Amex Offer: Spend $500 on New Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

Try using this link and see if it lets you add it - www.americanexpress.com/wlcl

Remember if you have two cards on a single login, you will not see it on additional cards once you add it to the first card.

Tried this link and got a message that I've already used this offer. Looking back, it must have been for a Princess charge on Feb 13. Got my $100 credit on Feb 15. So, no longer available on my AmEx issued card.

I received the $100 when I purchased six FCDs in February. They were billed as three $200 transactions on the same date.

Glad you got the $100. I guess I need to call them and ask why I did not receive it when I purchased our 5- $200 transactions.

May be too late. You really need to stay on top of these things.

I agree, but incredibly stupid things have happened in the past with credit cards.

I did call one of the cards I added this too and the phone reps (I spoke with several) had no idea how to see any AMEX offers attached to the card and pointed out that their card only had points for purchases, never any cash back. They knew of no "spend $xx at merchant yyyy and get $zz back" offers that apply to their card, not only not for Carnival Corp, but not for any merchant.

Neither the web site of the card I did call or the Macy's credit card web site have any mention of any AMEX offers applying to their cards.

Thus I hopefully await someone posting it did actually work when a $500 Princess purchase was made.

Is this what you want to know?? I used the offer on both my USBank AMEX and Macy's AMEX. The $500 charges were pending since Saturday. They finally posted this morning (due to the Monday holiday) and the $100 credits were credited immediately. Additional $200 savings!!

Is this what you want to know?? I used the offer on both my USBank AMEX and Macy's AMEX. The $500 charges were pending since Saturday. They finally posted this morning (due to the Monday holiday) and the $100 credits were credited immediately. Additional $200 savings!!

Thanks.

I tried to use the AMEX offer (three cards) on a cruise booked through a big box store. They reminded me that they do not accept AMEX cards. They also indicated that I could not pay Princess directly because the cruise was booked through an agent. Disappointed.

But thanks for all the great info posted here.

I tried to use the AMEX offer (three cards) on a cruise booked through a big box store. They reminded me that they do not accept AMEX cards. They also indicated that I could not pay Princess directly because the cruise was booked through an agent. Disappointed.

That may very well be the policy of the "big box store", but your TA should not be the one being charged; the charge should be going straight through to the cruise line. I'm sure many here who have used the offer now or in the past (including me) have used a TA and received the credit as the charge was to whichever Carnival Corporation line they were sailing on.

You can go to your booking through cruise personalizer and purchase $500 in Onboard credit.

Does that qualify with Princess? You need to make sure it shows up with the correct merchant to qualify for the offer.

Princess is the correct merchant.

Even if you used AMEX with a travel agent to pay for a cruise, the merchant will be Princess.

Princess is the correct merchant.

Even if you used AMEX with a travel agent to pay for a cruise, the merchant will be Princess.

Except that there may be different merchant names depending on how the purchase is made and only specific merchants count for the offer. For example, with Carnival, when buying things like excursions online, I believe I've read that it shows up as Fun Shop or something like that and does not qualify for the AMEX offer. With Holland America, if you buy stuff online it shows up as Holland America Web and does not qualify.

That said, I see that earlier posters here did report that buying online worked.

Can I use it If I make a payment on a previously booked cruise?

Yes, as long as you make a $500 or greater payment with the enrolled card. Others have reported that even if you are past final payment, you can purchase $500 of on board credit for your cruise and you will get $100 credit on your am ex statement.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can go to your booking through cruise personalizer and purchase $500 in Onboard credit.

REALLY good idea for those who booked with that big box store.

I said I would report back if my credit comes through but so far my charge is showing as “pending” so no credit until it actually goes through.

Others have reported that theirs worked so I fully expect mine to also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The link to use to add this offer for non AMEX issued AMEX cards is https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html. It will not work for regular AMEX issued cards.

Thanks so much for posting this link! I had already used the offer a few months ago with my platinum American Express, but did not know that it could be added to store branded am ex cards. I just saved $200 by making $500 payments with my Macy’s and Bloomingdales cards!

Sent from my iPad using Forums