No more free drink coupons for gold VIP members

Miss Picante

Yes, I know the Carnival web site still lists a drink coupon for the last evening as a perk for gold members.

But we are just back from the September 5 sailing of the Liberty and were told by guest services that it has been phased out and is no longer awarded, regardless of what the on line description of member benefits says.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Was your cruise at least 5 days? Because those are the only ones that get the coupon. From the Carnival website:

Appreciation drink on 5+ day cruises (on the last evening of the cruise after 5pm

I know the ")" is missing on the end, but I copied and pasted it right from the VIFP section and that's how it is. It really drives me crazy, though!

Edited by firemanbobswife

Hmm, my GF got her's on our Sunshine cruise last month. How many nights was your cruise? I'm wondering if Carnival is getting rid of them on shorter cruises, kind of like they did with the lobster.

You only get them on 5+ day cruises anyway.

To the OP: I'm sure Carnival Corporate would love to hear about the drink coupon not being awarded. There is nothing on the website that says it's no longer being offered. As long as the guest is Gold and the cruise is 5 or more days long, you get a coupon good on the last night after 5PM for a free drink.

Last Carnival cruise we took was at the end of February of this year (7 days) and we knew ahead of time that the only free drink we would receive at our gold level would be a free bottle of water. But even that was appreciated since we both have daily meds we take so the bottles (one each) came in handy.

Edited by lady_cruiser

I am just back from a 6 day cruise on Splendor. I got the coupon on the last day ( I used it even though I had cheers:p) Just because! there was a paper in my room on boarding day, saying that I would receive one free bottle of water, a drink coupon and a gold pin. I got the water, the coupon, but no pin. And I really don't want or need those pins anyway.

Carnival is getting more inconsistent than ever.

Still I had a good cruise, not great, but good. Will post a members review in a day or so.

Edited by SMSACE6

Last Cruise I am Platinum and partner is not, I got mine good for Breakfast Lunch or Brunch and they got theirs for the last evening after 5pm. That was Aug 20th.

What is their reasoning for the platinum drink only in the dining room and gold can be anywhere? Seems backwards to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is their reasoning for the platinum drink only in the dining room and gold can be anywhere? Seems backwards to me.

The Platinum one can be used any day at Breakfast Lunch or Brunch in the dining room.

The Gold one can only be used the last night of the cruise after 530 pm.

CCL has not announced that change, so my guess is that the OP was not on a 5+ night cruise. If it is true I would expect the Gold members will flame up the boards.

Agreed. Just like everyone else responding, we received ours last month on a Triumph 5 day.