Amex Offer: Spend $500 on New Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

Thanks. I will check later. I had looked after the first and it wasn’t there. Passed final payment date, so I will buy some on board credit. Hoping I have the offer[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please let us know if you are able to buy OBC and get the credit back from AMEX. Also, did you buy the OBC through the website or call in? Thanks so much!

I got an email yesterday right after I made my payment to Princess stating the following:

We appreciate you using your Amex Offer at PRINCESS CRUISES. Look out for a $100.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms.

I see the charge moved from pending to posted this morning but still don't see the credit, which has been simultaneous in the past. I may have to actually book another cruise from the onset to have this work. I should be able to figure that out before the end of May if this sailing doesn't qualify. I am just waiting for the Fall 2019 west coast sailings to show up.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately, it doesn't show up on all Amex cards.

:(

the previous 2 times I used it, it didn't show up on my card either but I was able to add it through a back door method, using an AMEX direct link to the promo. No one seems to have the new direct link though. :-(

the previous 2 times I used it, it didn't show up on my card either but I was able to add it through a back door method, using an AMEX direct link to the promo. No one seems to have the new direct link though. :-(

How Amex explained it to me was that the offer was tied to your card. It was on my platinum cards but not my gold and they couldn’t add it.

Not sure what link you are looking for as it just shows up in my offer section and next to it say “add to your card”.

Try calling American Express and request it be added to your card.

How Amex explained it to me was that the offer was tied to your card. It was on my platinum cards but not my gold and they couldn’t add it.

Not sure what link you are looking for as it just shows up in my offer section and next to it say “add to your card”.

Try calling American Express and request it be added to your card.

In previous years, the back door link was: www.americanexpress.com/wlcl it worked for me each time even though the offer never showed up in my list of offers. Once I added it through the link, I could see it in my saved offers and I received the $100 credit after spending the $500 on Princess.

In previous years, the back door link was: www.americanexpress.com/wlcl it worked for me each time even though the offer never showed up in my list of offers. Once I added it through the link, I could see it in my saved offers and I received the $100 credit after spending the $500 on Princess.

Unfortunately it looks like they closed the back door!

Try calling them and saying you have hasn’t it in years past. Can’t hurt!

Oh, that's too bad. I hope they are able to add it for you.

We have a cruise booked next month. If I use the offer to buy on board credit for that cruise and don't use all of the credit, will the remainder be refunded to me after the cruise? Between bringing our own wine on board and having already prepaid our excursions I can definitely see us not spending the entire $500.

On our cruise in Nov. I had about $80 refundable OBC left. The final stmt left in our stateroom said to collect any amount under $25 from the pursor's desk, and that anything over that would be refunded via check from the head office. That check took a few weeks to receive. I wonder how they can "refund" something to a card that wasn't used for the original charge?

The logical part of me (I know, I know!) says that pre-purchased OBC would follow this same scenario, but as I've never purchased OBC before, I can't say for sure. I'd sure hate for it to be refunded back to the AMEX card, as I'd imagine AMEX would take back the $100 credit.

I'd sure hate for it to be refunded back to the AMEX card, as I'd imagine AMEX would take back the $100 credit.

I checked a past statement from AMEX. It indicated that the $100 really comes from Princess, not from AMEX.

PRINCESS CRUISES INC - VALENCIA, CA

-$100.00

My experience has been that it is offered on generic AMEX cards (gold and platinum included), but not on branded AMEX cards such has Hilton, SPG, etc.

And when using the offer, you must use the card tied to the owner of the account, not any authorized users with their own cards.

On the A/E web site it says the following about the offer “Enrollment limited. Offer valid only for reservations booked between 2/12/2018 and 5/31/2018.“

What has been other peoples experiences? My reservation was made in June of last year.

Tom😎