Turn Down Service on first night

hitnronladalle

Explain, as if there is none? I think this might be an experiment, like the once a day / twice/ both cabin service debacle.

And yes, I read something the other day (can't remember where) about this debacle you speak of. I thought it to be an odd concept as well. :confused:

I don't want to spend a lot of time getting to know my cabin steward.

I don't want to spend *ANY* time getting to know my cabin steward. All I want them to do is their job, period. If you're so overworked, save yourself some time and don't bother leaving one of your useless towel animals in my cabin.

Last week on Triumph I had no turn down service the first night. The steward left the fun times on my bed but no turn down. In the morning he asked if I wanted once or twice a day service. I enjoyed twice a day but felt bad asking the guy to do more work...so I said once a day at night. With that I got the turn down with the night service but technically it was almost two days before the room was touched since my first service was night 2.

It is the same as other nights. They come in and turn down the bed and maybe leave a towel animal.

I have never "gotten to know" any of my stewards. They come in do their thing - when I am gone. We say hello if we come across one another but that is about it. It doesn't take any time.

Maybe if you could be more specific about your concern

We continue to provide turndown service the first evening of the cruise in a slightly modified format that enables the stewards to spend more time engaging and talking with the guests. The look of the bed is slightly different and guests continue to receive a towel animal and the Fun Times newsletter while at the same time the stewards have much greater opportunity to interact with the guests in a more personalized fashion. I hope this helps and please do ask me if you have anything further

On the Splendor last week we did not have the normal turn down service on the first night, but we did get the fun times and the lights were set for evening. The bed was not turned down and no towel animal. After that turn down service every night. But we did have to ask for twice a day service.

We continue to provide turndown service the first evening of the cruise in a slightly modified format that enables the stewards to spend more time engaging and talking with the guests. The look of the bed is slightly different and guests continue to receive a towel animal and the Fun Times newsletter while at the same time the stewards have much greater opportunity to interact with the guests in a more personalized fashion. I hope this helps and please do ask me if you have anything further

I'm sorry, I am a little confused as to what exactly the changed are.. Can you please explain a little more.When I cruised last, the steward came around as soon as we were able to get into our room and introduced himself. We had regular service that night on..

So what exactly has changed, and what do you mean by the stewards " spend more time engaging the guests" and it's slightly modified?

We are travelling Sunshine in Nov.

Edited by Lyn1Lyn

They do "turn down" when you aren't there...or they should. I'm not a fan of "conversing" with my attendant, either. The best one we ever had, we NEVER saw! But, our cabin was kept in tip-top shape all week. Still don't know if it was a man or woman! Left them a nice tip, for the good service, tho!

On the Splendor last week we did not have the normal turn down service on the first night, but we did get the fun times and the lights were set for evening. The bed was not turned down and no towel animal. After that turn down service every night. But we did have to ask for twice a day service.

I was on the Splendor two weeks ago, Sept 4 sailing, and while my room steward/assistant were very attentive, friendly, I was never offered, morning, evening, or both stateroom service. I was cruising solo, so did not require more than once a day stateroom service, but what happened with me was that they did the room in the morning, and the fun times went in the box outside the door at night. I was not offered a choice of once, twice or both, and it seemed decided by the stewards that my room got done in the morning with zilch done in the pm.

again no big deal, I don't make much mess as a solo cruiser, and once a day is sufficient, including the towels provided. But on the same sailing, I did talk to other cruisers who were offered a choice, morning or evening, and others who got morning and evening service without having ever been asked. So, just saying.....Carnival is still being inconsistent in all things that it is trying to change or mix up.

I personally just wish that Carnival would do it's test programs for a few weeks, and then implement the new program...ie; once a day stateroom servce, or twice by request....just get on with the changes Carnival, and don't take 6 months to a year to test things and confuse everyone, by offering this on one ship, and not on another. Get on with the changes, do it! and stop confusing everyone , month after month after year.

Edited by SMSACE6

On our last cruise it seemed like every time we left the room for any significant time the towels were changed out (even though I told him it wasn't neccessary. We got turn down service and towel animals every night. He even gave us fresh pool towels every day. The first evening I saw him on our way to dinner and asked him if they still put robes in the rooms and he said 'no'. When we got back that evening there were two robes in our room.

Edited by fshstck

On my last cruise everything was as per usual ... typical turn down on every night, including the first.

Same here. Although once a day is fine with me. I told my room steward a couple of times not to bother doing anything in the evening other than ice and dropping off the fun times.

And I know I'm in the minority, but I'm completely over towel animals. I politely told the steward to just make one for the kids' room.

op didn't make it clear when posting this, but i recognize this to be quoted from john heald a while back when this ruckus started. for as much as he is called on to clarify, this statement is really clear as mud, so i understand the op's confusion.

'The look of the bed is slightly different' - what the heck does that mean? it looks unmade? i mean seriously - just spit it out and be clear. that's one of the dumbest statements i've seen him make.

they don't do themselves any favors by being unclear, especially when under the guise of 'test programs' on 'select ships' which seem to last an inordinate amount of time, and in this particular instance, with entirely varied reports of service received (people on the same ship, same cruise, getting different offer of or service received without options extended). sometimes i really wonder about how they manage this company...

We just put the "do not disturb" tag on our door, left it there pretty much all day until we left for dinner in the evening and that's when our room steward would come swooping in and tidy up the beds and leave us the cute little towel animals along with our Fun Times for the following day. Once we returned to our cabins after dinner, we'd put the tag back up on the door until the following evening... no big deal.

If you don't want the room steward to come, just leave the "do not disturb" tag on your door for the entire cruise.

Hard to tell what question he was answering. Might have been asked specifically about first night turndown

Edited by Domino D