 2 being $141 more than deck 3 - both forward :confused: I was considering moving to Jewel once the sailings were released but the pricing is outrageous.......and only having 3 studio cabins on the ship doesn't help.[/q

Studio cabins - whenever I have checked always are more than a regular inside. Don't know why anyone would book one and be 'squished"?

When I booked my studio the price was $820 less than the inside cabin which will cover my airfare. So, I book what is affordable for me.

I don't believe they are more than the solo price for an inside cabin

GS are priced as the JS, or vice versa on many of the Brilliance's newly released sail dates. Perhaps they are attempting to move folks to the GS cabins or maybe it's a glitch. Having said this, there is a large gap in price between a balcony and a JS. Approx. $2100, which seems very odd. As a suggestion, if you have a JS booked, keep an eye out for decreases as I think it will eventually occur. In the meantime, we selected GS1600 as we wanted a corner aft and given that 1100 was priced the same as 1600, we went for the space and the suite perks that comes w/ it.
''

Just checked and most (if not all) the GS on Brilliance are up in price today.

Looks like the GS party is over.