Hurricane's A-Coming!

butterfly529

Thanks everyone. Wind is just in the 60 mph range as far as I can tell. Raised east shutters once the wind turned.

enhance

This is what we woke up to

enhance

This is fairly current

enhance

power is flickering, cable goes in and out, cell phone does goes in and out and seem to have 2G signal

I feel for Bella, she probably needs to pee :eek:

I see you are still on line, how are you and what is the update? TV news is scary. Be safe!!

So far, we still have power, water and internet. The cars are okay. Many areas of Orlando are out of power. We have at least two more hours of an active hurricane. I will update later.

We have 10 gallons of water just in case, plus a giant pork shoulder to cook on the smoker, eggs, bacon, coffee, food for our pets, gas, and flashlights.

Stay safe everyone and God Bless.

Edited by dreadpirate3

Looking at my live radar app- it appears that the "outer eye" wall is what is skirting the coastline- the inner, higher speed wind, eye- is staying off shore.

Which is good.

Still have to deal with storm surge.

(and for John&LaLa- they are past the peak surge, whew)

I do feel for those of you up north, but thankfully Palm Beach county dodged another bullet at least for now. Who knows what might come next.

I don't think we had a wind gust over 40 mph, but we live 6 miles inland at Boca Raton.

Best to all of you still in the path.

Okay, but now on to putting the outside of the house stuff back in place. Anyone need 20 pounds of ice? Eh, I'll just keep it in the freezer.

Stay safe up there. :)

I do feel for those of you up north, but thankfully Palm Beach county dodged another bullet at least for now. Who knows what might come next.

I don't think we had a wind gust over 40 mph, but we live 6 miles inland at Boca Raton.

Best to all of you still in the path.

Okay, but now on to putting the outside of the house stuff back in place. Anyone need 20 pounds of ice? Eh, I'll just keep it in the freezer.

Stay safe up there. :)

Lou,

Better save your ice, they are predicting Matthew will turn around and come back to So. FL. I had that happen to me when I lived in Miami and DH got hit 3 times by same hurricane in 1985 in NOLA when he was maintenance manager for Eastern.

Safe wishes your way

Grace

Lou,

Better save your ice, they are predicting Matthew will turn around and come back to So. FL. I had that happen to me when I lived in Miami and DH got hit 3 times by same hurricane in 1985 in NOLA when he was maintenance manager for Eastern.

Safe wishes your way

Grace

Nah, Grace, it just stays in the garage freezer. If Matt comes back it will be a tropical storm. It will be what it will be.

Eastern Airlines; cool. A pilot for 41 years here.

Safe wishes your way also. :)

They are forecasting 7-11 ft surge from Melbourne all the way to South Carolina.

We have a house on the barrier island, Edisto Beach, South Carolina, 20 minutes or so from Charleston. Praying there will be something left for us to go back to.. :(