Amex Offer: Spend $500 on New Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

Thank you for the link. I'll try it as soon as I get on my desk top (rather than my phone).

Just tried the link and it took me to a login screen, which appeared to put me right in his normal account with all the earlier offers. Am I missing how this process is supposed to work?

Just tried the link and it took me to a login screen, which appeared to put me right in his normal account with all the earlier offers. Am I missing how this process is supposed to work?
It should also have shown you the WLCL offer in that list. I assume you clicked on the button at the bottom of the list to expand it? It's possible that it is no longer available to clip since it's so close to expiration but that usually isn't the case, and as I said I loaded it yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

It should also have shown you the WLCL offer in that list. I assume you clicked on the button at the bottom of the list to expand it? It's possible that it is no longer available to clip since it's so close to expiration but that usually isn't the case, and as I said I loaded it yesterday.

Now I'm confused. You provided the link for me after I mentioned (as an example) of my husband's card not having the Shutterfly offer. I presumed your link was in reference to that offer. The Princess deal doesn't show up on either of my cards anymore because I used it several months ago.

But I do thank you for posting that link - hopefully some other cruisers were able to use the deal!

Now I'm confused. You provided the link for me after I mentioned (as an example) of my husband's card not having the Shutterfly offer. I presumed your link was in reference to that offer. The Princess deal doesn't show up on either of my cards anymore because I used it several months ago.

Sorry, with so many people posting I lost track of who had which problem. WLCL = Worlds Leading Cruise Lines = this offer.

The above posts said that the offer was successfully added to the cards, but did not say what the result was when a Princess charge was made. To me the result would hopefully be a $100 credit from Princess posted to the credit card account.

And, yes, I did receive an E-mail saying the offer was added to my card, but the small print on that E-mail is what I quoted. The small print says "To redeem this offer, simply use this Card to make a purchase according to the offer terms below." And the terms below indicated it would not apply to a card that was not issued by a "US banking subsidiary of American Express."

So what I am looking for is someone who can say they used a Macy's or other non-AMEX bank card and actually saw the $100 rebate posted on their account.

So back to your question of "Did anyone actually get the credit while using a non-Amex bank card?"

From the new link I got the offer on my USBank Amex. Tomorrow morning I will call my TA and put $500 on an existing reservation. When I've done this in the past with actual Amex issued cards I get the credit almost immediately . I'll post tomorrow about whether that happens.

After redeeming the offer (by loading it onto my AmEx account and then making a $500 payment on our next Princess cruise) I got an email from AmEx saying thank you for redeeming the offer and that a $100 statement credit will be applied within 90 days "if the purchase meets the requirements of the offer" or something like that. I will update this thread if it works.

That also happened 5o me when I tried to link my Delta Amex

That also happened 5o me when I tried to link my Delta Amex

That's what it's supposed to do (log you into the AMEX site and take you to the offers page). But you should see the offer in the list. However, you will not see it if you've already added it to another card on the same login.

After redeeming the offer (by loading it onto my AmEx account and then making a $500 payment on our next Princess cruise) I got an email from AmEx saying thank you for redeeming the offer and that a $100 statement credit will be applied within 90 days "if the purchase meets the requirements of the offer" or something like that. I will update this thread if it works.
Once you get the email, it's exceedingly rare for the credit not to actually show up. Generally it's one or two days after the charge posts to the account (not 90).

Once you get the email, it's exceedingly rare for the credit not to actually show up. Generally it's one or two days after the charge posts to the account (not 90).

And that is the way it has worked for me in the past using a card issued by an AMEX bank since using such a card "meets the requirements of the offer."

Hopefully it will also show up using a card not issued by an AMEX bank, such as the Macy's card.

I'm fairly sure these are only for US customers. Do Canadian customers get AMEX Offers?

I have a Canadian cash back Amex and do occasionally get offers, such as extra cash back, etc. Never had anything relating to cruise benefits, though, so was wondering if anyone else with Canadian accounts had.....

And that is the way it has worked for me in the past using a card issued by an AMEX bank since using such a card "meets the requirements of the offer."

Hopefully it will also show up using a card not issued by an AMEX bank, such as the Macy's card.

My guess is that all transactions are actually processed by AMEX and then passed onto the card issuer. So the posting of the credit should work the same way as it does with an AMEX issued card.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

My guess is that all transactions are actually processed by AMEX and then passed onto the card issuer. So the posting of the credit should work the same way as it does with an AMEX issued card.

By the way, the posting in the past has been a payment listed as being from Princess.

By the way, the posting in the past has been a payment listed as being from Princess.
That doesn't mean that it's not AMEX that is issuing it. The credit clearly shows that it's an AMEX offer.

Or are you trying to say that every merchant that has an AMEX offer issues the credit themselves??? If so, all I can say is "really?".

I should probably stop posting in this thread before I say something I regret. You folks have all the info you need. Good luck getting the offer before it expires.

Edited by MisterBill99

What really bothers me is, I have an AMEX Blue Cash Card and and AMEX Platinum Delta Skymiles card and when ever these types of promotions come out they are never on the Skymiles Card so that I can also get miles for my payment. :confused:

That is because these travel offers almost NEVER show up on a card that is co-branded with a travel provider like Delta (same way a lot of retail offers never got offered on the Costco card when they were using AMEX). In this case, there is a link you can use to add it to your card, which has been posted here previously (and which I posted a few times yesterday). However, if you have the offer on a card on the same login, it will not show up on the other card, whether you use the link or not. That's how AMEX works. If you have them on separate logins, then you can get the offer on both cards.

That doesn't mean that it's not AMEX that is issuing it. The credit clearly shows that it's an AMEX offer.

If the payment comes from Princess, I have more belief it would work with a card such as Macy's which is not actually issued by AMEX, but by "Department Stores National Bank."

If the payment comes from AMEX, they might not even see the transaction when the charge is from "Department Stores National Bank" which is not affiliated with AMEX other than licensing the name for the Macy's credit card.

Yes, the link you provided (thank you) does result in an E-mail that says the offer is attached to the card such as the Macy's one. But since you cannot register the Macy's AMEX card on the AMEX web site, you cannot use the AMEX web site to view any offer such as this on the Macy's card. And if you call the number on the back of the Macy's card, they cannot see this offer because it did not come from Macy's. Also you cannot see the offer that was added if you go to the Macy's card web site.

If the payment comes from Princess, I have more belief it would work with a card such as Macy's which is not actually issued by AMEX, but by "Department Stores National Bank."

I'm going to say something I didn't want to. You clearly have no clue how any of this works and are likely confusing people with your posts. Charges are processed by AMEX and the credits come from them as well, no matter who the card issuer is.

I'm out.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app