Amex Offer: Spend $500 on New Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

yes. I made the $600 payment AFTER I added the offer--but was wondering if the Princess credit back to Amex from 3 days prior will net out against that $600 (making it $300)?

Elaine

The small print does say that if the money is later refunded they will revoke the credit. . . . but they are not the same transaction. The shore excursion purchase should have its own transaction # seperate from the new payment. My experience is that the credit was given in 72 hrs from charge and only 24 hrs from it actually posting to my acct. My advice is just to wait until Monday and you should see it on your Am Ex acct page.

I meant to ask, if I spend $300 to pay for one cruise, and $200 for another cruise, will I get the credit?

Thanks,

April

You should read the terms & conditions, but I do NOT believe it will work that way. It is one payment of $500 or more on A (to my definition meaning 1) new cruise. What you have outlined would be a payment of $300 ... less than required and a payment of $200, again, less than required.

As soon as I made the deposit payment on my 'new' Princess cruise (there are other lines that are allowed on this offer .... Carnival, Cunard, some others), the offer was automatically deleted from my account. Used and done.

Does the $500 need to be one time purchase?

Also, has anyone got credit by using the card to purchase future cruise credit while onboard the cruise?

Thanks,

April

You should read the terms & conditions, but I do NOT believe it will work that way. It is one payment of $500 or more on A (to my definition meaning 1) new cruise. What you have outlined would be a payment of $300 ... less than required and a payment of $200, again, less than required.

As soon as I made the deposit payment on my 'new' Princess cruise (there are other lines that are allowed on this offer .... Carnival, Cunard, some others), the offer was automatically deleted from my account. Used and done.

I don't think that's what the poster was asking. The $500 can be spread across multiple charges. I've done that (some as the final payment on an existing cruise and then the rest in OBC to get over $500 on HAL) and someone else reported buying multiple future cruise credits and got the $100. And yes, it doesn't have to be on a new cruise purchase. Anything that posts as the cruise line reservation merchant seems to work.

But yes, once you redeem the offer you cannot use it again.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Edited by MisterBill99

I made a $600 payment after adding the offer-but then realized that I had a $300 credit 3 days ago from a canx shore excursion. Anyone know if AMEX will net the $300 from the $600? They were a few days apart and the $300 was prior to adding the offer. Just wondering if I need to make an additional $500 payment--final payment is in a month, so not a big deal to make another payment.

Also both DH have an Amex card on the same account--does it matter which card is used? Can we do one on each card and each get the credit?

Had the $300 credit posted before you added the order? If it did, you won't have a problem. If it hadn't, it should still post before the $600 and hopefully AMEX's computers are smart enough not to deduct it from an offer not already redeemed. But if they're not, you might need to call AMEX and explain what happened. Worst case just make another $200 payment and it should get credited.

I don't think that's what the poster was asking. The $500 can be spread across multiple charges. I've done that (some as the final payment on an existing cruise and then the rest in OBC to get over $500 on HAL) and someone else reported buying multiple future cruise credits and got the $100. And yes, it doesn't have to be on a new cruise purchase. Anything that posts as the cruise line reservation merchant seems to work.

But yes, once you redeem the offer you cannot use it again.

That isn't how the offer is worded. Glad it worked, but for me, personally, I was not going to take the chance it wouldn't work. Here is a copy of the offer, direct from AMEX website:

DETAILS

Get a $100 statement credit by usingyour enrolled eligible Card to spend $500+ while booking cruise line sailingswith Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn or Cunard by 5/31/2018.See wlcl.com/amex. Terms and exclusions apply.

That isn't how the offer is worded. Glad it worked, but for me, personally, I was not going to take the chance it wouldn't work. Here is a copy of the offer, direct from AMEX website:

DETAILS

Get a $100 statement credit by usingyour enrolled eligible Card to spend $500+ while booking cruise line sailingswith Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn or Cunard by 5/31/2018.See wlcl.com/amex. Terms and exclusions apply.

So I'm not sure what I said that apparently caused my reply to get deleted, but I will simply say that many of us have experience using this offer and have posted replies here and given advice based on that.

That isn't how the offer is worded. Glad it worked, but for me, personally, I was not going to take the chance it wouldn't work.

Though, if you took the chance and it DIDN'T work, you wouldn't be out anything. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Huh? I would be out $100 .... the offer is cash rebate.

Well, not actually. Say you pay $500 towards your cruise. If you DON'T get the rebate, you still have paid $500 towards your cruise, which you would have to do anyways regardless if AMEX had this offer or not. So you're not out anything. It's just a nice bonus to save the $100.

If you are asking can the $500 be the sum of several different lower amount purchases, the answer is "no." Must be a single charge of at least $500.
That's incorrect. It can be spread across multiple transactions. I've done it, so I know it works (part to pay the rest of my bill and some extra in OBC to hit $500 for the offer). If it had to be in a single transaction it would have said that in the offer..

• 2 weeks later...

how does one get the offer for spouse's associate card? I have an associate card on husband's Amex acct. I spent $600 after he loaded the offer and got no rebate. He then put $600 towards cruise on his card and got it instantly. Would love to get another rebate on my card if I could get the offer on it.

how does one get the offer for spouse's associate card? I have an associate card on husband's Amex acct. I spent $600 after he loaded the offer and got no rebate. He then put $600 towards cruise on his card and got it instantly. Would love to get another rebate on my card if I could get the offer on it.

Authorized user needs to have a separate Amex online account, and to add the offer separately if available. Added the offer to my Amex platinum for myself and wife used Amex blue.

Each card has its own offer. You have to create online log in for your additional user card, and see if the offer shows up on your card. ONLY if it shows up AND then you add the offer to your card, then you would get the $100 statement credit if you use your additional user card to make the transaction.

This offer shows up twice a year, 2 or 3 years in a row. We had taken advantage in Mar and again in Dec last year - split the cruise fare into multiple $500 payments, each with a UNIQUE card that had the offer added to THAT card.

Unfortunately for our upcoming 25 days Crown Princess, the offer came in a few days late. I had been waiting for the offer to show up and let the cruise went into Sold Out 3 times when Princess was juggling its inventory on this 14 days Transatlantic + 11 days Med sold as one package. When it finally came back to become available, I went ahead to book it (it went to Sold Out the next day and never returned available again). The AMEX offer came out like 3 or 4 days after that. :mad: We could have saved 6x $100 and still have offers left unused (out of 13 AMEX cards, 9 have the offer.) I added them anyway but most likely they will go to waste because they expire in late April IIRC. We never book cruises so far in advance - usually about 2 months to sail, sometimes less, even just 2 to 3 weeks. Works for us as we are retired for many years hence the flexibility.

• 1 month later...

The great AMEX offer ($100 refund on $500 for World Cruise Lines) is still available through 5/31/18. The good news is - even if you've already used it on your AMEX issued cards, you can now use it on AMEX branded cards not issued by AMEX (such as Macy's, USBank, Wells Fargo, etc.) You first must register the card at American Express Connect here: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html#All. The World Cruise Lines offer is one of the available offers.

The great AMEX offer ($100 refund on $500 for World Cruise Lines) is still available through 5/31/18. The good news is - even if you've already used it on your AMEX issued cards, you can now use it on AMEX branded cards not issued by AMEX (such as Macy's, USBank, Wells Fargo, etc.) You first must register the card at American Express Connect here: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html#All. The World Cruise Lines offer is one of the available offers.

THANKS! Was able to add it to my Macy's AMEX for another $100 savings!

THANKS! Was able to add it to my Macy's AMEX for another $100 savings!

I put in my Us Bank Amex card and it says the offer was saved to my card but when I go on the US Bank site I can't find any mention.

Do I just trust that it's there?

EDIT: I just got an email confirming enrollment.

Thank you!