Hurricane's A-Coming!

butterfly529

I hope they work out something with folks that miss their cruise...hope the port aren't too damaged...that could affect lots of cruises to come...we live 4 blocks from the beach and are staying home...pray for the best....everyone be safe...

If the ports are damaged, this will affect A LOT more people than just the holiday makers!! Some of these islands live off the cruises stopping there....

Good Evening - we are in Port St. Lucie, FL. (just north of West Palm Beach) The winds here are starting to pick up and the rain is becoming more constant. So far we still have power.

With the slight shift of the eye to the east earlier today, we are being spared a little bit and the strongest winds will stay off shore in our area. hope it will help those to the north of us, especially in the Port Canaveral area along with the Jacksonville area.

Good Evening - we are in Port St. Lucie, FL. (just north of West Palm Beach) The winds here are starting to pick up and the rain is becoming more constant. So far we still have power.

With the slight shift of the eye to the east earlier today, we are being spared a little bit and the strongest winds will stay off shore in our area. hope it will help those to the north of us, especially in the Port Canaveral area along with the Jacksonville area.

Hope you are safe! Met you at Sky Bar Freedom Aug 28 informal CC meet

Wishing you the best. Glad you appear to being spared the worst of the storm. We are hoping the high winds don't filter over to us on the West Coast of FL. Stay safe

Wishing you the best. Glad you appear to being spared the worst of the storm. We are hoping the high winds don't filter over to us on the West Coast of FL. Stay safe

I have a daughter in Bradenton, so I am hoping they do not get over your way either.

Hope you are safe! Met you at Sky Bar Freedom Aug 28 informal CC meet

That was a pretty good cruise. Even if we were getting away from another tropical storm. What a difference a month makes.

I have a daughter in Bradenton, so I am hoping they do not get over your way either.

That was a pretty good cruise. Even if we were getting away from another tropical storm. What a difference a month makes.

It was an awesome cruise. Yep we were racing away from another storm

We're in Melbourne, and conditions are going downhill for sure. I'd say we have tropical storm force winds right now. The eye of the storm won't be here for awhile yet.

That jog to the east was good news for us, for sure. Now it looks like the storm will stay off shore of us, and perhaps make landfall to the north of us.

We still have power, for now. I'm going to try to sleep, at least for a bit, and fully expect not to have power when I wake up.

Good night all. Over and out.

If it's yellow let it mellow

If it's brown, flush it down

Cross your fingers John, it looks like the path took a slight turn to the north and the eyewall might be offshore as it goes by you. Still a surge risk though.

Cross your fingers John, it looks like the path took a slight turn to the north and the eyewall might be offshore as it goes by you. Still a surge risk though.

50 MPH winds currently. Couldn't get in the Four Points garage, so I'm back in my beachside garage. :eek:

enhance

50 MPH winds currently. Couldn't get in the Four Points garage, so I'm back in my beachside garage. :eek:

They are forecasting 7-11 ft surge from Melbourne all the way to South Carolina.

They are forecasting 7-11 ft surge from Melbourne all the way to South Carolina.

I guess I need to get my board out. :o

Garages are 13' above sea level, not sure if that is low tide or high tide.

High tide is just about now and low tide tomorow is 6AM

RT-Beach.jpg

I guess I need to get my board out. :o

Garages are 13' above sea level, not sure if that is low tide or high tide.

High tide is just about now and low tide tomorow is 6AM

I think the timing will be good then! Check with you in the morning.:)

We're in Melbourne, and conditions are going downhill for sure. I'd say we have tropical storm force winds right now. The eye of the storm won't be here for awhile yet.

That jog to the east was good news for us, for sure. Now it looks like the storm will stay off shore of us, and perhaps make landfall to the north of us.

We still have power, for now. I'm going to try to sleep, at least for a bit, and fully expect not to have power when I wake up.

Good night all. Over and out.

Stay safe, Kat! Thinking about you and keeping positive thoughts!!!!!

You got that right.

Good morning. I see you still have electricity. Are you ok? How bad is it where you are? I could not sleep...watching the news and of course that is all that is on TV, so we see a lot of what is going on up here in the North East.