Shareholder benefit - Help, I'm being ignored!

lahore

Hi all

OK, so I invested quite a bit of money in AUD to get shareholder benefit. I have written to three different email addresses within Princess and am being comprehensively ignored.

I tried the shareholderbenfit email address and the info@princess email address.

I'll save boring you with what I think about that :mad:, and just ask:

Does anyone have a magic contact where I can get someone at Princess to actually do what they glibly promise in their onboard sessions about shareholder benefit?

Of interest is that in the same email I also asked for the credit to be applied to a P&O Australia booking and that has actually been done, so it's the Princess Australia arm of CCL who are not doing anything.

Hi all

OK, so I invested quite a bit of money in AUD to get shareholder benefit. I have written to three different email addresses within Princess and am being comprehensively ignored.

I tried the shareholderbenfit email address and the info@princess email address.

Does anyone have a magic contact where I can get someone at Princess to actually do what they glibly promise in their onboard sessions about shareholder benefit?

Of interest is that in the same email I also asked for the credit to be applied to a P&O Australia booking and that has actually been done, so it's the Princess Australia arm of CCL who are not doing anything.

Just call them. I had the same issue earlier in the week after two emails over three weeks. When I called, they asked when I sent it, and the from address. The call centre then checked with somebody else and found my email. After about 20 minutes of arguing with them (they were miss-reading the statement and thought it was from January not the current September one), they finally credited it to me and I could see it in the personalizer.

While using e-mail sometimes does work, one might follow the specific instructions found on the Stockholder Credit form which is to either Fax or use snail mail. The form does not specify an e-mail address or even reference using e-mail.

Hank

Note: When you fax your statement, remember to block out the account number and don't use a highlighter to highlight any info cause their fax machine makes it look black. Just had a request kicked back cause I highlighted the Carnival Stock line item and my name and they couldn't read it. Fixed it and was credited within a day.

Hi all

When sending instructions to clerk-level recipients, I never make multiple reguests. I assume that they know how to do one thing, and that is it. It sounds like your e-mail found the P&O clerk. He did his job for you, and proceded to his next one. My guess is that your e-mail then found the bit bucket.

I think that the recommendation that you call Princess is excellent. I would not waste a lot of time trying to get them to find your original request. Just ask for the procedure for getting your shareholder benefit. I believe other Cruise Critic posters from Australia have reported that they have been able to e-mail their request. Make sure that you have the exact correct Proncess address for your purpose, and, then, resubmit it. If you used a travel agent for your booking, have him/her do the legwork for you.

The other suggestion from above that is helpful is that your documentation cannot be dated more than 90 days prior to departure. If you are not sailing until, say, late January, they are going to ignore your submission.

According to the Shareholder Benefit PDF page, you should snail mail or fax, not email. And for Aussie bookings it is apparently the same contact for P&O, Princess and Carnival. Perhaps your other requests did not meet the time limits? That would be my first guess.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9Mjc0MjIzfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

ETA-I just checked your Roll Calls and for the Diamond cruise your statement has to be dated Sep. 16 or after, and it is far too early for your Golden cruise. Your proof of ownership of stock has to be dated within 90 days of the sailing date.

Edited by cherylandtk

I emailed a week ago and nothing yet. Aussies have only needed to email. I haven't owned a fax machine in 15 years. I am on the same cruise as lahore and it is within 90 days as is the 'statement.' We have been requested to email defence benefits.

Edited by Pushka

Hi everyone, thank you for the well-intentioned responses.

I tried faxing, even though in my opinion the fax belongs in a museum, but it came back undeliverable so I gave up. Moreover, who has a fax machine these days, so I had to send a fax from a computer therefore why wouldn't you try emailing?

We are in Australia, so thanks for the USA responses but they don't apply.

XBGuy: … yes, you have a point, except for that the P&O request was the last one out of three on the list so I don't know why they would start at the end. There is only one email address for both P&O and Princess here in Australia otherwise I would definitely have sent separate emails. But I'm glad that she helped, its at least an indication that it got through to somebody.

I didn't book through a travel agent, i book directly through princess.

It's interesting that the P & O cruise that did apply the credit is not until 2018 so that sort of undermines the premise that it has to be coming up shortly.

Pushka, above, is correct.

I do realise that people are trying to be helpful but I was really just seeking another contact that somebody might have that wasn't on the obvious documentation. I tried everything that made logical sense, other than phoning them I must admit. So here we go with a half hour long wait to a call centre. I'd rather not but it seems the only available option by common consensus. Not a good business model I would've thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by lahore

It's interesting that the P & O cruise that did apply the credit is not until 2018 so that sort of undermines the premise that it has to be coming up shortly.

Wow, that sure seems bizzarre.

Lahore, attached to this post is a PDF document that I found in the weboshere. Sure enough, it lists one address for both P&O and Princess in Australia, and it lists no email contact.

Why don't you just mail your request to the PO address. I know that is using technology that even pre-dates fax, but it appears that is the protocol.

There is also a telephone number that you can try. It may or may not be the same as whatever you may have.

In the U.S. we do are not allowed to e-mail our Shareholder Benefit Request to Princess. Various people have offered their guesses as to why not, but I find it easier to work with the system than to rant about it. I use "snail mail" it it has never taken more than a few days for them to post my credit. Of course my history of succes does you absolutely no good. Sorry.

I do wish you luck.

CCL Shareholder Info.pdf

Hi everyone

Well in the end I made the phone call. I got through quite quickly, and then a strange series of events happened. I got put through to the USA call centre, spent an age explaining to the call centre lady that I was from Australia and things are different here. Next thing she puts me on hold, and then suddenly I'm talking to Australia. No, not the right area of Princess but the Princess staffer who I was dealing with on a recent 'move over' deal. She felt sorry for me (as she knew I was trying to fix this about three weeks back) and she went to her supervisor and got it fixed same day. YAY! All done, and for cruises from now until 2018.

Thanks for your help everyone. I've also filled in the Princess feedback form telling them that this process is painful and does not work well (in Australia at least).

I contacted Princess in OZ and they told me to send my application for shareholder OBC to defencebenefits.com.au. I know the email address looks wrong, but it works. I did receive the confirmation from the info email.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Forums mobile app

Sorry wrong info. The email address is defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au

Hi everyone

Well in the end I made the phone call. I got through quite quickly, and then a strange series of events happened. I got put through to the USA call centre, spent an age explaining to the call centre lady that I was from Australia and things are different here. Next thing she puts me on hold, and then suddenly I'm talking to Australia. No, not the right area of Princess but the Princess staffer who I was dealing with on a recent 'move over' deal. She felt sorry for me (as she knew I was trying to fix this about three weeks back) and she went to her supervisor and got it fixed same day. YAY! All done, and for cruises from now until 2018.

Thanks for your help everyone. I've also filled in the Princess feedback form telling them that this process is painful and does not work well (in Australia at least).

Glad to see it had a happy ending.:)

Ever since moving to Florida years ago and not having a landline to fax our requests in, we have used USPS to send in our paperwork. Typically, we have seen our OBC in our account within a week after mailing in the forms.

Yesterday we mailed in our paperwork for our December New Year's Eve voyage and will post the date we see our OBC posted.

It would be nice to see if Princess would go to an email submission across the board for this process. Simple process for us to attach a copy of the brokerage statement and provide booking information in the email. Maybe it will happen again.......soon.