What are you favorite Pinnacle Dinner selections?

RMLincoln

We've only had dinner in the Pinnacle Grill once. The fillet was very good but next time I will try something different. My guess is that the 12 oz Rib Eye is better than anything I"d find in the MDR... ?

But maybe the lamb chops - I always order them in the MDR, but are they any different or better in the PG? Hate to "waste" my PG dinner on what I can get elsewhere.

Or the Planked Halibut with Shrimp Scampi.... wow... that sound like a winner!

The veggie sides are not very alluring to me.... could I get a side of the pumpkin risotto? Or is that not allowed?

Favorite Starters?

Favorite Dessert? Can't skip dessert.... what are the Balsamic Berries like?

Less than 3 weeks until our Tales of the South Pacific... I'm looking forward to enjoying a PG dinner again. Thanks for sharing.... m--

We've only had dinner in the Pinnacle Grill once. The fillet was very good but next time I will try something different. My guess is that the 12 oz Rib Eye is better than anything I"d find in the MDR... ?

But maybe the lamb chops - I always order them in the MDR, but are they any different or better in the PG? Hate to "waste" my PG dinner on what I can get elsewhere.

Or the Planked Halibut with Shrimp Scampi.... wow... that sound like a winner!

The veggie sides are not very alluring to me.... could I get a side of the pumpkin risotto? Or is that not allowed?

Favorite Starters?

Favorite Dessert? Can't skip dessert.... what are the Balsamic Berries like?

Less than 3 weeks until our Tales of the South Pacific... I'm looking forward to enjoying a PG dinner again. Thanks for sharing.... m--

Filet for me everytime. Always great IMO.

Lobster bisque and grab cakes for starters.

Baked Alaska for desert.

All of the above! The 18 oz bone in Ribeye is amazing. The pork chops are great and the Halibut and Scampi is off the charts- Love them all. Lamb is good but I prefer the Lamb on Le Cirque night. Pumpkin Risotto is an entree and I believe if your order two entrees there is a charge- used to be $10 I believe.

The crab was great when it was a surcharge item- haven't had it since it's been on the regular menu. I'm anxious to try the small lobster tail with my Ribeye. I like the asparagus and the brussel sprouts

The Pinnacle Souffle is wonderful as is the Chocolate Lava Cake.

OK we are on diets getting ready for our October cruise and I just made myself soooo hungry. We eat in the PG every night and love it. Sure the selection isn't huge be the food is the best and the service is amazing- that is really what we look for. Well worth the surcharge and a $20 tip. A dinner like PG would be well over $100 at a nice restaurant. Steak alone would be close to $100 at Ruth Chris or Morton's.

Bone in ribeye.. but that's the kind of gal I am. Just my favorite steak of all time. Medium rare please. Love the lamb chops too.. rare.

Didn't they used to have lobster mac? The old grey cells are failing me but that is stuck in there somewhere and "YUM" comes to mind.

I have to say that I still very much miss the onion soup and boneless rib eye steak w/onion rings that used to be on the Pinnacle menu. I do get the bone-in rib eye steak once in a while, and do enjoy it, just not as much as the boneless.

I also have been known to get the petit filet mignon, and find it delicious. The shoestring fries or baked potato on the side, along with the asparagus is good with either steak.

For dessert, I like something light, now. Gone are the days when I had the volcano cake every time. So I usually ask for some of the cherry Garcia ice cream that they use for the baked Alaska. I don't need the meringue and cake that completes the baked Alaska, though. Just the ice cream is enough.

We do several PG's on our cruises. I'm with Ruth - I miss the really good onion soup, but love the crab cakes, caesar salad, etc. I could go to the Pinnacle and just have appetizers ;)

If you like seafood, check out the cioppino (sp?). Just ask for a taste first to make sure it is not too salty. some ships make it too salty.

Not to go off topic, but IMO the lunch there is wonderful - will you have the shrimp bruschetta? or one of the other wonderful offerings to start?

The main lunch is wonderful and the desserts (for the most part) are light and and very tasty.

But don't do a PG lunch and dinner on the same day ;) Impossible for most of us. ;)

Crab cakes, Grilled salmon, Halibut, Scallopped potatoes, Volcano cake.

Looks like the scalloped potatoes are no more...

I have to say that I still very much miss the onion soup and boneless rib eye steak w/onion rings that used to be on the Pinnacle menu. I do get the bone-in rib eye steak once in a while, and do enjoy it, just not as much as the boneless.

I also have been known to get the petit filet mignon, and find it delicious. The shoestring fries or baked potato on the side, along with the asparagus is good with either steak.

For dessert, I like something light, now. Gone are the days when I had the volcano cake every time. So I usually ask for some of the cherry Garcia ice cream that they use for the baked Alaska. I don't need the meringue and cake that completes the baked Alaska, though. Just the ice cream is enough.

Nice suggestion on the cherry ice cream Ruth... I'm not a Baked Alaska fan but the ice cream sounds divine.

I ordered the chocolate lava cake last time but I got feeling light-headed and weak-kneed at the end of our last dinner there and had DH walk me back to the room. Only one glass of wine so I'm not sure what hit me but they kindly wrapped up our desserts which had been ordered and I ate mine in bed later on after the faintness passed. :eek:

So I'm looking for a lighter alternative....

I doubt I can do the 18oz Rib Eye, at least not in one day :)

the portion is really too big for a starter. I order it as a main course and have something else before it like the shrimp cocktail.

I enjoy the beef carpaccio starter in the MDR; is the steak tartar similar? How is it prepared?

I'm big on crab cakes, like too compare them from different parts of the country. To me there's no wrong way, only different. But I was thinking that they'd be too heavy with the halibut and shrimp scampi.

Can I order crab cakes and a salad? Too bad I couldn't get a side of the risotto, well maybe for a fee but I probably wouldn't do that. DH doesn't eat asparagus, nor brussel sprouts. Might have to share carrots, meh. or I'm sure I can pass and just enjoy the salad if I can do that with another starter. m--

I doubt I can do the 18oz Rib Eye, at least not in one day :)

LOL. It is a tasty baseball mit. :p The filet is excellent as well though. I agree that the crab cakes are very good. If dessert wines are your thing.. they had a late harvest Sav Blanc that is wonderful. Very nice option for those who don't really "do" dessert. My husband is one of those folks. :)

LOL. It is a tasty baseball mit. :p The filet is excellent as well though. I agree that the crab cakes are very good. If dessert wines are your thing.. they had a late harvest Sav Blanc that is wonderful. Very nice option for those who don't really "do" dessert. My husband is one of those folks. :)

You must have hit a bad one- ours have always been perfect. Also I love the "Thai" chicken soup with tomato. Not as good as the previous version but still very good.

You must have hit a bad one- ours have always been perfect. Also I love the "Thai" chicken soup with tomato. Not as good as the previous version but still very good.

No no.. it was wonderful and perfectly cooked.. just the size of a baseball mit :p.. which for me is a good thing as I eat all of it! :D

Has anyone paid the supplement for the caviar appetiser? How was it? How generous was the portion?

I adore caviar, and can seldom get the really good stuff. That's what shouts out to me.

Well...that and the lobster tail.

I'd be a cheaper date if I could eat beef. :rolleyes:

Looks like the scalloped potatoes are no more...

I thought as much! A shame: some ships made them perfectly and they were a treat and went well with the Steak Diane, which is also MIA!

Any suggestions for the best starch in the Pinnacle?

Edited by SilvertoGold

Has anyone paid the supplement for the caviar appetiser? How was it? How generous was the portion?

I adore caviar, and can seldom get the really good stuff. That's what shouts out to me.

Well...that and the lobster tail.

I'd be a cheaper date if I could eat beef. :rolleyes:

The caviar is a deal in my opinion. Generous serving. We usually get this with a Caesar salad, lobster bisque and split a 18oz bone in ribeye.

I love the crab cakes, and for dessert several times I have had a lemon tart, that was served as a slice and always delicious!

Karen

I had that Lemon Brûlée tart at Pinnacle a few days ago and it was really outstanding. (I noticed, by the way, that the whipped cream served with it was so much better and richer than whatever is being used for the main dining room desserts.)

I like to do the crab cakes as a main - they just make it a larger portion. And I love the lobster bisque. For dessert it's always the volcano cake as I find the baked Alaska not to my taste (but Ruth's idea of just the ice cream is good as that's the best part of that dessert).

serve it in the P bar with iced vodka and not usually when we eat in the P but before a regular dinner. steak Tartar is finely chopped raw filet with several seasoning incl.egg and capers and served with toasted baguette slices.

Edited by SeaBands

Wonderful ideas all!

I think I'd like to try the crab cakes if I can also get a Caesar salad.

Then either the lamb chops or the halibut with shrimp, probably halibut, sounds wow!

And then the lemon brulee tart... more wow!

Any reports on the vanilla souffle? The Drambuie cream truffle sounds interesting.... Counting the days... I only have 17 more suppers to make at home!!!

Thanks, m--

You are on a very long cruise and if you have a favorite like STEAK DIANE or the scalloped potatoes ask the PG manager if you could have them some night. When I was on the South Pacific cruise and again on the Incan Treasures cruise I asked. The PGmamagers on both ships told me to check back with him day after tomorrow in the morning. If the ingredients were available he would have them prepared for us. When I checked back he asked what time I wanted dinner that night, he had both items available. As I was able to do this on 2 different ships while on 30 day cruises I believe that the PG managers have more leeway on the longer cruises.:D:D:D