Amex Offer: Spend $500 on New Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

Once per card. So if you have it on multiple cards, you can use it once on each of them.

What are the other 2 cards that they do not have it? Are they on the same login as the 2 that do? If you remove them from the shared ids and create new AMEX logins for the other cards (so each is on its own login) you should be able to load it onto all of your cards.

One is an Amex SPG and the other is a Delta Amex. My other cards are a blue and just a regular Amex. The last two are the ones that I got the offer from. I heard that cards that are affiliated with another business are not eligible. I believe, it since my two plane Jane cards are eligible, but the SPG and Delta are not. By the way, the two cards that have the shared log in are the ones that are eligible for the $100 discount. The two that don't , SPG and Delta are not.

One is an Amex SPG and the other is a Delta Amex. My other cards are a blue and just a regular Amex. The last two are the ones that I got the offer from. I heard that cards that are affiliated with another business are not eligible. I believe, it since my two plane Jane cards are eligible, but the SPG and Delta are not. By the way, the two cards that have the shared log in are the ones that are eligible for the $100 discount. The two that don't , SPG and Delta are not.

YMMV, but I saw someone post that they went to http://www.wlcl.com/amex and got it added to one of the travel cards that normally don't get competing offers.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 3 weeks later...
Although I was thinking about ordering 500 OBC then using it to pay for the package.

Worthy of a try me thinks.....

Thanks All....

S

I went ahead did the above last week, and the credit showed up this morning!!! Yippee...

Steve

If you do not find this offer under your "offers" page then you can go to http://www.wlcl.com/amex and add the offer to your AMEX card. If you have multiple AMEX cards, you must first unlink any card you wish to add this offer to in order to use this offer multiple times.

For example, you log into your AMEX account and it shows Three cards. Amex #1 Amex #2 Amex #3. You find the offer located in "offers" for Amex #2. Load it to your card.

In order to get the offer on Amex #1 & Amex #3, you must unlink these cards from your account and set up their own login account. Once you do that, you can go to http://www.wlcl.com/amex and add the offers for Amex #1 and Amex #3.

Then you can use all Three cards to get $100 off! Hope this helps!

ok,,,,just figured out you go to URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/www.americanexpress.com/wlcl"]www.americanexpress.com/wlcl/URL

and it allowed me to add to my spg card....thanks for the heads up!!!

You had the right idea, but the link you posted doesn't actually go where you intended. The correct link is:

http://www.americanexpress.com/wlcl

I just went thru this with Celebrity 2 months ago. I booked with this deal in mind but my TA didn't mention I had to load it first. Since I didn't AE will not honor the credit. Come to find out the TA had told several clients the same thing so Supposedly we were going to get a credit from TA. Numerous phone calls and lots of time later still no credit.

These offers are totally random on AE cards. It must depend on spending habits I'm thinking. So make sure you load the offer onto your account before accepting the deal! Mine was $150 btw.

I never received this offer from Amex and have been watching for it every month. I went to that above link yesterday & it did let me add it to our Amex Hilton Surpass card and is now showing up in my list of offers when I sign in.

We are sailing in 11 days, so I went in this morning and paid for our excursions in advance as they were just over $500. We won't be making any other plans before it expires. I will report back if I get the credit as usually, the credit is there 2-3 days after I make the charge.

YES ! Mine was AMEX Platinum.

I purchased 500 OBC from the website/personalizer, after loading the offer on my card.

I had already paid for the cruise, the month before, so I had to do it that way. Worked out well for me.

Steve

YES ! Mine was AMEX Platinum.

I purchased 500 OBC from the website/personalizer, after loading the offer on my card.

I had already paid for the cruise, the month before, so I had to do it that way. Worked out well for me.

Steve

thanks for posting

they email me offers every two weeks or so and never have seen this offer. did you still get the $300 suite obc? Last time I looked up the perks, it was still there along with the inedible canapes but noticed the free specialty restaurant not listed.

Just purchased $500 gift card to princess and received $100 credit on my BCE.

May I ask what BCE is? Thanks! You purchased your princess gift card on Princess's website? How long did it take to get your credit?

thanks for posting

they email me offers every two weeks or so and never have seen this offer. did you still get the $300 suite obc? Last time I looked up the perks, it was still there along with the inedible canapes but noticed the free specialty restaurant not listed.

Yes Indeed we did get the 300 obc from Platinum AMEX.....

I booked my cruise through a travel agent (which saved me >$500), with a Visa card. I have this offer on my AMEX. I still haven't made final payment. Is there any way for me to take advantage of this offer at this point? Buying a gift card? Prepaying gratuities? Any ideas?

I haven't made final payment either. I called my TA yesterday with my amex cards and had her put a $500 payment towards the cruise with each card. I already got notified from amex that my payment qualified for the credit.

Also some have gotten credit buying obc.

I haven't made final payment either. I called my TA yesterday with my amex cards and had her put a $500 payment towards the cruise with each card. I already got notified from amex that my payment qualified for the credit.

Also some have gotten credit buying obc.

This will work ... I've done it before on a few different cruise lines.

You had the right idea, but the link you posted doesn't actually go where you intended. The correct link is:

www.americanexpress.com/wlcl

I still don't see the offer after I click the above link, and login to my amex.

Would you please explain how do I add the offer? Am I suppose to see the offer if I use the above link? (vs if I use http://www.americanexpress.com, I don't see the offer)?

Thanks,

April

May I ask what BCE is? Thanks! You purchased your princess gift card on Princess's website? How long did it take to get your credit?

BCE = Blue Cash Everyday, a variety of AMEX card. You will get the credit on your card within a couple of days of the actual charge posting.