Amex Offer: Spend $500 on New Booking, Get $100 Credit

joepeka

just checked my Credit card on line and my $100 credit got posted 1 day after the $500 deposit was posted. Did it with my wife's card also, so $200 sweet.

Ditto for me -- yes, on the same cruise. Will be trying for three on Monday, since the offer was available on another of my Amex cards. Then will pay the balance on my Princess card and get the cash back from their enhanced deal. Sweet x4!

YES!!! I just got the THIRD rebate posted. So the technique works: put each of your Amex cards on a separate web sign-in. Then when a great offer like this comes along, keep checking ALL your cards and sign up for the offer on as many as have it -- you can use them all!

Did this with 4 different Amex cards between my wife and myself for $400 off.

You don't actually have to create different logins. You can just open up the different credit cards you have in different tabs with the offers displayed. Then you can add the offer to each one in each of the tabs.

However, if you've already added it to one card, you will have to create different Amex logins to add the offer.

Thank you JOEPEKA.....I read your post regarding this offer on Sunday just prior to making a booking on Dec 30th cruise on Royal. We needed to pay in full. We have 3 AMEX cards on same account with the offer and paid for the cruise on the 3 cards and got $300 off.

These days when excursions needing to be prepaid this is worth alot more money than the OBC.

Thanks again.

Thank you JOEPEKA.....I read your post regarding this offer on Sunday just prior to making a booking on Dec 30th cruise on Royal. We needed to pay in full. We have 3 AMEX cards on same account with the offer and paid for the cruise on the 3 cards and got $300 off.

These days when excursions needing to be prepaid this is worth alot more money than the OBC.

Thanks again.

You are most welcome! I'm glad I was able to provide valuable info to you and others on this forum. :)

Has anyone tried this on Princess Cruise gratuity like prepaying this charge to see if the credit is issued? because the merchant strip shows princess cruise special services rather than reservations and not sure if it would work or not

oepeka You are most welcome! I'm glad I was able to provide valuable info to you and others on this forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good info - was able get $100 for each B2B always can use the extra $200. Appreciate the heads-up ... definitely will watch those future AMEX proms offers - thanks.

Well, I certainly could not get the $100 credit. After numerous calls back and forth between Amex and Princess (each one blaming the other), I was finally informed by Amex that the offer appeared on cards for possibly one day and if we didn't click on to accept the offer to our account that day, that we lost it. We get those "freebies" all the time for stores and restaurants etc. and they usually appear for a few weeks at a time but the rep said this one was extremely limited. I find it then hard to believe that many of you fellow cruisers are able to open new cards and this credit immediately. Either Amex is lying to me (surprise, surprise) or I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone help? It's only $100 but it's the principle of the thing.

Well, I certainly could not get the $100 credit. After numerous calls back and forth between Amex and Princess (each one blaming the other), I was finally informed by Amex that the offer appeared on cards for possibly one day and if we didn't click on to accept the offer to our account that day, that we lost it. We get those "freebies" all the time for stores and restaurants etc. and they usually appear for a few weeks at a time but the rep said this one was extremely limited. I find it then hard to believe that many of you fellow cruisers are able to open new cards and this credit immediately. Either Amex is lying to me (surprise, surprise) or I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone help? It's only $100 but it's the principle of the thing.

Are you saying you had the offer one day, didn't open it and then the next day it disappeared?

I don't know if it was a one day offer because the minute I saw it I opened it. It said I had a couple of months to make the charge but that the offer was available on my card as long as I "accepted" it.

I wonder why you didn't just open it when you saw it. You didn't have to make the $500 charge that day. :confused:

If you're saying that you never saw the offer on your card then you're in the same boat as a lot of people (and as we were last year). It was RANDOMLY offered to some people and not to others so maybe this just wasn't your turn.

espmass Well, I certainly could not get the $100 credit. After numerous calls back and forth between Amex and Princess (each one blaming the other), I was finally informed by Amex that the offer appeared on cards for possibly one day and if we didn't click on to accept the offer to our account that day, that we lost it. We get those "freebies" all the time for stores and restaurants etc. and they usually appear for a few weeks at a time but the rep said this one was extremely limited. I find it then hard to believe that many of you fellow cruisers are able to open new cards and this credit immediately. Either Amex is lying to me (surprise, surprise) or I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone help? It's only $100 but it's the principle of the thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not true - these World Cruise Promotion AMEX offers have been available for some time & are still open. But - your offers depend on which AMEX card you have. We did 2x $100 credits using a particular AMEX card while another AMEX card did not have this offer. The process was simple - go to your on-line AMEX account, scroll down to all the offers, locate the World Cruises Promotion, save it to your account(s) and you will immediately receive a confirmation from AMEX that your promotion has been accepted pending eligibility (you do it right), make your payment using (that) authorized card(s) at your Princess Personalizer (not sure how this is handled working with a TA) -and- you'll again receive an immediate electronic response that the Princess payment has been made - then one from AMEX stating your promotion offer "has been used - look for your $100 credit" ... the $100.00 credit will be posted to your account in four days. Nothing could be easier without one phone call. Check it out - hope this helps.

Anyone got the credit after making a purchase when the fare was already paid in full. I know the merchant script is Princess Cruises Reservations before the reservation is made in full but after I make any purchases for gratuities it will show up as Princess Cruises Special Services so I am not sure if it would still trigger the $100 bonus

jameslee Anyone got the credit after making a purchase when the fare was already paid in full. I know the merchant script is Princess Cruises Reservations before the reservation is made in full but after I make any purchases for gratuities it will show up as Princess Cruises Special Services so I am not sure if it would still trigger the $100 bonus

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe the AMEX prom offer applies to cruise bookings prior to the final payment date. Anything you "pre-pay" (Gratuities, Excursions, SPA, Flowers, Beverages, etc.,) does not show on your Princess Final Payment Amount - these charges are immediately billed direct to your (card) and are not reflected in the final cruise payment invoice that includes Cruise Fare, Insurance, Taxes/Port Fees - less deposit & any cruise pre-payment.

• 4 weeks later...
YES!!! I just got the THIRD rebate posted. So the technique works: put each of your Amex cards on a separate web sign-in. Then when a great offer like this comes along, keep checking ALL your cards and sign up for the offer on as many as have it -- you can use them all!

You actually don't have to do that, although it does make it easier. You can also clone your browser window once you login to the AMEX site. Do so for each card that has the offer and have the offers open so you can see them (expanding the list when needed). Then you can go add it to each card that you have a window open for. Otherwise, as you figured out, once you add it to one card on a login, it disappears for the others.

Oops I see that bgh10788 already mentioned this.

Edited by MisterBill99

I believe the AMEX prom offer applies to cruise bookings prior to the final payment date. Anything you "pre-pay" (Gratuities, Excursions, SPA, Flowers, Beverages, etc.,) does not show on your Princess Final Payment Amount - these charges are immediately billed direct to your (card) and are not reflected in the final cruise payment invoice that includes Cruise Fare, Insurance, Taxes/Port Fees - less deposit & any cruise pre-payment.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. If the charge for that stuff comes in from Princess, then it should qualify for the offer, whether you do so before or after the final payment date.

Has anyone tried buying on board credit for this offer? When I had a similar offer on Royal Caribbean earlier this year, I bought OBC since I had extra AMEX cards with the offer. It worked fine.

I'm really shocked that this offer is still available to clip. Similar offers on Royal Caribbean typically disappear within a couple of days. I'm guessing that Carnival Corp and AMEX want to get a lot of people to redeem this, given the long expiration date.

BTW why don't you use the normal "quote" feature available here? CC doesn't recognize your method and the original post has to be manually deleted when replying to your post.

Edited by MisterBill99

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. If the charge for that stuff comes in from Princess, then it should qualify for the offer, whether you do so before or after the final payment date.

Has anyone tried buying on board credit for this offer? When I had a similar offer on Royal Caribbean earlier this year, I bought OBC since I had extra AMEX cards with the offer. It worked fine for two (2) cruise bookings.

I'm really shocked that this offer is still available to clip. Similar offers on Royal Caribbean typically disappear within a couple of days. I'm guessing that Carnival Corp and AMEX want to get a lot of people to redeem this, given the long expiration date.

BTW why don't you use the normal "quote" feature available here? CC doesn't recognize your method and the original post has to be manually deleted when replying to your post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My point regarding individual prepaid charges that are immediately charged to your card and do not show on your final Princess cruise statement are usually small $ amounts that do not meet the AMEX Offer to spend $500 (or more) and get back $100 credit requirement. We applied the offer(s) to our final cruise payments - worked very well.

Regarding the "offer still available" - I believe it was open for cruise travel through mid April 2017. At least for us - as soon as that offer was selected at the AMEX site - it was removed from our lists of current offers since it was a one time use.

Lastly - use of "quotes" - I do use that option - as you can see from your total post replicated above - but edit when needed for brevity & clarity specific to a subject. I've been doing this for over 16 years with no problems. JMO - but many times all the extra stuff takes up far too much space with all the add-ons, when and where I've sailed lists, my future cruise/dates, logos, slogans, etc., is confusing and takes up too much space.. Therefore - I try to keep it simple.

Thanks for your comments - I appreciate your observations.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My point regarding individual prepaid charges that are immediately charged to your card and do not show on your final Princess cruise statement are usually small $ amounts that do not meet the AMEX Offer to spend $500 (or more) and get back $100 credit requirement. We applied the offer(s) to our final cruise payments - worked very well.

Regarding the "offer still available" - I believe it was open for cruise travel through mid April 2017. At least for us - as soon as that offer was selected at the AMEX site - it was removed from our lists of current offers since it was a one time use.

Lastly - use of "quotes" - I do use that option - as you can see from your total post replicated above - but edit when needed for brevity & clarity specific to a subject. I've been doing this for over 16 years with no problems. JMO - but many times all the extra stuff takes up far too much space with all the add-ons, when and where I've sailed lists, my future cruise/dates, logos, slogans, etc., is confusing and takes up too much space.. Therefore - I try to keep it simple.

Thanks for your comments - I appreciate your observations.

Thanks for the reply. I agree that you can't use it on the ship. But in theory anything purchased pre-cruise should be fine.

The offer is still available to clip if you haven't already clipped it. I just added it to a couple of my cards yesterday. I had added it to some previously but didn't really intend to use it. I'm now looking at booking a HAL cruise so I have interest in having it on multiple cards so I can pay in $500 chunks and might even pre-purchase some OBC to use it on another card or two. Yes, once you've added it, you cannot add it a second time even if you've already used it. That is standard with AMEX offers. My point was that it is unusual for a lucrative offer such as this (which should be useful to many given the many cruise lines it's usable on) to remain available for a month, the Royal offers have been gone in days. Perhaps it's the confusing nature of the offer title that has people not clipping it. Or maybe they just made a LOT of them available.

As for quoting, trimming is great. Just make sure you don't delete the quote tags. Then CC will separate it out and you won't need to add the line of dashes.

Edited by MisterBill99

We have four different Amex cards and only two had the offers, Amex Blue and Platinum Business. I was able to get two $100 on each card, one for me and one for my husband because the last four digits are different, totaling $400 off $2000. I then called Amex and was told as long as this payment is made before the April, 2017 deadline, it is still good, even if I'm not sailing until Oct. 2017.

Thanks for the reply. I agree that you can't use it on the ship. But in theory anything purchased pre-cruise should be fine.

The offer is still available to clip if you haven't already clipped it. I just added it to a couple of my cards yesterday. I had added it to some previously but didn't really intend to use it. I'm now looking at booking a HAL cruise so I have interest in having it on multiple cards so I can pay in $500 chunks and might even pre-purchase some OBC to use it on another card or two. Yes, once you've added it, you cannot add it a second time even if you've already used it. That is standard with AMEX offers. My point was that it is unusual for a lucrative offer such as this (which should be useful to many given the many cruise lines it's usable on) to remain available for a month, the Royal offers have been gone in days. Perhaps it's the confusing nature of the offer title that has people not clipping it. Or maybe they just made a LOT of them available.

As for quoting, trimming is great. Just make sure you don't delete the quote tags. Then CC will separate it out and you won't need to add the line of dashes.

Got it thanks. BTW - I see you are doing Edinburgh Military Tattoo next August. If you have not been - you are in for one fantastic treat. We did the tattoo a couple years back with a full day private group country-side tour out of Greenock to Edinburgh (book direct & early for the best seats) - then around the top with Invergordon and another Edinburgh day visit from the port of South Queensferry - loved Scotland - enjoy!

We have four different Amex cards and only two had the offers, Amex Blue and Platinum Business. I was able to get two $100 on each card, one for me and one for my husband because the last four digits are different, totaling $400 off $2000. I then called Amex and was told as long as this payment is made before the April, 2017 deadline, it is still good, even if I'm not sailing until Oct. 2017.

I was trying to understand how you redeemed 2 offers on each card, and I suspect the answer is that you're using the term "card" when you mean account. So you have 4 accounts, and thus 8 different cards. Which accounts did not have the offer? The co-branded travel cards like Hilton and SPG typically do not get travel-related offers, I guess they don't want to encourage you to use the competition, much like the Costco card often didn't have offers from Amazon and Staples.

Edited by MisterBill99

Got it thanks. BTW - I see you are doing Edinburgh Military Tattoo next August. If you have not been - you are in for one fantastic treat. We did the tattoo a couple years back with a full day private group country-side tour out of Greenock to Edinburgh (book direct & early for the best seats) - then around the top with Invergordon and another Edinburgh day visit from the port of South Queensferry - loved Scotland - enjoy!

Thanks -- we've already got our Tattoo tickets! I booked a private tour with some other folks from here on CC. One of them joined the Friends of the Tattoo and got tickets the day they were released. I think we ended up higher up than she wanted, but we got the section that had been recommended in posts from previous visitors.

We have a separate stop in Invergordon and a private tour booked there as well.

Edited by MisterBill99

Thanks -- we've already got our Tattoo tickets! I booked a private tour with some other folks from here on CC. One of them joined the Friends of the Tattoo and got tickets the day they were released. I think we ended up higher up than she wanted, but we got the section that had been recommended in posts from previous visitors.

We have a separate stop in Invergordon and a private tour booked there as well.

Excellent! Our group booked EMT a year out - glad we did - it was a sold-out event - enjoy!